Ratings for Dr. R. Douglas Barrow

As a patient off and on for 15 years, I can say that I trust Dr. Barrow completely. I haven't always lived in a location that made sense in relation to his Farmville office, but I have often made a good drive to go see him. He has been my PCP, and has treated me for several different problems. In each case, I find him polite, knowledgeable, and respectful. He doesn't oppose sending patients to a specialist when he feels they can be more helpful. He was done this for me a few times, and each time this recommendation has been perfect for my situation. If Dr. Barrow decides to retire soon, I'm very concerned about finding anyone who can come close to replacing the valuable resource he has been in my adult life.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

Great doctor! Been my primary care for years. I can always count on Dr. Barrow.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Evaluation by patient of 10 years: Very courteous and supportive. Exceptional knowledge/skill in selecting appropriate medications/drug therapies. Stresses preventive medicine in managing patient care. Above average availability. Highly organized, using technology effectively to maintain complete patient records. Prompt, written evaluation following diagnostic tests, including related advice/recommendations.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Was my primary care for years. Had to switch because of insurance :( A very good courteous doctor who listens to patients.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2006

Dr. R. Douglas Barrow's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Healthnet