Ratings for Dr. Ellen M. Whitaker

Ellen Whitaker should not be practicing medicine! She is clueless regarding anything pertaining to fibroids or any gynecological matters. She has ZERO personality and, she is obviously a miserable individual. She is supreme on giving people the cold shoulder. My first appointment with her, she had to do an initial consultation. Next thing I knew, she instructed some male nurse to enter the room and gather the information. At first, I thought this guy may have entered the wrong room. This was Ellen's doing. Trying to cut corners and do far less than what is required of her. She is a FRAUD practicing medicine. Please beware! The four or five star reviews are all from her and her friends. Don't make the mistake many others did.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Today, I had a full GYN exam appt with Dr. Ellen Whitaker, she did her job, but she does need to work on her bedside manner. I told her that I did yoga and she called that hocus pocus. She leans more towards athletic. When I told her my employment vs educational background, she stated I was "...creature." Because I am a positive person, I do try to see the silver lining in everything even when I could take something in offense, (as society tells us) she told me, she didn't mean her statement as a compliment, but more like an observation. Initially, she stated that she likes to hear folks' stories, but when you do so, it might be best to state responses that would not be deemed offensive/insulting. Would I return to her? No. For me, the most important thing when dealing with any healthcare professional is, how does this person make me feel? To call yoga, something I practice, hocus pocus, is insulting and offensive. And just being called....creature, it's doesn't make me feel good. I, like most people in the professional world, I know how to fake it until I become it. But at the end of the day, I always know what is real vs. unreal. Feeling is the most important thing to me. Pro- Appt was 11:30, got there 11:15. I was sitting in the exam room by 11:47, I was out the door by 12:10 pm. I had my blood work done right then and there. She did the full GYN exam. Quick and simple.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. Whitaker is a wonderful, knowledgeable OB/GYN. She listened to my concerns and took action when other doctors allowed me to suffer for so many years. Dr. Whitaker gave me her email address and a number to call her directly. She always calls me back when I leave her message. I appreciate her and I have referred several others to her. She will always be my doctor.Thank you Dr. Whitaker!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Dr. Ellen M. Whitaker who works at the Washington Hospital Center in suite 4700 in the North Tower is the worst Ob/GYN I've been to. She was very dismissive and rude about my concerns saying I'm just overthinking or analyzing the situation. Even if I am overthinking the situation you have a job to answer the patient's concerns, no matter what you personally think. Handing me a pregnancy test and making me do the test at home because you had to go on your lunch break is cold and harsh. Do you not have a heart? I don't care that you're overworked or hungry. You should have your scheduler do a better job at scheduling your appointments. I was very disappointed and hurt by Dr. Ellen Whitaker's behavior and her being so rushed to get me out the door.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Doctor Whitaker was excellent she was tact on time made me comfortable and checked on me I love her

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Hands down best doctor I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of them. She has saved me from hysterectomy with a much easier procedure and she moved fast to help me. I actually got nervous from all the attention,I thought hmmm....why isn't she busier? Does she have any other patients?? But she does,this is just how good she treats everyone. Don't be surprised when she gives you her direct phone number and email address - and actually answers! She's definitely my go to person for anything gynecologic from here on out. I've been fearful of doctors and surgery my whole life and I trust her implicitly.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Whitaker is very professional, good, listens and provides good advice. She always returns calls promptly and answers all questions adequately.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

The only doctor I have who consistently is on time and very efficient. Personable, no-nonsense, highly competent. I recommend her strongly.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr Whitaker is extremely knowledgable and I trust her to be honest and forthright with her care.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Whitaker is an extremely knowledgeable doctor I have had for over 20 years.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. Ellen M. Whitaker's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1986)