Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Goebel

Workers comp sent me to Goebel what a waste of my time. I lifted a heavy case at work and my back went out they sent me to Goebel he took no X-rays or MRI and said I had degenerative discs and I needed physical therapy. I went to therapy for 4 weeks went back to see him he poked my back with his finger and sent me back to physical therapy for an additional 4 weeks.I went back to see him again after the therapy and he then released me back to full duty at work still no MRI or X-rays.The pain in my back was getting worse so I went and paid for an MRI out of my pocket and had a herniated disc and a problem with my si joint. I then went to a real drs office and seen 3 different drs who said I needed surgery. A week after surgery workers comp made me go back to Goebel he looked at the incision and told me he was done with me but he still insisted my back pain was because of degenerative discs.Bottom line he gets paid a fortune by local companies to send workers back to work so they don't have to pay for surgeries or lost time wages.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Goebel has been a Godsend to me .. after 14 years of suffering SEVERE, crippling, chronic pain that left me bedridden he gave me the correct diagnosis & treatment which was surgery for SI that I needed all along. I cannot thank him enough for giving me my life back. I only wish I would have found him 14 years ago. He will be in my Daily Prayers Forever & so will his WONDERFUL staff .. I LOVE every one of them but my favorite one is the one I tapped on the shoulder the last time I was there I was there for a follow up !! <3 May God Bless him & them all with All Bounty <3

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

When I 1st saw Dr Goebel I was about to give up after 14 years of severe chronic & crippling pain that had left me bedridden. He listened very carefully and compassionately even tho I had refused to put on the gown his nurse gave me to be examined in due to the hyper intensity of my pain. He was so understanding and patient. He had me stand up & walk a few steps then put his thumb on a trigger point then ordered a “Standing X-Ray” then told me that I had Sacroiliac Joint Inflamation. He referred me to another Dr to give me steroid injections that helped for awhile but after those 14 years of wrong diagnoses and wrong treatments that did more harm than good I would need surgery which was a Minimally Invasive Sacroiliac Joint Fusion done as an outpatient surgery. SI joint pain is difficult to diagnose due to overlapping symptoms of the lumbar spine, and until recently, treatment options have been limited. I cannot thank Dr Goebel enough for giving me my life back. I only wish I would have found him 14 years ago. He will be in my Daily Prayers Forever .. may God Bless him with All Bounty Catherine Mathews Moore (on FB)

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I have suffered with back problems for approximately 25 years and been to several orthopedic surgeons. I have found that Dr. Goebel to be a very knowledgeable doctor who does not stress that surgery is the only answer to your back problems.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I agree with what the others have to say about this WC "doctor". Without looking at my xrays or measuring my legs and before an MRI, he concluded that I had one leg longer than the other and that it "contributed to (my) injury". He then prescribed a lift which increased my pain. Two therapist measured my legs and disagreed. I had a bulged disc, as the MRI would prove. After keeping me and the Case Mgr waiting for over an hour at one appointment, the Case Mgr asked if I wanted a second opinion. Of course, I did and ended up going to a real doctor who ended up really helping me. Avoid this man if you can. He's just waiting for the next tee time...

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

This Doctor primarily serves the interest of the Workman's Compensation Companies!! He is a very unsympathetic doctor who's knowledge is very questionable. If you are injured under a workman's comp claim avoid this doctor at all costs!! Despite my horrific pain, he dismissed me back to work with no limitations. After acquiring second and third opinions his own colleagues disagreed with his evaluation and recommended surgery as the best alternative to avoid further damage to my spine. He never appeared up to date with my MRI's or chart. He is not a doctor I would trust nor would I allow him to perform any surgeries on me or any of my family as he does not appear to be a fully competent doctor. Very disappointing experience!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Michael J. Goebel's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)