Ratings for Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam

I cannot imagine having a doctor or clinic that is as caring and knowledgeable as this one! Despite being a very popular doctor, Dr. M and the nursing/reception staff always took the time to answer my questions and try to make me feel at ease! The wait is worth it! From the many exams, to the consultations, and surgeries, I was treated with respect and given the upmost care! The fact that Dr. M would not only sit across from me in his own office and answer my/our questions but also perform most of the exams himself, showed us that he genuinely cared about his patients, as well as getting the best results. From the start, Dr. M was honest and gave us his best opinion about our situation. Now we are pregnant with twins and can't wait to share this with all of the wonderful staff at Austin Fertility Institute. Even if I had not had a successful pregnancy at this clinic, I would still give it just as high of a rating!! I felt much less like a number and more like a patient that was cared for here! I cannot say enough good things about this clinic, which is one reason it has taken me so long to write a review. I could go on and on with nothing but positive remarks; so, if you are considering which fertility clinic to start at, DO please give this one a try first! :-)

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Having been to multiple fertility doctors, I can say that Dr. Moghadam and his team truly provide exceptional service. We had no difficulties conceiving our first child, born when I was 36, but were unable to have another on our own after years of trying. Our first fertility doctor recommended IUI--we tried 6 cycles with no luck. After ceasing treatment I got pregnant at 41, but then miscarried at 6 weeks. Later, we tried a larger fertility clinic--the doctor was ready to start IVF but we did not move forward with the treatment, as we felt rushed and were not prepared to begin IVF. I again got pregnant, but it was biochemical and did not progress long at all. Afterwards, we decided to start Iva Keene's fertility coaching program, and made some major dietary changes like cutting out wheat and dairy, as well as beginning her recommended supplements. By this point I had read Dr. Moghadam's favorable reviews, and we decided to give things one last try, certain that we would need to take out loans for IVF. Dr. Moghadam listened to our history and surprised us when he said he did not think IVF would be the best course of treatment for us, as we had managed to get pregnant on our own. He suspected that at my age (42) the issue was egg quality, and recommended Follistim to stimulate multiple eggs in the ovulatory cycle, to increase the odds of a viable pregnancy. We did not start the treatment at the next possible cycle, as we were dealing with the loss of a family member, but when I returned to follow up he did not pressure us at all. We ordered the fertility drugs and while I responded well to the Follistim, we had a negative pregnancy test on our first try. Even though I had dealt with years of not being able to conceive and thought myself prepared to handle the disappointment, I was moved by the personal call from Dr. Moghadam, offering a compassionate and sensitive ear as he talked us through the next step. The next cycle I had ovarian cysts (a complication from the previous month's treatment) and so could not use the medicine. The next month--success! We had a positive pregnancy test, with my HCG rising to promising levels. We "graduated"from Dr. Moghdam's office after the Panorama test showed a low-risk pregnancy. Why did we like Dr. Moghadam so much? For starters, he recommended a different course of treatment from previous doctors, and he got us results. But there were so many other reasons--we loved the feel of the office from our initial visit, from the soothing waiting room to the comfortable ambiance of a smaller practice, this office felt different, and we felt we were truly getting personalized care from him and his amazing staff. When my job presented schedule complications, they always worked with my schedule to get me in. (Some have commented on wait times--a few times I did have to wait, but considering the level of care he gives his patients the occasional wait is well worth it.) And as I said earlier, Dr. Moghadam was never high-pressure with us. He listened to my concerns and was always respectful--for instance, while he did not think the supplements I was taking would have a big factor on fertility, he respected that I wanted to take them (as he of course did not deem them harmful). As evidence of his dedication, he gives patients his personal line for after-hours questions, and was helpful and reassuring the few times I needed to contact him outside of business hours. Overall, I just felt so cared for and supported by him and his fabulous staff on all visits. I've truly never experienced that level of care from any other provider; we are certainly grateful to have found them, and as I am almost 34 weeks, we are thrilled to soon meet our sweet baby girl.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I have never experienced any Western medical practice that has been as warm, helpful, and professional across the board as AFI. The staff works tirelessly and is a one of a kind gem in the field of medicine. I’ve been postponing writing this review because I feel there is nothing I can say to truly convey the overwhelming gratitude and respect I have for Dr. Moghadam, the expert nurses, and incredible staff at AFI. They are like family and hold a special place in my heart. Dr. Moghadam is a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and talented doctor. He is generous and kind, and when you are with him you will feel like you are his only patient. I never felt rushed, and I grew to respect any long wait times because I knew someone else was receiving excellent care. I was a patient for a couple of years (took many months off, in and out of treatment), and I considered several different treatment options during that time. I was 41 when I started going to AFI, and 43 when I got pregnant through IUI with my own eggs. I’m almost 5 months and due in July. Dr. Moghadam never led me to believe my chances were higher than there were, and they were not high. He talked me through several consultations and was understanding of my need to have things explained multiple times in various ways until I felt complete and satisfied with my decision to continue to pursue IUI. I am so grateful for his frankness, kindness, and willingness to sit with me and spend the time I needed to feel good about my decision. I’m afraid the outcome would have been different for me without having had this experience to come to some acceptance of my situation. His communication was informative of all avenues I could pursue without being pressuring. I had visited another local RE, large and prominent practice in the city for a consultation, who attempted to sway me toward donor eggs immediately. I felt it was a one treatment fits all for women in their 40’s at that practice. On the flipside, Dr. Moghadam was honest about my chances, but he still approached me as an individual and not a statistic. AFI is not a one treatment fits all type of practice. You are selling yourself short if you do not at least make a consultation with Dr. Moghadam. The fertility journey is difficult, and you deserve to be treated respectfully as a person during this time not as a number. The staff was immensely supportive of me, helping ease the emotional pain of such a difficult journey. I cannot express how integral Becky was to my journey. She is also incredibly knowledgeable and experienced in the field of fertility and spent a great amount of time detailing information for me—patiently. Her expertise, patience, love, and care were a supportive rock for me when I was in a difficult space emotionally. I am very grateful she was a part of this practice. The journey would not have been the same without her thoughtful encouragement and warm guidance. Jessica was always so calm even when I would call with some ridiculous scheduling dilemma or seeming crisis. It can be rare in a medical office to have the person who greets you, answers your calls, and takes your payment to be consistently lovely. I didn’t spend as much time with Jamie, but she was always very friendly and professional. I felt quite comfortable and confident I was in good hands with her. Lisa and Nicole were always gracious and easy to talk to, and they both helped make a stressful time more peaceful. What a gift we have in this city. I can’t thank you all enough! In gratitude and blessings - Kay B.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

