Ratings for Dr. Ronald D. Sylvest

Dr Ronald Sylvester is a horrible doctor. I told him I had been to lake after hours and recieved pain meds so he asked me had I gotten them filled I told him yes. He asked did I have the meds with me I replied yes. He told me to give him my meds ain which he placed in his pockets and told me he would give me something good in which he wrote a script for lortabs in which I could not take I told him to write me a prescription for ibuprofen. I never went back and shall not return.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

This doctor broke a seperate bone during surgery other than the broken bone, causing him to perform a second surgery. After this he became rough, even though I complained that he was hurting me to which he replied "quit being a baby". He returned me to work with no restrictions despite the fact I could not use my left hand at all telling me I needed to start using and bending the fingers. I told him I could not and he told me that I could. I complained about pain and was given pain medication but told to drive myself to work. I have seen another orthopedic doctor who has told me that to possibly regain use of my left hand he would have to do one maybe two additional surgeries. I would recommend everyone stay away from this doctor unless you like being hurt and belittled. I also discovered today that his credentials are probation & limited on his license through the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners which means he has had action taken his license by the board.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

Each visit I made to this doctor ended in inappropriate touching and/or comments. Not once was an assistant allowed with us in the examination room. After 2 visits I would not go alone and always had my sister accompany me into the exam room. After 3 visits I would not return. I do not need to hear a physician comment on my tan line while examining my back when he is supposed to be treating my ankle. Keep your mothers/sisters/daughters/wifes/girlfriends away at all costs. I have also discovered I am not the only female with such complaints.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2007

Avoid this doctor at all costs. He was very abusive in examining me and didn't listen to my complaints at all. After receiving his written report, it was full of inconsistencies and various errors about my stated condition.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

This Dr. was recommended by my lawyer after a car accident. He was very abrubt and abbrasive 5 out of the 6 times I saw him. He continuosly prescribed medications without trying to help fix or address what was actually wron gwith me. He was very rough and several times grabbed my injured arm and pulled me up out of a chair and continued to pull the injured arm against my protests for him to stop. I also told him of swelling and severe pain and he listened to my worries for almost 3 minutes before saying " Hold on a minute I will be right back" At that time he exited the room and never returned. He sent an assistant in with a prescription for the maximum dosage of a pain pill (30 total pills at 10 mg each) only 8 days after prescribing me 40 pills of the same pain medication. He never once looked at my swelling or listened to my pleas for him not to pull of my hurt arm. My last visit with him was the only one where he was nice after he had MRI results showing I had a torn rotator cuff.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2006

Dr. Ronald D. Sylvest's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA