Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam

Dr. Moghadam is an exceptional RE, he is knowledgeable, thorough, and extremely dedicated to his patients. After multiple miscarriages, he helped us conceive our daughter and we will be forever grateful to him for that.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

AFI provides extremely detailed, personalized care! I switched to Austin Fertility Institute from Texas Fertility Clinic. I found Dr. Moghadam at AFI to be more detailed and thorough in his approach on our specific fertility issues and needs. We had multiple tries and each time Dr. M used what he learned to get us closer to our goals. He takes time to review the data with you before making decisions. A few specifics I really appreciated about AFI: 1) The communication between staff is excellent; they are in sync with each other and across AFI, the Surgery Center, and the Embryologists; 2) The team was very patient with my questions and needs – Jaime and Amy are great RNs and were always willing to answer every question; Jessica, Michelle, Alayna, and Nicole were extremely understanding, helpful and on top of their game 3) Dr. M will get to know you and your history. There was no question I asked that he had not already thought through. If you spoke to Dr. M years from now he would still be able to recite my specific fertility journey in detail from memory. And I was always able to speak to him same day. Sometimes he even personally called with my Lab Results! He runs a tight ship and it shows with how great everyone works together. Be prepared for crazy long waits in the waiting room. For us it was all worth it – our little man is due in April!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

It has honestly taken me some time to be able to formulate the words to describe how appreciative we are of Dr. Moghadam and his entire staff. We first started our journey with him about 2 1/2 years ago. From the very beginning we felt like he was the best fit for our process. We have deeply valued everything from his patient care, his level of connection with us, his office personnel, and his nurses. I can't imagine having gone through this difficult journey with anyone else by our side. We are now almost 17 weeks pregnant and are so very thankful for Austin Fertility Institute and their support. Thank you so much and we cannot wait to work with them again in the future!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

We’d spent a year working with another fertility doctor in Austin- many procedures, including a failed IVF cycle. Not even one positive pregnancy test. We were at the end of our patience and our bank account! Our doctor said it was time to turn to a donor egg. Our desire for a child outweighed the desire to keep my genetics in the picture so we began down the donor path. And then a friend recommended we seek a second opinion. My loyalty to our doctor at the time made me hesitant, but my friend was persistent, we should see Dr. Moghadon with Austin Fertility Institute. We met with Dr. Moghadam for a consultation and there was an instant chemistry. He reviewed our records and confidently told my husband and I that he disagreed that it was time to abandon efforts of conceiving with our own genetics in tow. He was easy to understand, honest and personable. He outlined a simple plan for us and was ready to get started right away! His confidence renewed our hope and we left feeling positive about fertility treatment for the first time since the beginning of our journey. First try with Dr. Moghadam and we are pregnant!!! His personal attention and care made all the difference. Each time I entered his practice, I was greeted by a welcoming, knowledgeable, caring staff. The nurses were always easy to reach with my random questions and I was never left feeling like I did not know what was going on or what I needed to do. There are no words to express our gratitude to Dr. Moghadam and everyone who works with him at Austin Fertility Institute for the personal care that led us to this phenomenal outcome!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Complete Satisfaction! Our experience had been quite difficult, after two years of trying to get pregnant and a full year of treatment with other reproductive specialist, with whom we had 4 IUI already. We decided to look for a different doctor. We were interested in someone who could give us more time and to pay closer attention to our case. We found in doctor Moghadam, a knowledgable person, highly experienced and closely involved in his patients cases. During each appointment, he made us feel heard and he explain us in deep level of detail the procedures. He also answered our questions, no matter how simple or complicated they were. He kept always many options for us that were related to our desires. After 6 months of trying one more IUI, we achieved finally the pregnancy with an IVF cycle. We are currently on week 21st of it and all looks to be in order. The Austin Fertility Institute, doctor Moghadam and all his staff were always committed to provide the best of them during this complicated process and they turned it into a positive, highly recommendable experience. Lupita y Aaron Español: Nuestra experiencia había sido difícil, después de dos años de intentar embarazarnos y un año en tratamientos con otro especialista (y 4 IUI). Decidimos cambiar de medico, para encontrar a alguien que nos brindara mas tiempo y mejor atención. Encontramos con el doctor Moghadam, a una persona con un amplio conocimiento, experiencia y con un alto nivel de involucramiento. Durante las consultas, nos hizo sentir escuchados y nos explico con detalle los procedimientos y respondió todas las preguntas, sin importar lo simples o complejas que fueran, nos propuso opciones muy viables altamente relacionadas con nuestro caso. Después de 6 meses, logramos un embarazo mediante IVF, habiendo intentado un IUI extra. Actualmente, estamos en nuestra semana 21 del embarazo y todo parece ir en orden. Austin Fertility Institute, el doctor Moghadam y todo su staff hicieron siempre su mejor esfuerzo para hacer de este complicado proceso, una experiencia positiva y altamente recomendable. Lupita y Aaron

