Ratings for Dr. Stephanie W. Cobble

Loud, rude and alarming. Before she came into the exam room, I could hear every word she said to another patient in the next exam room (because she has such a loud voice). She lectures and treated me like a child (I am an older adult). Also she was in a hurry. I was very depressed when I left. In her favor the medicine she prescribed did help. I went to another doctor for a follow up . I never went back. Older people know we have health problems so we need kindness not lecturing.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Cobble has terrible bedside manner and is very rude. She does not explain conditions nor follow up treatments very well. I went into her office inquiring about an illness I was concerned I had and she ended up making me cry and giving me a lecture on how I need to be more positive because it's not like I had cancer and it could always be worse. I would never recommend anyone see her.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I went to see dr cobble after me and my husband had done some yard work and next morning I had a rash from neck down to my waist, she barely lifted my shirt before exclaiming I had contracted scabies, from some nasty person is how she put it, I informed her that I had been married for over twenty-years and my husband had not contracted the rash and we sleep together every night. She gave me a prescription cream that I used for a month without any prevail or relief. I started using a oatmeal bath and technu cream along with benadryl and the rash disappear. I believe the rash was allergies. But my Caucasian Doc did not want to exam the dirty black women she even made comment about me getting to close to her. I needed a inhaler for my asthma but she was so discussed with me that she never even prescribed me a inhaler after I told her I had to borrow my sister's. She was very informative about how blacks are prone to high cholesterol, one would think whites don't have this problem.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Absolutely ridiculous wait time to be seen. Going on over an hour now.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

New patient visited her Sept. 2013 and loved her she is an excellent doctor and I really appreciate her friendly and professional attitude. I would recommend her to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I saw Dr. Cobble for a lump I recently found in my left breast. She felt it for a moment, bluntly stated that I probably had cancer, and moved on to lecturing me about my smoking habit (I started smoking in the 80's and have been trying very hard to quit for the last few years). When I asked if the smoking was related to my breast cancer, she told me that 80% of cases of lung (she stressed the word "lung" and looked at me like I was an idiot for asking) cancer is caused by smoking. She ignored all of the questions I had about my breast cancer and chose, instead, to lecture me about a smoking habit I developed in my youth. She even said that there was no use smoking for weight maintenance, because I'm already so overweight it's hopeless (200 lbs at 62 y/o). I would NEVER recommend this doctor. I left the office crying not because of my diagnosis, but because of the treatment I received while in her care. No one hearing they probably have cancer should ever have to say that.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Cobble for over 7 years now, since my first son was born. She is very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful! She knows my family, asks me about how we are all doing, is very good with my kids, and makes us feel very comfortable! If a referal is needed she is very helpful. I would definately recommend her to anyone looking for a doctor they can trust!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

If you are looking for a caring, concerned physician, she is not it. Actually, the entire Harvard Family Medical Clinic left a lot to be desired, in my opinion...Everything from the waiting room, the staff, and the building. I waited for over a month to get an appointment with her, as she only accepts new patients at her own convenience and she did not seem too thrilled about it. During my visit, I was seen for a total of 5 minutes. When I, finally, did meet with this doctor, she was cold and unconcerned. I had simple conditions that required simple treatments … Rather than treating me, herself, she insisted on outsourcing my every ailment to several “specialists”. (BTW, one of which, I could understand, but, several, was ridiculous!) Thus, leaving me to think, she is either incompetent, lacked self confidence in her own profession or was in a real hurry. . I, truly, question the validity of any positive comments left on this site.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

After 3 years, I have decided it is time to find another PCP. While Dr. Cobble is personable and knowledgable, she does not spend an appropriate amount of time with her patients. Indeed, in my last annual physical exam in July 2009 she barely spent 5 minutes with me. Trying to get a same-day appointment for an urgent matter is difficult to impossible. Last year I was in excrutiating pain with, it was later revealed, a gallstone attack. I had to beg and plead with the appointment scheduler to fit me in that day. She finally called back with an appointment time two hours later. While Dr. Cobble is certainly competent and has always referred me to good specialists, I feel a PCP should be willing to spend time with patients. I also feel a patient with an urgent need should be seen that day without having to beg and plead.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

If you like being lectured this is the place to go. If you smoke, it will be the cause of every problem you have--whether or not it actually is. If you don't quit, you're unhappy with your life. My husband and I both have seen her. He is overweight and she prescribed medication because she basically stated that she didn't think he would ever lose weight. The medication put him in the hospital twice. Needless to say I'd rather him have issues that "might" kill him eventually when he's old than be in the hospital now while he's young. I was told that everything that was wrong with me was basically going to kill me. I had a skin infection...flesh eating bacteria to death, I had a cold...death, sore throat...cancer or death. Very pessimistic about everything. Of course if you can get a word in while she's yammering on about everything that's going to kill you then you are better than I am.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Stephanie W. Cobble's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

GHI