Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth S. Barnes

This was just a routine physical, but Dr Barnes noticed a scratch on my upper left arm that she thought looked infected, and prescribed an antibiotic, which made it heal right up. I take a lot of different medications, and see a lot of specialists because i have some complicated medical issues. Dr Barnes keeps track of all this stuff and it gives me a feeling of relief knowing they do such a good job, as i suffer from brain fog most of the time and fatigue, so i am not able to keep up with my own records the way i would like to, i feel good having Dr Barnes on the job !

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I continue to be impressed by this medical practice and would recommend it to others. Very helpful staff who take phone calls, and get me in for visits in a timely fashion. The staff is always very pleasant, helpful and friendly. I'm so glad I have access to this group for my medical advise. Thank you to everyone who works there.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I was thrilled to have gotten in to see Dr. Barnes on the same day of the morning that I called for an appointment! I had been experiencing radically-excruciating cramps throughout my legs and feet the night before, lasting a full thirty minutes. Dr. Barnes listened attentively and empathetically, displayed compassion and honest concern, asked me several questions, reviewed my medications and my previous blood panel, gave me a physical exam, and then suggested that I discontinue my statin. Dr. Barnes explained that people's bodies sometimes react in many different ways to statins, and perhaps the statin I was taking was responsible for the terrible painful night time leg cramp episodes I had been having over the last few years, although, just recently, the night cramps in my legs and feet had increased in frequency, intensity, and duration. (The previous night's pain was unlike anything I had experienced. On a scale of one to ten, I rated my pain to be an eleven!) Tomorrow will have been one week since I was seen by Dr. Barnes. I am grateful to report that all nighttime leg and foot cramps have completely disappeared. I am pain-free for the first time in many years. Thanks be to God, through Dr. Barnes! Thank you, Dr. Barnes!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Check-in was a breeze. Receptionist was extremely friendly . The wait is never long. Dr. Barnes is is attentive and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

The front staff was Excellent, as usual as was Tonya(sp) in bloodwork. Nurse Britney was extremely helpful before, during, and after the appointment. Dr Barnes may have saved my life in 2009 with her advice that i get a biopsy on my prostate, The Dr who performed the biopsy was impressed that Dr Barnes found it in such an early stage. After 40 days of radiation then. I remain in remission these past 8 years. I'm a grumpy retired old Navy Master Chief who hates to follow orders, but value (and heed...mostly) Dr Barnes advice. She is Fair, Firm, and Friendly. As we say in the Navy, Bravo Zulu (Well Done), Dr Barnes. Harold D. Goad

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Hi. I don't see the stars popping or changing position, so I'll just say all was well done/excellent during my exam Jan. 19, 2018. Dr. Barnes answered my questions and asked for clarification of a couple marks I'd made on the checklist, which turned out to be my errors. The nurse who drew my blood twice has a very gentle touch, and Brittany rapidly summoned me to come in that same day for a repeat blood test. Dr. Barnes' quick referral to my hemotologist resulted in his office calling me before the end of that day, a Friday, so I feel my needs are being met in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

The service was great and good experience also. Overall, a very nice .

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Firstly I had to change my appointment a few days before and was able to do that with ease. My appointment was at 2pm and, despite so many in Greensboro beautiful night sick, was seen on time. Including my visit with Dr. Barnes who was friendly and efficient as always, blood work and was out by 2:40

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Great experience. Great place and office. The doctor is smart and caring.

Submitted January 31, 2018

On my last visit, Dec 2017, I found it very easy to get an appointment. My wait time when I was there was short. The staff is always nice and cordial and my doctor, although busy, took up a good amount of time with me. The girls in the lab are nice and efficient. Overall, a very good experience.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Elizabeth S. Barnes's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)