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

I cannot imagine having a doctor or clinic that is as caring and knowledgeable as this one! Despite being a very popular doctor, Dr. M and the nursing/reception staff always took the time to answer my questions and try to make me feel at ease! The wait is worth it! From the many exams, to the consultations, and surgeries, I was treated with respect and given the upmost care! The fact that Dr. M would not only sit across from me in his own office and answer my/our questions but also perform most of the exams himself, showed us that he genuinely cared about his patients, as well as getting the best results. From the start, Dr. M was honest and gave us his best opinion about our situation. Now we are pregnant with twins and can't wait to share this with all of the wonderful staff at Austin Fertility Institute. Even if I had not had a successful pregnancy at this clinic, I would still give it just as high of a rating!! I felt much less like a number and more like a patient that was cared for here! I cannot say enough good things about this clinic, which is one reason it has taken me so long to write a review. I could go on and on with nothing but positive remarks; so, if you are considering which fertility clinic to start at, DO please give this one a try first! :-)

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Having been to multiple fertility doctors, I can say that Dr. Moghadam and his team truly provide exceptional service. We had no difficulties conceiving our first child, born when I was 36, but were unable to have another on our own after years of trying. Our first fertility doctor recommended IUI--we tried 6 cycles with no luck. After ceasing treatment I got pregnant at 41, but then miscarried at 6 weeks. Later, we tried a larger fertility clinic--the doctor was ready to start IVF but we did not move forward with the treatment, as we felt rushed and were not prepared to begin IVF. I again got pregnant, but it was biochemical and did not progress long at all. Afterwards, we decided to start Iva Keene's fertility coaching program, and made some major dietary changes like cutting out wheat and dairy, as well as beginning her recommended supplements. By this point I had read Dr. Moghadam's favorable reviews, and we decided to give things one last try, certain that we would need to take out loans for IVF. Dr. Moghadam listened to our history and surprised us when he said he did not think IVF would be the best course of treatment for us, as we had managed to get pregnant on our own. He suspected that at my age (42) the issue was egg quality, and recommended Follistim to stimulate multiple eggs in the ovulatory cycle, to increase the odds of a viable pregnancy. We did not start the treatment at the next possible cycle, as we were dealing with the loss of a family member, but when I returned to follow up he did not pressure us at all. We ordered the fertility drugs and while I responded well to the Follistim, we had a negative pregnancy test on our first try. Even though I had dealt with years of not being able to conceive and thought myself prepared to handle the disappointment, I was moved by the personal call from Dr. Moghadam, offering a compassionate and sensitive ear as he talked us through the next step. The next cycle I had ovarian cysts (a complication from the previous month's treatment) and so could not use the medicine. The next month--success! We had a positive pregnancy test, with my HCG rising to promising levels. We "graduated"from Dr. Moghdam's office after the Panorama test showed a low-risk pregnancy. Why did we like Dr. Moghadam so much? For starters, he recommended a different course of treatment from previous doctors, and he got us results. But there were so many other reasons--we loved the feel of the office from our initial visit, from the soothing waiting room to the comfortable ambiance of a smaller practice, this office felt different, and we felt we were truly getting personalized care from him and his amazing staff. When my job presented schedule complications, they always worked with my schedule to get me in. (Some have commented on wait times--a few times I did have to wait, but considering the level of care he gives his patients the occasional wait is well worth it.) And as I said earlier, Dr. Moghadam was never high-pressure with us. He listened to my concerns and was always respectful--for instance, while he did not think the supplements I was taking would have a big factor on fertility, he respected that I wanted to take them (as he of course did not deem them harmful). As evidence of his dedication, he gives patients his personal line for after-hours questions, and was helpful and reassuring the few times I needed to contact him outside of business hours. Overall, I just felt so cared for and supported by him and his fabulous staff on all visits. I've truly never experienced that level of care from any other provider; we are certainly grateful to have found them, and as I am almost 34 weeks, we are thrilled to soon meet our sweet baby girl.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I have never experienced any Western medical practice that has been as warm, helpful, and professional across the board as AFI. The staff works tirelessly and is a one of a kind gem in the field of medicine. I’ve been postponing writing this review because I feel there is nothing I can say to truly convey the overwhelming gratitude and respect I have for Dr. Moghadam, the expert nurses, and incredible staff at AFI. They are like family and hold a special place in my heart. Dr. Moghadam is a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and talented doctor. He is generous and kind, and when you are with him you will feel like you are his only patient. I never felt rushed, and I grew to respect any long wait times because I knew someone else was receiving excellent care. I was a patient for a couple of years (took many months off, in and out of treatment), and I considered several different treatment options during that time. I was 41 when I started going to AFI, and 43 when I got pregnant through IUI with my own eggs. I’m almost 5 months and due in July. Dr. Moghadam never led me to believe my chances were higher than there were, and they were not high. He talked me through several consultations and was understanding of my need to have things explained multiple times in various ways until I felt complete and satisfied with my decision to continue to pursue IUI. I am so grateful for his frankness, kindness, and willingness to sit with me and spend the time I needed to feel good about my decision. I’m afraid the outcome would have been different for me without having had this experience to come to some acceptance of my situation. His communication was informative of all avenues I could pursue without being pressuring. I had visited another local RE, large and prominent practice in the city for a consultation, who attempted to sway me toward donor eggs immediately. I felt it was a one treatment fits all for women in their 40’s at that practice. On the flipside, Dr. Moghadam was honest about my chances, but he still approached me as an individual and not a statistic. AFI is not a one treatment fits all type of practice. You are selling yourself short if you do not at least make a consultation with Dr. Moghadam. The fertility journey is difficult, and you deserve to be treated respectfully as a person during this time not as a number. The staff was immensely supportive of me, helping ease the emotional pain of such a difficult journey. I cannot express how integral Becky was to my journey. She is also incredibly knowledgeable and experienced in the field of fertility and spent a great amount of time detailing information for me—patiently. Her expertise, patience, love, and care were a supportive rock for me when I was in a difficult space emotionally. I am very grateful she was a part of this practice. The journey would not have been the same without her thoughtful encouragement and warm guidance. Jessica was always so calm even when I would call with some ridiculous scheduling dilemma or seeming crisis. It can be rare in a medical office to have the person who greets you, answers your calls, and takes your payment to be consistently lovely. I didn’t spend as much time with Jamie, but she was always very friendly and professional. I felt quite comfortable and confident I was in good hands with her. Lisa and Nicole were always gracious and easy to talk to, and they both helped make a stressful time more peaceful. What a gift we have in this city. I can’t thank you all enough! In gratitude and blessings - Kay B.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

