Ratings for Dr. Sidney J. Goldfarb

Absolute NO NO for Goldfarb. Not at all a good urosurgeon. Doesnt spend sufficient time with patients

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Hard to be polite when this arrogant and should ahve read the reviews in advance. This guy is full of himself, ordered an unnecessary biopsy! Sought other Urologist opinions and found out, not only was a biopsy not necessary, this doctor seems to have a reputation of diagnosing/billing without cause or supporting documentation. Simply telling a patient that they should have a biopsy with zero support records to prove necessary should be considered criminal medical negligence and therefore he should be brought to the authorities and called to account. This is, in short, stealing and improper medical practice. Thinking of serving a malpractice suit to stop him from doing this to others.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Goldfarb for a few years. I am now looking for a new doctor. He is never on time, his office staff never return calls and is they are at all friendly. I went to see him a few months ago, after waiting 1 hr for a 9 am appointment. I finally got in at 10 am. He never looked at my chart and says so you were here last year. I said no I was here 6 months ago. He had no idea what medications I was on and frankly could care less. He gave me a rushed exam and left me in the room without saying anything and went to another patient. He came back in 15 minutes and told me I could leave. I felt like I went there for nothing. Maybe if he scheduled his patients at 15 minute intervals he would not be so late, and if he had a nurse or assistant things might run smoothly. Do yourself a favor and don't got to him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Saw Dr. Goldfarb for followup after having been in ER and with my 4th kidney stone. Dr. G did a quick ultrasound in office, re-confirmed the stone was still in the kidney, and said to come back in 6 months if it had not passed and he would do lithotripsy. He also dismissed the renal colic I'd felt in the ER as being caused by my UTI. All he ordered was a 24 hr urine for Stone Analysis. Fortunately, I got a 2nd opinion by another urologist, who said I could certainly do lithotripsy now since I'd been through the horror of passing stones 3x already. We discussed the results of the 24 hr urine (I got my own copy from the lab), and new doc addressed nutritional issues that can influence stone formation. Dr. G never even called me about my 24 hr urine results, which I'd have expected since he ordered it. Do yourself a favor and find a new urologist.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

Saw Dr. Goldfarb every three months after he removed a tumor from my bladder. However, at that time it is also noted in my medical records that I had a very large kidney stone that I would more than likely have not been able to pass if it moved into my ureter. Dr. Goldfarb never addressed this issue over the past year and when I called him about it, his response was that his main concern was the tumor and that he would have gotten around to it. I understood that, but almost a year has passed and nothing was done about it. So my response was "would that have been before or after I had another kidney stone attack? Would definitely not refer him to anyone. Have obviously changed drs.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

This Dr. is so arrogant, and cold. He failedto even dictate a report of his findings.He has no knowledge of any other conditions you may have,and after 8 weeks of requesting a copy of his findings,not a single report.This is patient neglect. If this Dr. ttuly cared about the welfare and recovery, he would take a moment to explain.A medical doctor who has halitosis is a big turn off also. It may mean he neglects his own health.Carefully consider visiting this Doctor as you are wasting your time and money.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I saw Dr Goldfarb twice in the past couple of months. He rushed me in and out of the office both times. He obviously didn't read my chart prior to seeing me because he thought it was my first time there. During my first visit, we discussed a medical procedure I had done 8 years ago. We discussed the procedure again upon my second visit (I'm having complications as a result). He asked me when he performed the procedure...he didn't.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Overall, my experience with Dr. G was very unpleasant. He did not spend time with me to sufficiently answer my questions. I was glad that I went elsewhere to receive a second opinion.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

I disagree with many of the comments posted here. Dr. Goldfarb provided me with excellent medical care. He took time to answer all of my questions and was incredibly kind and professional. I would recommend Dr. Goldfarb to my friends and family and I trust him completely. I have been to many urologists in the past and have never come across one that possesses the medical knowledge or compassion that Dr. Goldfarb exhibits. I feel lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I was in and out of his office.He didn't care about what I had to say or my condition.He Did a 5 sec ultrasound and found nothing. I had an ultrasound done when I left his office and 4 stones were found.His nurse is very nice but he just rushed me in and out. I felt like just handing over my wallet. I was very upset because he did nothing for me and then said ,"Well I'll see you in a month."...I'm currently looking for another urologist.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Dr. Sidney J. Goldfarb's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1975)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal