Ratings for Dr. Jonathon S. Sillman

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!! I had the worst medical experience of my life with him. He did elective surgery on me to biopsy a nasal pharyngeal cyst. He indicated it would be a simple procedure. After the surgery I developed a low grade fever and developed pain in my head and neck He was rude and abrupt with me saying that 99.5 wasn't a fever and that the procedure could not be the cause of my pain. To make a long story short as I kept getting sicker and sicker with Dr Sillman insisting that nothing was wrong, finally my pcp wound up doing blood cultures which showed I had developed sepsis from an abscess that developed from the surgery. . I was immediately hospitalized and then spent weeks in a rehab center receiving tons of oral and intravenous antibiotics to save my life as well as contrast cat scans to look at my abscess. From these treatments and tests I developed chronic kidney disease and also a condition called patulous eustacian tube which has left me with clogged ears as well as balance and hearing loss issues. Not only was Dr Sillman rude, arrogant, and abrupt, he became irritated when i asked questions and totally dismissed my symptoms and concerns. If it wasn't for my wonderful and caring pcp I would have died. I would never recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

He is a wonderful Dr. I have been going to me for 3 yrs

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

We have been seeing Dr. Sillman for 7 years. No he is not warm and fuzzy, and yes he can be abrupt, but he has never been rude. He is a great surgeon,and we have have numerous procedures with him. He isn't a people person but then I don't want to invite him to dinner, I want him to be a doctor and give me medical advice.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr Sillman gives off the impression that you are wasting his time. He was very irritated with my 2 year old for not sitting still. He needs to improve his bedside manner. I'm not sure why he thinks it is ok to treat others so rudely.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I found Dr. Sillman to be the most unfriendly and seemingly rude doctor. He offered little to no help for the condition for which I sought assistance and he was aloof and cold in his presentation. His bedside manner is atrocious. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. Save your money and time and go to someone who actually cares.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

unlike a negative comment on this site, the doctor was kind, considerate, understanding and efficient. He got rid of my ear infecton.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

I am about three years late in writing this review. My right eye tear duct was not working for about five years. Previous surgery didn't help. Dr. Sillman did internal surgery and my tear duct has been working great for three years now. A million thank you's to Dr. Sillman! jgneil7@aol.com

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

He can be very rude at times (depending on how his previous appointments went). I have had three appointments with him in the last two years and he has been nice during two of them. The reason why he was not as pleasant in that one appointment was because when he asked a question I included information that he considered irrelevant. Plus he was also in a bad mood that day for some reason. My mother is also one of his patients and he is never very nice to her. He does not like a lot of questions and has no problem insulting a patient (or anyone else present in the exam room). Dr. Sillman does know his stuff, but his attitude makes appointments difficult. I honestly dread having to see him and suffer from nausea before and during the appointment because of my nerves. He does not make me feel comfortable and speaks in a very dry, uninterested monotone manner which makes me question everything that comes out of my mouth. I do not recommend this doctor simply because of his bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

My 19yr old daughter was hospitalized at UMASS Med Center in Worcester and sent immediately upon discharge to see Dr. Sillman. She was in great pain having suffered a ruptured ear drum and mastoiditis. Dr Sillman was rude upon entering the room and yelled at us saying there was nothing wrong except an ear infection and he had no idea why she was everr admitted. Then he proceded to drop the chair down and back without so much as an explanation of procedure and proceeded to flush my daughters bad ear which was bleeding and red and when she jumped as anyone would he actually yelled at her to hold still. He then turned her head by her infected ear very roughly. My son was sitting on a stool nearby and he said point blank "give me the chair". We abruptly left his office and my daughter who was so sick began to sob and vomit. He did nothing and he has the bedside manners of a rabid pitbull....would not recomened him to anyone who values their health.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Dr. Jonathon S. Sillman's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Amerigroup