Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Mullen

I am a relatively active 69 year old male, enjoying camping/fishing, hiking, riding my recumbent trike, and weight lifting. Approximately 2 years ago my shoulder turned into a mess after years of activity and abuse. Had it checked out, turns out 3 of the 4 rotator cuff connective tissues had tears, based on an MRI. Doc Dan performed surgery to make the repairs, once inside my shoulder he observed an additional tear that was not visible on the MRI, and made that repair as well, demonstrating his acute awareness of the area while performing the surgery. My shoulder feels better now than when I was in my 40’s. At the start of this year my left hip became very painful, had that checked out with CT scan, X-rays, MRI, and Ultrasound. My hip joint was a mess along with some back issues, spinal stenosis, and spondylolethisis. Needed to do more diagnostics to determine which of these issues was the problem. The back issues were ruled out, went back to Doc Dan, based on his X-rays my hip joint was bone on bone and required replacement. Had the hip replacement surgery, everything went extremely well. I consider Doc Dan my miracle worker, he basically gave me back my quality of life. With both surgeries, and I guess this can relate to his expertise and knowledge while performing the surgeries, I did not have to take any pain medication during recovery and rehab, this is a testament showing how good he is at what he does. In addition his professionalism during the consultation and his bed side manners are exceptional. The proof is in the pudding so to speak, 8 weeks after hip surgery I was back walking and fishing at my favorite river location doing what I love, spending quality time with my wife our 2 dogs, being active and enjoying nature. To Doc Dan and all the staff at Mullen Orthopedic, Thank You from the bottom of my heart, you guy’s are great!!!! Allen

flag | Submitted October 23, 2019

Dr. Mullen is the best. Had shoulder surgery this past winter. Recovery went well and I'm back golfing 18 holes with no pain.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2019

I was told I'd never run again from every specialist I'd seen for the past 3 years after breaking my hip doing a "fun run/obstacle course". Dr. Mullen was honest with me and explained the procedure of removing the rod another surgeon had put in my hip 3 years ago and what my chances would be for me to return to my normal life without pain. He has literally changed my life. For the past 3 years, I wasn't sure who I was without being able to be physically active. Now that he has taken the rod out, I'm me again! I can run again! I'm not in pain 24/7 anymore! I can't understand why every other specialist I've seen over the past 3 years has given up on me and all it took was seeing me one time and Dr. Mullen was ready to fix me! He really is the best!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2019

Dr. Mullen is knowledgeable, skilled, punctual, straightforward, and has GREAT bedside manner. The entire experience with my knee replacement beginning with diagnosis, through surgery, and recovery was incredible. Dr. Mullen answered questions thoroughly and made sure our questions were answered completely. His skill as a surgeon was evident in my fast recovery and progress imediately following surgery. Dr. Mullen as done orthopedic surgery on 4 of our family memories and each one agrees that working with Dr. Mullen was a very positive and successful experience in every way! If you want the best . .. choose Dr. Mullen, believe me he will not disappoint.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Absolutely wonderful group of people from the front office staff all the way through Dr. Mullen is the best in the state I tell all in need of a great Dr. Who cares and knows his stuff absolutely go to Dan Mullen why settle for less go to the best. Great Staff they treat you like family.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

The staff was very friendly the entire time. Dr. Mullen was able to answer all of my questions and is very friendly as well. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Love Dr Mullen ! Explained everything to me perfectly!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr. Mullin fixed my shoulder and he’s awesome!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Outstanding surgeon, total hip replacement and feel great.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Mullen did both of my knees and have recovered very well from both. Great surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Daniel J. Mullen's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1996)