Ratings for Dr. Pedram Hamrah

This “doctor” performed meibomian gland probing on my eyelid margins in 2014, at Mass Eye and Ear. He did not comprehend that the chronic lid margin inflammation I was suffering - for which he deemed the probing was necessary - was the result of an EARLIER probing (of which he was fully aware). The result? After the probing he performed, I experienced an even more intense and protracted inflammation of my eyelid margins that lasted for months on end, requiring the ongoing administration of oral steroids, which I take to this day. I should never have let this doctor touch me. His hand was literally shaking as he approached my eyelids with his probe. He provided me with no follow-up instructions or directives. After the probing, he simply walked out of the room and left me. Terrible bedside manner. Compassionless. He also provided NO response to repeated requests from my referring optometrist to requests for advice following complications after the probing. Disgraceful. I lodged a complaint with the entire ophthalmology dept. as Mass Eye and Ear, including the hospital’s president. And yet, here he is, still practicing ophthalmology (now at Tufts). Unbelievably, this man teaches ophthalmology at Harvard!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Excellent, caring, knowledgeable. Helped my mom greatly. Thank you

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Wonderfully caring and very knowledgeable . Great experience

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Very helpful caring. Takes charge of my case and tracks it well.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013