Ratings for Dr. W. Michael Mcdonnell

When I was in NY I was diagnosed with IBS. I had a weeklong pain. There no deviation from my normal routine and so the sudden start of pain was of my concern. As soon as he heard IBS, he wanted to wrap up the visit almost immediately. He did not even put the stetho on where I had pain. When I asked him to check, he said: "You know your body, and you know I cannot do anything." I was literally stunned. I was like: what do you mean? If I know my body well, why would I come? Plus I have an on-going pain issue. As if, I have done a big mistake by having IBS and all pains are due to IBS. I cannot have anything else wrong in my body. Simply unbelievable behavior from an established specialist. All in all he spent probably 8-10 minutes. Most of that time I was explaining the pain and past history. After that it basically was like: I was just pursuing and requesting the doctor to check and he would dismiss my concern. He had absolutely no concern for a patient and had zero value to me.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. W. Michael Mcdonnell's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Illinois