Ratings for Dr. Stephen D'Amato

Dr. D'Amato is fantastic. He listens to your complaints and digs are far as he has to in order to make sure there is a correct diagnosis. He is not a pill pusher that just views you as another number walking thought the door. I have used him many times and I feel totally safe when he is treating me. Additionally, he has and continues to develop a new non narcotic pain management treatment that is cutting edge WORLDWIDE and he continues to focus his treatment here in Rhode Island. He is a tribute to the medical system and the Rhode Island!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

DR. DAMATO IS A VERY THOROUGH DOCTOR. HE HAS HELPED ME AND MY FAMILY WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE. WE ARE GRATEFUL TO HAVE SUCH A GOOD DR. SO CLOSE TO OUR HOME.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

My family and I have used Dr. D'Amato's urgent care center (North Providence Medical Services) for years. I have never had a negative experience there and always leave the facility knowing that I have been given a thorough exam. Dr. D'Amato is a sweetheart and always takes the time to explain his diagnoses and check the medications that he's prescribing for countraindications. I thought that this was all par for the (urgent care) course until I had the displeasure of visiting the new North Providence Urgent Care Center (a competing facility). While the competing facility had me in and out the door faster than D'Amato's facility, they read me a laundry list of infections (bronchitis, ear infections, sinusitis, and a few more) so quickly that I couldn't remember them by the time I got home. I was also prescribed a medication that has a very clear countraindication to a medication that I currently take. This would have never happened at D'Amato's place. I just wish he stayed open later!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Dr. Stephen D'Amato's Credentials

• Univ Di Padova, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Padova, Italy (Grad. 1976)

Commercial Insurance Company