Ratings for Dr. Jay H. SHER

I went for a simple cleaning and was told I needed a crown over a tooth that I had no trouble with previously. The crown was put in wrong and left a gap between the teeth. I must have gone back a dozen times before he agreed to redo the procedure. The 1st crown was stuck onto the tooth and I was told he had never had this happen before. He did little to comfort me during the awful procedure that I endured twice. I found the staff a bit clueless, as they slapped me with a bill after the procedure with out discussing a predetermination and cost before the procedure so I knew how much I'd be paying upfront. The doctor was arrogant and seemed overwhelmed with the idea that this procedure had gone wrong the 1st time. When I questioned him he got defensive. I would never return here again and certainly not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I am so grateful for Dr.Sher and his staff. I feel like my treatment is always personalized and explained in a way that I can understand. Very reliable which is why I have been a patient of his for years and my new husband just became a patient too!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

Years ago, it took a bad toothache for me to finally go see Dr Sher. He had been highly recommended but I had a HUGE fear of dentists because of some bad experiences and I truly had to be dragged there. At that first visit, I found out that Dr Sher takes his patients (and their fears) very seriously, and will do anything to make them feel comfortable. He can fill cavities using a water laser instead of the standard drill and will give you nitrous oxide and some extra strength novacaine. Because of the confidence I had in Dr Sher, I was able to get all of the work done that I badly needed and have had no problem keeping my teeth and gums at their healthy best.Years ago I even had Dr Sher give me porcelain veneers on my front 6 teeth to fix a gap and I still get compliments on them! Dr Sher's staff is genuinely friendly and I'm happy to see them. I guess the most convincing thing I can say about the confidence I have in Dr Sher is that I have been his patient for over EIGHTEEN years!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

He worked on three of my molars in one day which caused my bite to change and since then I've been getting strong jaw and teeth pain and pressure. Now, my jaws are unbalanced and each time he tries to fix them he grinds new good teeth. Which does not solve the main problem and consequently brings on new pains. He explained to me several times that he DOES NOT KNOW the cause on my jaw and teeth unbalance and pain. He is sweet and arrogant and does not believe that he did anything wrong. His only defense is his 36 years of experience in the field. One time he had to redo a crown that one of his office nurses pointed was not done properly. Í've been there for at least 6 times to fix these issue to no vail. Obviously, I will deter anyone from using him for other than cleaning.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012