Ratings for Dr. Lloyd D. Hancock

First off be very careful if you happen to go to this Dr. I was given someone else's medical records when I decided it was time for a second opinion. The staff kept saying they didn't know when they would be able to get the images from the ultrasound machine until I told them they had violated the HIPAA law, they managed to get them THE SAME DAY at that point. Very convenient. I had always liked Dr. Hancock until I realized he wasn't very concerned about treatment as much as he was concerned about just keeping me coming back every 6 months for an ultrasound and wanting to do a biopsy when I had already said that I didn't want to do that. When I got my medical records the notes he had made about my complaints were not accurate. I had complaints about many things that he didn't have listed. He couldn't scare me into a biopsy so he decided to try to BS me into one. That didn't work either. He told me that I have a "leaky carotid artery that is hemorrhaging when I cough and the blood is leaking into the nodule" he says this is the cause of the nodules growing. I've talked to other doctors about this "leaky carotid artery" and they were amused. Actually thought I was joking.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

II am a first time patient on medicare,medicare gave me this dr number and told me to see him. I showed up early but was not able to get in till 10 minutes after my appt time, which is fine because drs have many patients and things do happen. When I finally got to the room I saw a woman who treated me like I was an infant, changed my insulin pump settings and called in a script for insulin. I thought everything was fine and figured people do have bad days at work, however the script she called in was wrong, and I found out that she did not listen to a word I said. I called my insurance and they said call them and request to see the Dr and explain what happened. I called and was apologized to and an appt was set up to see the Dr. The next day I received a call that they were dropping me as a patient, because they did not want to deal with my situation. I never even met the Dr, so he could be a good Dr, but I will never know. When I called medicare they did not have a listing of the woman whom I saw as a Dr, I then called around with no idea who she was. Finally I was able to find out that she was a PA and that she did not change her last name anywhere and that is why she doesn't show up with searches. Meanwhile I know have incorrect settings on my insulin pump and am not able to get my insulin due to her mistake. They threatened to send their notes to my primary car Dr, to which I replied that would be breaking the HIPPA law. Said they will send the notes to me. Am interested what is in these notes and if I will actually get them. Beware of this office they stick up for each other and do not fix their mistakes or care what a patient thinks. As far as I know the Dr doesn't even know about this.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been going to Dr Hancock for a long time for my problems. He is an excellent doctor. He explains things to you and what approach to take. I travel over an hour to see him. I have also seen the NPs he has. Both are excellent and are very helpful. I don't mind seeing the NPs. When I have to have certain tests I see the doctor. The NPs and doctor take very good care of me and they also see my husband. He really likes them also. If I had any changes to make it would be when you call in requesting something you need. Sometimes they could be better when requesting something you need. But I the whole I would recommend the doctor and the NPs to anyone. They really are good.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

This was a first visit and I did not see the doctor rather a NP and not given a choice. When questioned on this practice, the office staff hung up on me because the doctor was too busy.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

After being a patient for nearly a decade, for the first time I forgot my medicine at home when I left for the weekend. The staff told me I would have to have the pharmacy fax the request and it could take up to 48 hours. I require my medication daily and I had to take to multiple staff members to get it through their heads that they needed to call in an emergency prescription to a pharmacy in another state. Very rude and I will be finding a new endocrinologist. Since the office expanded the continuity of care has been terrible, basically a different PA every appointment.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

You never see him, but once a year if lucky. Only see physician assistants. Strange. Even if you request to see him, the office staff will tell you know. His office staff needs an overhaul. They are rude and unprofessional. Billing is never correct. Doctor's wife told my sister that the staff was undergoing sensitivity training, because they had so many complaints. There are better endo practices in Murfreesboro. I now see another endo who was able to correct my issues in one visit. He does not use PA's. It's a shame. Hopefully they will get their act together. Physicians are suppose to care about the quality of care for their patients. This one does not. Be forewarned.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Lloyd D. Hancock's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

AHC