Ratings for Dr. Maria T. Rivero

Dr. Rivero is one of a kind. She is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate! I have known her for many years. I have been under her care for a variety of OBGYN situations involving two miscarriages and some other uterus conditions. She has always been remarkably patient and thorough throughout with clear and specific explanations to all my concerns. It is your responsibility as a patient to do some research about your situation and concerns beforehand, so that your doctor's appointment will be more efficient and focused. Therefore, I've always been extremely satisfied with Dr. Rivero's keen advice, expertise and kindness.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Dr Rivero has been my OB/GYN for 4 pregnancies including my 2nd which was a miscarriage and my last where I had twins. I would trust her with my life and the life of my children which is the most critical element when selecting a doctor. She has always been kind, compassionate, extremely knowledgeable, professional, and extremely experienced having seen all kinds of concern, issues, and types of deliveries. Her quick actions during the delivery of my first child literally saved my life as my placenta had tore, and I was bleeding rapidly. Her nurse had told her she had all my placenta which was not true, and she recognized the signs. She also ensured the delivery nurse was giving enough pain medications early on. Throughout my pregnancies her concern was for both the health of myself and my baby. She made certain I clearly understood everything regarding any decisions or care. She referred me to specialized care when required (which by the way meant she was not making more money, and it is ridiculous to me that a few of the reviews believe she is making money from more lab tests, hospital visits, or specialist. She is trying to give you the same care she would want for herself and her child.) She helped me make decisions with my twins on how much bed rest, if I should do a C-section, etc, and I knew she had several other twin pregnancies ahead of mine which gave me comfort. She is very compassionate, but like a good doctor she tells you the truth. She can’t always control the truth or predict the future. It is her job to make sure you understand as much of the truth as she knows based on the best information she has from tests, her knowledge and experience, and exams. It is also her job to help you reduce any risk for your health and the baby’s health. She has a kind heart to take on a percentage of less fortunate. I feel like some of the lower ratings are because she is caring for less fortunate (where some doctors prefer not to), and they tend to write lower reviews with poor grammar. Bottom-line: She is one of the best doctors: knowledgeable, professional, compassionate, and kind. She not so compassionate as to hide the truth or let you ignore real risks to feel good. You want your medical doctor to be the best medical doctor when delivering a baby.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I will have to say that I'm rating the office, not Dr. Rivero, since I never was able to see her. Shawn was awesome and the ONLY one who cared to be compassionate to me on my 2nd miscarriage. I know I'm emotional and bitter right now but telling me "well at least you can get pregnant" after my 2nd miscarriage is REALLY not comforting. The staff takes FOREVER to return phone calls, the office staff is incredibly rude. They like to ask me what kind of blood work I'm in for even though I have no clue. The miscarriage was painful and no doctor would talk to me. I was just told to keep doing what I was doing. I'm done with the place and would NOT recommend this place to anyone who values their time, would like someone to treat them with compassion or would like phone calls returned in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

This Woman is SATAN very rude!! She is not a great doctor at all!!

Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Rivero is a professional doctor. She is not the most empathic person but the most important is that she is always very aware of any issues during the pregnancy. She is doing all needed tests and if there is anything what she is concerned about she is doing extra tests. I also had a few moments when didn't feel comfortable for 100% with her personality - sometimes asking questions made me nervous but in the end the most important things are her knowledge and professionalism. The most horrible thing about the office is that it always takes sooo long! I always needed to wait for Dr. Rivero in the room for at least 40min. That's too long!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

She is the best doctor ... Dr.rivero is a serious doctor she is the one who is taking responsibility for of mother and the baby ...she is not here to entertain people .. I like her I am blessed having her on my 1st pregnancy hope so with the 2nd pregnancy too.best doctor

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

I am shocked at all the comments on here about Dr. Rivero and her being rude. Dr. Rivero has delivered all 3 of my daughters and has been nothing but professional, her bedside manner is perfect! You don't want a doctor who is going to come in joking around and acting goofy, Dr. Rivero has a job to do and that is to keep you and your baby healthy. She orders all of her tests because she is cautious and likes to make sure her patients are all treated to the best of her ability. Every nurse at all the hospitals I have been have all told me that Dr. Rivero is one of the best because she puts her patients first, yes she may have to be rude to a nurse to get what she needs for her patient, remember you are her patient..she is protecting you! Remember she has a job to do and that is to make sure you and your child stay healthy/safe.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Rivero and I will not be going back for my second pregnancy. Her staff is great except it is impossible to get in touch with her nurse, she does not answer the phone or return messages. It is always a long wait and once you get to see her she is in such a rush and makes you feel stupid when asking questions. Your experience all depends on her mood that day, if she has had a bad day you could leave in tears. She is knowledgeable but it seems like you could find a doctor who knows just as much who also has a much better bedside manner. For the majority her nurses and staff make up for her rude behavior but I will be finding a different doctor for my next pregnancy and would recommend others to save themselves the trouble and go else where.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Loved it here!receptionist friendly,nurse friendly,and Dr.Rivero super sweet and professional.never felt rushed by anyone.Dr.Rivero is the best,she listened to my concerns.

Submitted March 5, 2013

I should have changed doctors the first time I saw the signs. Several things I do NOT like about her and this place: 1. First day: 1 hr wait at the welcome area; another 45 mins wait in the lab room 2. She comes in with a stern look on her face (he always does like shes had a bad day evrytime. I'm just another pregnant girl in that room. 3. She didn't show up on an appointment 4. She makes me feel dumb by asking me technical questions and would get irritated when I ask if she can translate in laymans terms 5. She would let me repeat a test or so and would make me come back for another "bloodwork". It finally came to a point where I felt like theyre only milking my insurance company. Don't get me wrong, I'm not new to this. This is my second pregnancy. 6. You can NEVER reach her nurse no matter how many times you call her throughout the day. I realized, and observed this, while she's in her office, she would never pick up the phone. Phones ringing are probably music to her ears

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr. Maria T. Rivero's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Webster, TX