We are so grateful for Dr Moghadam and his staff. This is my second pregnancy with AFI. I was a little anxious to do a FET! After talking for a long time with Dr Moghadam we decided to move forward with it. He knew i was a little nervous with the hormones but he made sure i was comfortable with the protocol and all the medications, he also worked with our schedules and having my husband traveling out of town during the process. He answered my 1000 questions at every visit. He is very polite and has good bedside manner. Jamie, Lisa, Nicole and Jessica were all very professional and sweet. They all made sure this process went as smoothly as it could and i appreciate it. Without Dr Moghadam and his staff we wouldn't have a complete family.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with the excellent care we received at Austin Fertility Institute. Struggling to conceive is not an easy journey, but Dr. Moghadam and his staff helped guide and reassure us throughout the entire process. Dr. Moghadam is exceptionally knowledgable and personable, and is so devoted to his patients that he hands out his cell. phone number (and answers at all hours!). I'm certain you won't receive that level of care at just any practice. He is also very confident in his work while remaining realistic with expectations. I never once felt as though I was being misled or placated. Whenever I got anxious about something (often!), Dr. Moghadam was reassuring and took his time, patiently answering my many questions. Thanks, Doc! We also got to know all the ladies at the practice (shout-out to Jamie, Lisa, Becky, Nicole, & Jessica!). We couldn't be more grateful for the personal care that we received. We were truly made to feel like family and were always treated with the utmost care and respect, and never felt like we were just a number. And finally, thank you to Henry and JoJo, the extraordinarily talented embryologists who nurtured our precious cargo for their first five days of life. It's bittersweet to be graduating back to my regular ob, because we love everyone at AFI so much, but are absolutely thrilled that they did their jobs so well that we're expecting in August! We are so grateful to Dr. Moghadam, and the entire staff at Austin Fertility Institute, and would highly recommend them to anyone struggling with infertility.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Moghadam is the Medical Director and founder of the Austin Fertility Institute. He is an experienced reproductive medicine specialist, with board certification in both obstetrics/gynecology and reproductive endocrinology/infertility. Dr. Moghadam grew up in the Chicago area, and obtained his undergraduate degree from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL. Upon graduation from the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA, he returned to the Midwest, completing his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Indiana University. He then obtained accredited subspecialty fellowship training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University of Cincinnati. Despite a diversity of activities and interests, Dr. Moghadam derives his greatest satisfaction from applying his background and experience to the compassionate care of his patients. He is an avid sports enthusiast, tennis player, and enjoys the Austin music scene. He and his wife Tammy have been married since 1995 and have four sons.

• English
  • Persian

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1998)

• Female infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Genetic testing
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Endometriosis