We are so grateful for Dr Moghadam and his staff. This is my second pregnancy with AFI. I was a little anxious to do a FET! After talking for a long time with Dr Moghadam we decided to move forward with it. He knew i was a little nervous with the hormones but he made sure i was comfortable with the protocol and all the medications, he also worked with our schedules and having my husband traveling out of town during the process. He answered my 1000 questions at every visit. He is very polite and has good bedside manner. Jamie, Lisa, Nicole and Jessica were all very professional and sweet. They all made sure this process went as smoothly as it could and i appreciate it. Without Dr Moghadam and his staff we wouldn't have a complete family.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with the excellent care we received at Austin Fertility Institute. Struggling to conceive is not an easy journey, but Dr. Moghadam and his staff helped guide and reassure us throughout the entire process. Dr. Moghadam is exceptionally knowledgable and personable, and is so devoted to his patients that he hands out his cell. phone number (and answers at all hours!). I'm certain you won't receive that level of care at just any practice. He is also very confident in his work while remaining realistic with expectations. I never once felt as though I was being misled or placated. Whenever I got anxious about something (often!), Dr. Moghadam was reassuring and took his time, patiently answering my many questions. Thanks, Doc! We also got to know all the ladies at the practice (shout-out to Jamie, Lisa, Becky, Nicole, & Jessica!). We couldn't be more grateful for the personal care that we received. We were truly made to feel like family and were always treated with the utmost care and respect, and never felt like we were just a number. And finally, thank you to Henry and JoJo, the extraordinarily talented embryologists who nurtured our precious cargo for their first five days of life. It's bittersweet to be graduating back to my regular ob, because we love everyone at AFI so much, but are absolutely thrilled that they did their jobs so well that we're expecting in August! We are so grateful to Dr. Moghadam, and the entire staff at Austin Fertility Institute, and would highly recommend them to anyone struggling with infertility.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

