Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Rubin

He has been very helpful over the last several years.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Insurance & Billing Nightmare, STAY AWAY!! While medically he was okay (some short-term relief), the incompetence of his billing staff is a disaster. He has three separate offices for handling billing and checks, and no one knows what the others are doing. Though his personnel assured me that he was in-network for me, my insurance company reimbursed Rubin as out-of-network, leaving a $1000 gap! His billing office told me, "we don't care what they said, you owe us $1000". The problem was solved by my insurance company (Rubin's people were clueless and uncaring), figuring out that Rubin's billing had been done by the wrong office with the wrong codes. So now I've got 2 threatening notices from my insurance company, praying that they register the fixed payment in their system before sending their collection people after me and destroying my credit rating. The irony? I went to Ed Rubin to relieve the pain in my back; but what I've gotten for the last year is a huge pain in my butt.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013