Ratings for Dr. John F. Pilch

Found him hard to talk to, as if he looks down on you. Waiting time is absurd. Our time is valuable as well. One time I could hear him on a personal call, so it had nothing to do with another patient. I would drive to Mississippi to see my former doctor who moved back home. He was THE best. But MS is too far.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Don't know about helpfulness and knowledge because I am still waiting after 1.5 hours to see him- arrogance beyond arrogance in the staff!!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I went to Dr. Pilch for a couple years after moving to the area. In that time, he never listened to me. He changed my medications to new ones he got kickbacks for - causing my epilepsy to worsen significantly. His wife is the office manager and is extremely rude and she tries to get you to pay more up front than you will owe - and never reimburses you the overages. The doctor also does not see you for emergency appointments (which HE made necessary to begin with!) and shares personal information within earshot of the waiting area (causing privacy issues). I switched to a new neurologist who has fixed the damage Dr. Pilch did. Dr. Pilch also does not have privileges at any hospitals in Greenville (I now know there is probably a reason for that). I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

I have been seeing him for several visits now, and honestly I'm not 100% happy with him. If my insurance didn't need a referral I'd go see a better doctor for my migraines. He kept trying to tell me it's not his fault that my insurance denied my mri scan after I told him more than once I knew it was my insurance which they didn't try and push for it. So I still haven't had my MRI approved. I think they don't truly care about their patients or I'm sure I would be closer to figuring out what's wrong. Also, I had to explain to Dr. Pilch what kind of medicine I needed and he was on the phone with the pharmacy trying to figure out what I was even talking about. Not happy with seeing him or even driving across town to go to him. If it was my choice I'd go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

He does listen to what I have to say. When I called because of having sooo many seizures, I was told he said to just wait for my next appointment which was six months away. Having too many seizures and too weak to go to work at all and he filled out and signed a paper that said I should work a full 40 hrs per week. I tried to ask about options for getting my seizures under control and his response was 'you have seizures that's what I see you for'. You have to basically research for yourself to know what to ask him to do. (Think about it, the more you have to see him, the more money he makes.)

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I must say the doctor is wonderful. But I hear that his wife is in charge of his office and loves to collect money that isn't suppose to be collected . I have never went to a doctor where you had to pay all monies up front and was told if I owe you I will pay you back. she buds in and cuts the receptionist off while tries to talk. Good luck with keeping good help doc Bc I can see behind the window that she hard to work for. Sometimes it's best to separate your business from your personal life and leave wifey at home. I was in the waiting area and heard the young black girl trying her best to explain a money situation to a gentlemen and she (his wife) walks up says her smart remarks and walks away. Go home wife!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Pilch is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Funny and caring man but like all doctors sometimes it takes awhile to be seen.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

The receptionist is very snide both on the phone and in person. I had to leave multiple messages to get a response which then was basically "You will have to talk to him when you come in next time!"

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr .Pilch is outstanding, very kind, he takes a lot of time answering questions,extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him highly. His staff is extremely kind.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

He is very rude...which normally wouldn't bother as long as he is very good at what he does. But his treatment plans and ideas to help manage my conditions were very outdated. He gave almost no explanation and refused to listen to my concerns. He rarely even made eye contact except after an accusation of not following his treatment plans (which I was) or a condescending statement. His receptionist/office manager (his wife) is extremely rude and always has a nasty response for you. After only 2 appointments with a new and knowledgeable neurologist, my conditions are finally being appropriately managed...something Dr. Pilch wasn't able to do for me for years.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. John F. Pilch's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Greer, SC