They way i heard about AFI was trough a facebook add, at first i had some doubts about it but i figured i should give it a try and i will never regret taking that decision. Dr.M makes sure we understand the process we are about to go under and clarifies each of our questions. AFI staff is wonderful and patient, i 100% recommend Austin Fertility Institute. Whatever you spend there(time ,money, ect.) Its worth it. Cant be thankful enough.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Choosing Dr. Moghadam as my IVF treatment doctor is the best decision ever. Let me share my story with you. I did my first IVF treatment in another clinic 2 years ago. I had three blastocysts at the end and the doctor transferred all of them at once for the success rate. I was pregnant with twins but lost them due to the incompetent cervix at 23 weeks. Because I did not have any frozen embryos left, I had to start another round of IVF again. After some research with my husband, we decided to give AFI a shot. At our first consulting with Dr. M, I really built my confidence for my next pregnancy. Dr. M is very patient and knowledgeable and does not rush us to make any decision. I am a PCOS patient with complex medical history. Dr. M made a special protocol just for my case. At the beginning of the treatment, my body could not respond to the stimulus medicine very well. I thought I had to cancel this cycle. But Dr. M did not give up. He kept a close eye on me every the other day to adjust the dose. Finally, all the eggs grew up. The rest of treatment process went very well. And due to Dr. M’s excellent skills, all of the 23 eggs were retrieved. Dr. Chen in the lab was very knowledgeable as well. He explained a lot of technical terms to us when we called and told us how each embryo developed. Eventually we had 13 out of 23 became blasted at day 5. When we discussed with Dr. M how many embryos to be transferred, I thought two of them might be safe to have more successful rate. But Dr. M insisted only one should be transferred due to my previous medical history. He would rather sacrifice his clinic success rate instead of letting me to take any risk of having another twin pregnancy. I really appreciate his decision and it turns out to be a good one since I was pregnant even with single embryo transfer. He cares about patient health more than the success rate. All the staff in the clinic were very kind and helpful as well. Especially Lisa, who is the most patient and responsible nurse I have ever met. Every time she returned my call within half an hour after I left my message. And she will also call me and ask for my conditions from time to time even I do not schedule anything. Becky, Jamie and Jessica are all very sweet. You will feel like to be friends with them instead of patient. I am now 11 weeks of pregnant. So I have to graduate from Dr. M and to be released to my OB. I hate leaving this wonderful clinic. If Dr. M can deliver baby, I will definitely choose him to be my OB. Just saying thank you can not express our gratitude to Dr. M and all his staff. We will go back when we are ready for our next baby since we still have 12 embryos being taken care of very well in the lab. We really appreciate Dr. M to fulfil our dream. We could not be parents without his help. He made this tough journey to be much easier and joyful. Choosing him will be the best decision and he will never let you down.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Great dr , he know what he is doing and what he is talking about . He broke all medical terminology down for my husband and I to understand every step and also gave us options. Nice clean office and the staff is AWESOME !

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I was referred to Dr. M after almost 2 years of trying to get pregnant and several unsuccessful IUIs with my OB/GYN. As a health care professional in my mid-thirties with no children yet, it would not be far-fetched to say that I knew enough about my odds/timeline to feel desperate if not hopeless about getting pregnant. First and foremost, Dr. M is a good if not great listener--I found this to be impressive given the number of patients he sees on a daily basis. Once he understands your goals, he is exceptional at outlining a handwritten (yes, in writing you can read) plan that leaves you with choices where available and simplifies your next steps. My husband and I were ready to do IVF, but the timing made it easier to try one more IUI cycle and he felt optimistic about our odds with the change in my protocol. So, as the story goes, first cycle worked--I felt like I blinked and I am back with my OB well into my second trimester! I can tell you we had choices because there are other good doctors in town. All I can say is that if you want the best pairing of a caring, available and intelligent doctor, team (who are awesome, BTW!) you should go to AFI first. That's what I did, and I know I will if I need help again in a couple of years.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Rude to staff, God complex, insensitive, pushy, and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Kenneth K. Moghadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Moghadam is the Medical Director and founder of the Austin Fertility Institute. He is an experienced reproductive medicine specialist, with board certification in both obstetrics/gynecology and reproductive endocrinology/infertility. Dr. Moghadam grew up in the Chicago area, and obtained his undergraduate degree from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL. Upon graduation from the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA, he returned to the Midwest, completing his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Indiana University. He then obtained accredited subspecialty fellowship training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University of Cincinnati. Despite a diversity of activities and interests, Dr. Moghadam derives his greatest satisfaction from applying his background and experience to the compassionate care of his patients. He is an avid sports enthusiast, tennis player, and enjoys the Austin music scene. He and his wife Tammy have been married since 1995 and have four sons.

• English
  • Persian

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1998)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union