Ratings for Dr. John P. Chesson

I seldom leave comments or ratings but Dr. Chesson rates more than five stars in my book. He takes his time and makes me feel as if I was his only patient. Sometimes he draws pictures and explains how everything relates to every other thing. I have never seen him show any signs of a "bad attitude" or treating a patient anything less than stellar, even after being in surgery for six hours and more to go. I also checked with his staff and they do not ever remember a patient being kicked out the of practice so I hope somehow there is a misunderstanding. Two more things: He does have a sense of humor and sometimes gets behind schedule due to taking more time with his patients than the clock allows.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Dr Chesson takes the time to listen to you and to discuss your issues. I wouldn't go t

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Was taken to OR one Saturday night @ 1930 for emergency laser of large kidney stone. Found Dr. chess on and his office staff on followup agent removal to be extremely competent and polite. An excellent physician. Kathy Cox RN BSN.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

does not offer any sound advice/care options, act as if patient is a number not a person. would not ever reccommend to any one. i hv chronic bladder pain and get frequent kidney stones.not at all a fun thing to live with. changed providers and am much better off for it.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

After 8 months of him promising to find another surgeon to help me, (and didn't) I went to another office Dr, Oliver who was awesome!! Then now my son had to go see him because of kidney stones. After surgery he gave him 20 pills for 1-2 every 4-6 hours, for the stent in his kidney and bladder for 10 now not 5 days as he stated. Try to get a refill or call back... RIGHT NEVER HAPPENED!! Advice go see someone, anyone but him!!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Arrived for confirmed appt, was told that Dr. Chesson could not see me anymore because I had missed two appointments since 2008 (that's two in three years that were cancelled because of family emergencies). Even so, I was not sure the Dr. Chesson was really paying attention - because my problems have been continuing, even under his care; prescriptions and treatment had marginal effect.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. John P. Chesson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

MAMSI