You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Annette Bicher

I had a surgery with Dr Bicher. She and her staff are very professional and knowledgeable. If you are looking for an excellent surgeon go to her. I received the best care from her, her staff and Fairfax Hospital.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I believe I am still here because of this surgeon. I am 3 years past surgery for grade 1a, stage 1 uterine cancer. She has a busy practice and has a direct and focused manner. She's not effusive or especially warm/fuzzy but she conveys a deep interest in her patients and a profound commitment to women's health that made me feel safe. I was always aware of many other women patients in the waiting room and treatment areas who were less lucky than I, and I would never have wanted to take more time than I needed from the doctor or staff. But I never felt short-changed, and it's the first place I would suggest for any friend there with gyn-oncology issues.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I'm sure that Dr. Bicher (and God) saved my life from ovarian cancer (2005). She was extremely professional, knowledgeable and caring every time I saw her -- pre-total hysterectomy, on the phone to explain the pathologies, and for each of the visits.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Staff is terrible. Residents with awful bedside manner; which they learn from the Dr. herself. Took 6 hours to get discharged from the hospital. Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Diagnosed with aggressive, high grade uterine cancer three years ago. I credit Dr. Bicher and God with still being on this earth. She was wonderful and caring and obviously knew how to deal with a rare, aggressive cancer! She takes time when one needs it but does have a very busy schedule so is often a little late. Her chemo staff is wonderful! I can't say enough about them. Office staff--hard to get to talk to a real person sometimes. Dr. Bicher gets five stars from me!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Treated for uterine cancer. Dr Bicher and her staff are excellent. She is very thorough, patient and very competent. I feel very fortunate to be under her excellent care.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Bicher was my oncologist who removed my ovarian cancer. She performed the surgery in May of 2011. A few months after the surgery I developed a hernia on the incision and when I showed it to her and asked her if the pain that I was experiencing which felt like twisted intestines and the bulge that was visibly showing on my belly was hernia she said "no" and gave me a vaginal dialator. The pain persited and I went to another doctor within 5 days who confirmed that I had hernia. I had the second surgery in December. I don't recommend Dr. Bicher. I would not allow her to perform surgery on me or my family members.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

Her staff is horrible, they contradict each other and are very unwilling to assist with getting a second opinion when the doctor herself was conflicted on the diagnosis. They are more set on subjecting a patient to chemo without knowing for sure what the problem is. You are more a statistic than a human being.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Bicher performed my surgery almost 10 years ago for ovarian cancer. I felt extremely "safe" in her hands. She was up front in my diagnosis and her recommendations. Her team of chemo nurses were also outstanding--both in their knowledge and their sensitivity to my particular needs. They exhibited a positive, cheerful environment, while maintaining a professional, competent manner in carrying out their responsibilities. I am a little disappointed in the "first line" of communication in the office. It is a very busy office but I often feel rushed and like a number rather than a real, feeling person when I call with questions or when seeking help. Since this a potential new patient's first step in deciding on a doctor, maybe an occasional reminder to present a more helpful, friendly manner would help. But I feel this shortcoming is far outweighed by the outstanding care I received and continue to receive from Dr. Bicher and her Nurse Practioner. I would recommend them highly!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Annette Bicher's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Kaiser-Permanente

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a surgery with Dr Bicher. She and her staff are very professional and knowledgeable. If you are looking for an excellent surgeon go to her. I received ..."

September 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=25004'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 1.5

February 22, 2014
  • combined ratings from Oncologist / Hematologist listing (DID: 3487906)

May 3, 2012