Ratings for Dr. Henry B. Hearn

Hands down the best doctor you could ever get! He delivered my last two children, and after the nightmare of a doctor I had with my first, Dr. Hearn is a breath of fresh air. He is always kind and understanding. You can tell that he genuinely loves what he does. He listens to every concern and answers every question. I was high risk due to my first child being born very early, and I was a little paranoid throughout my second and third pregnancies. I did have a couple of real labor scares with my second that were stopped until I finally went into labor at 36 weeks and they couldn't stop it because I was 36 weeks. It was this last pregnancy that has me believing that Dr. Hearn may just be the most understanding and caring OBGYN in existence. For anyone who has never had more than 2 children, let me tell you something, number 3 brings pain like you wouldn't believe. Pregnancy is already uncomfortable, but I found out the hard way that each pregnancy is more uncomfortable than the last because each baby you have causes your joints and tendons to loosen and they never really go back fully to the way they were before you got pregnant. Therefore each pregnancy is harder than the last. Well, I was in awful pain every time I moved, my baby was not at all very active (turns out he has a low thyroid, but is otherwise 100% healthy), and I had already gone into labor prematurely with not one but two babies. I was beyond paranoid, and the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy was basically spent running back and forth to the hospital because my Braxton Hicks contractions hurt worse than the real ones I had with my last son. Dr. Hearn never once got impatient. He never treated me any different. He was very understanding, kind, and reassuring the entire time. And when I went in to be induced, I was 39 weeks, and he made a joke about me making it through the entire pregnancy. He made the entire experience a lot better. The anesthesiologist even messed up my epidural, to the point that 3 months later I now have a constant dull back ache, and yet it was still not my worst experience simply because Dr. Hearn is fantastic as a doctor. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr. Hearn has delivered both my children and he is an amazing doctor. He takes time to listen to concerns and just really seems to care about his patients. I am a nurse so I feel like I would be a tough critic as a patient but I have no complaints with Dr. Hearn. I recommend him to everyone I know looking for pregnancy care or just a GYN.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Aubrey had a miscarriage last November. Dr Hearn and his staff were very sympathetic and kind and were very supportive. Dr Hearn is a credit to all doctors. He is a healer with a big heart and a awesome human being.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Best Doc I have ever visited. Wonderful bedside manner. Kind and caring. He seemed more excited about the pregnancy my husband. He delivered my daughter and it was a great experience

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I can't believe no one else has commented yet on Dr. Hearn. I've been seeing him for 20 years. He delivered both of my children. He has always had the best bedside manner and made me feel comfortable. I am assured constantly that he is the best doc alive not only by my personal experiences with him, but other patients, his office staff and his labor and delivery staff. I have never heard an unkind word about him. I gave the wait time less stars because sometimes I have to wait up to an hour. This is usually only on his "on call" days or when he has an emergency delivery. Even so, he is still worth the wait. His knowledge and experience are priceless when it comes to your health or your unborn child's health. His staff has always been super nice and helpful as well. A+

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Henry B. Hearn's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Assurant