Ratings for Dr. Andrew C. Dilernia

Excellent Doctor and Person. Takes His Time With You And Shows Compasion

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Just want everyone to know that Dr. Dilernia used to practice in Concord, Massachusetts and totally misdiagnosed my son with asthma when he actually had stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma. Thanks, Dr. Dilernia. Five years later he's still suffering.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Dr. Dilernia nearly cost me my life. I spent a week phoning him and describing to him what turned out to be symptoms of a very aggressive lymphoma. He consistently dismissed the possibility that there could be a serious problem. I finally bulled my way into his office and saw his partner, who immediately sent me for a CAT scan. Fortunately, I was treated successfully. After I was diagnosed, I never heard from Dr. Dilernia again - not once. Disgraceful.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

With the exception of short waits in the office when I arrive, I find Dr DiLernia and the office staff to be very pleasant. I have never had any problems with referals to specialists, with insurance, with referrals to the lab at nearby Emerson. The Doctor is very professional and is not afraid to tell you what he think and what he doesn't know and will refer you to someone who he trusts and may be better equipped to help. Over all very positive for each visit.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I like Dr. Dilernia; he has a laid-back style, but his staff can be rude and very brusque. They have made mistakes by not sending me correct forms and talking to me on the phone like I'm an idiot. Not sure what's up with that. But I try to look past them because I think Dr. Dilernia is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

The worse experience I ever had!!!! Dr. Dilernia tried to play "prince Charming" with me,while his stuff was very rude. In the book I got from my insurance says that Dr.DiLernia speaks "my" language...????????????????????? He couldn't understand a word!!! And,on top of everything - he mixed up on a child's disease! Got lost in a translation!!!! Never going back!!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Dilernia has been my doctor for over a decade. He has treated my for a large variety of issues over the year, both simple and complex. I have been extremely happy with the services of he and his office and have referred him to others who have also reported being very happy with him. Excellent Doctor!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

I choose Dr. D because it is in my close proximity of my new home, however, I liked very mcuh my previous PCP. I am extremely disapointed by the poor service from his staff. At my first visit to him, we only chatted which was ok as I am a healthy individual. However, when I needed a referral to a specialist, his staff not only refused to give it to me for the doctor I wanted, but they lied to me that it was denied by the insurance. calling the insurance, i found out that no referral was submitted. In addition, the staff told me that the only way i can see the doctor i want is to change the PCP. I was shocked by this as the requested specialist was in network and in teh group as well. I consider this denial of giving referral a malpractice from Dr. D's staff. I did change my PCP for the old one I had and was very happy with even though it is an 1 hour commute time to go into his office. I would not recommend to anyone Concord Associates office. In fact, I urge you not to go there.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

The staff is so rude and so inefficient that it's difficult to deal with them. Additionally, they messed up an appointment time which I had to then pay for. Dr. D. is great, but at the same time, is overbooked, it seems, and therefore doesn't seem to review the medical record - I've had to remind him constantly about my own care. Wait times? Unacceptably long - up to an hour this past visit. Though I like him, and want to continue to see him, I may not be able to afford to if his staff continues to mis-code billing. Also, I am afraid that I'm not getting the best care with his lack of attention to detail.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

I like Dr. D. but I agree with the others, his stuff is very rude and not friendly. He needs to upgrade his staff!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Andrew C. Dilernia's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

HealthPartners