Ratings for Dr. Leslie A. Olsakovsky

fantastic is the only word to describe the entire surgical process

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

Performed surgery to remove cataracts supposedly to fix my vision so that I would only need reading glasses; she removed cataracts but made a mistake with the lense measurements for one eye (by her own admission) which left me with worst vision than before the surgery; I went from being farsighted to nearsighthed and will have to continue wearing bifocals... when I complained to her that my vision was worst than before the surgery and I was having a very hard time driving specially at night she replied that I could pass a driver test and asked if I could cook without glasses before the surgery, I guess to insinuate that I was seeing close objects better now than before the surgery, then said there was nothing else she could do for me and I would just have to wear glasses. She was very dismissive and condensing. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

She is very knowledgeable and did a beautiful cornea transplant.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006

Dr Olsakovsky was the only physician out of 4 who could give us a diagnosis and hope for my husband's vision loss due to keratoconus. Her surgery technique was impecable and there were no complications. His vision is now 20/25 (from a pre op of 20/ 200+). We never felt slighted at all at any appointment that she attended, but then we made the appointments so he could regain his sight.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2006

Dr. Olsakovsky was condescending to me from the time she entered the room. She told me what my symptoms were instead of asking. She refused to do a refraction; it had been three or four years since my last refraction; she told me to go see an optician if I wanted a new lens prescription. She was rude and sarcastic. She told me to put hot soaks on my eyes twice a day for four minutes, "as hot as you can stand it"... my previous opthalmologist had told me to use warm soaks and be careful because it is very easy to scald your eyes and face. We asked Dr. Olsakovsky several times what my opthalmic pressure was and she only responded when we tried to look in the chart ourselves. I would NOT recommend this medical provider to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2006

Dr. Leslie A. Olsakovsky's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charlottesville, VA