Ratings for Dr. Samia W. Borchers

My two teenage children and I went to see her. She blew in and blew out for every visit (we had to come back repeatedly for suspicious mole removals). She is nice, but did not want to take the time with each of us that I would have expected. Additionally, we had to make multiple appointments for each mole to be removed, as opposed to removing 2 or 3 at the same time. She said it "raised flags" with the insurance if they did more than one. My husband is a dentist, and he does not pull one tooth at a time, if the patient needs to have multiple extractions. After submitting to insurance, we ended up having to pay for everything (we do have a high deductible), but I was shocked at what she charged for each office visit & removal. My elderly mother also saw her, & Dr. Borchers treated an area on her shin. She was so aggressive that my mother had to seek additional medical attention for the large (3 inch) deep open sore that would not heal for many, many months.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

She is excellent...no nonsense...knowledgeable and very competent

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

I have dealt with unsightly and significant psoriasis on my ears for 12 years. I saw several doctors who gave me incorrect diagnoses and non helpful medications. Despite trying to hide it, people noticed any time I pushed my hair back. Finally, I have a "cure!" One correct prescription and one psoriasis laser treatment from Dr. Borchers, and the ugly psoriasis is gone. I am so pleased! After what I've gone through trying to get rid of it, I thought for sure I'd need a lot of treatment. But, within a week of using the medication Dr. Borchers prescribed, I saw amazing results. I can't believe after 12 years I have normal, pretty skin on my ears again :) I can finally wear ponytails and earrings again and I don't have to hide my ears behind my hair. Instead of flaky and scaly, they are soft and normal and all it took was one good doctor and a simple prescription!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2010

I think she is wonderful. I went to doctors for years who made me put stinky ointments on my skin to get rid of my fungas rash and she prescribed one pill and it was gone. I haven't had it back since. She has also taken care of my husband when no one else could help his exema and my son.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

I was not impressed with her. I have gone to another dermatologist since and he was much more helpful.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

I was not that impressed either. I went to see her many years ago with systemic sclerosis (sclerderma). She said "may I see your scleroderma?". Anyone who knows anything about the disease knows its a multisystem condition, and it's not something like a rash, which you can "see". It's comparable to asking a patient with MS to please show me your multiple sclerosis. It's an inane request.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

I was not impressed by Dr. Borchers. She spent less than two mins with me and prescribed me with meds. The nurse gave me a info. to read for what my skin condition was called. Dr. didn?t even explain or even give me a chance to ask questions. I was very disappointed with her and it seemed that I was a waste of her time. Will not be back

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

She is the best! Caring, helpful, and has always helped my family with her expertise in dermatology.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2006

Kind and gentle. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2006

Dr. Samia W. Borchers's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)