Ratings for Dr. Anthony L. Gallo

As I read reviews on this provider they seem very mixed. He was very dismissive towards me and did not allow me to speak nor did he ask me questions. His ego seems to have an issue with being questioned about what he's doing and it seems to affect how he treats his patents. He diagnosed me with severe depression and PTSD and upped me on a medication I had been on for years that hadn't been helping after quickly flipping through my intake chart. When I told him it wasn't for mental health it seemed to anger him. Our appointment lasted under ten minutes. I ended up getting help elsewhere and was diagnosed with Bi Polar I. The medication has completely changed my life. It should be okay to have an open dialogue with your provider. We should all feel comfortable advocating for ourselves and Dr Gallo did not provide me with that space to do so. He was also quite rude and unprofessional. I would absolutely not reccomend.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

He not only didn't realize that I wasn't mentally ill but severely traumatized. He refused to listen to me, & kept dismissing everything that I told him. And then tried to get me to take medication that I shouldn't be taking.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

He is smart and open minded to new treatments. He is rather "matter of fact" and probably not a great doc for people with Borserline disorders but on the whole, I find him exceptional.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Unfortunately the department is dysfunctional.....they are linked by Brown University.....if you have a problem with one.........you are ousted........what is more troubling is as psychiatrist empathy would be their forte.....one psychiatrist actually belittles mental health in one of his many FB commentaries......he actually holds the family of a well known entertainer accountable for their Brothers demise.....SAD~~

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Gallo was extremely rude and did not provide me with appropriate care. He did not listen to me, but rather sent over electronic prescriptions without informing me of which drug and dosage he wanted me on. I am extremely disturbed that a psychiatrist does not care about the mental well being of his patient. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

DR. GALLO, is.helpful, sensitive, makes.you feel at home and.comfortable. He really tries to.understand your needs and.never ever rushes.you out the door. Overall.great guy.and doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Anthony L. Gallo's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Providence, RI