Ratings for Dr. Jamie C. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell was very professional and knowledgeable which make me feel comfortable before surgery. Everything was exactly like the App says! 1 week after surgery and I’m feeling great! Thanks all!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2019

Thanks for following up after the operation and 24 hours later I am pretty well back to normal with just a slight sore throat

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

Dr. Mitchell and Norman Parathyroid Center were amazing. My surgery was April 2019 and Dr. Mitchell was professional and caring. Quick removal of tumor. Minor incision. Rapid recovery. Bone pain gone. Energy level up. Feeling really good - wish it cured arthritis too. Go Hoyas!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2019

Dr. Mitchell’s with me and my husband in the Wesley Chapel office prior to scheduling my surgery. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable about my diagnosis. Dr. Mitchell was my surgeon for my parathyroid surgery. Everything went well and he called the evening after my surgery. My children thought we were talking to a friend, not my surgeon. He answered our questions that evening and there were no surprises. I am on the mend now, thanks to Dr. Mitchell and the Norman Parathyroid Center for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2019

Dr. Jamie Mitchell was a very professional doctor that took real good care of my mom during her experience at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Everyone was so careful and professional during the stay there in Tampa.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

Dr. Mitchell removed my parathyroid adenoma in February 2019, and I am so glad he did. Within two weeks I already felt better. Dr. Mitchell is both professional and personable and his relaxed confidence is absolutely contagious. This was my first surgery ever, and he and the Norman Center staff made me feel that this was just another day in the park -- but a park in the Florida sunshine, with palm trees and a great view of Tampa Bay! My positive experience began with a telephone call from Dr. Mitchell before my surgery was scheduled. I expressed a concern -- probably entirely unnecessarily -- regarding my thyroid nodules. He assured me and I thought little more about it. But when I was talking with the nurse the day of my surgery, I decided to mention it to her. She picked up my medical chart and showed me -- right across the front cover Dr. Mitchell had written my expressed desire about dealing with the nodules -- so no one could possibly miss it! That's a level of responsiveness to a patient's concern that I would never expect -- perhaps especially from an expert surgeon with a world-class resume like Dr. Mitchell's. Did I mention that he also invited me to call his cell phone any time if I had any questions? I was pleasantly surprised, on the day of surgery, to learn that Dr. Mitchell would be my surgeon. (I don't know if that was coincidence or another example of the Norman Center's patient-centric thoughtful planning.) I still laugh when I recall the pleasant, relaxed conversation my husband and I were having with Dr. Mitchell while he sat in a chair in my room. After discussing cities we'd all lived in, and his suggestions for local restaurants, he casually said something like, "What do you think? Should we go do this?" and off I went to surgery, practically laughing out loud at his great attitude! When he called me at my hotel that night to see how I was doing (another Norman Center routine) I was able to tell him, in all sincerity, that my husband and I truly regretted that we would have no reason to see him again. He agreed that being so quickly cured -- as my lab numbers showed!-- was good news for his patients but it meant he didn't get to see them again. There's one other thing I should mention. My late mother was diagnosed as hyperparathyroid in 1995 and nothing was done. Around 2003 she had a serious hypercalcemic crisis and was admitted to a hospital unaware of her prior diagnosis. After a week there, I took her to a major teaching hospital, where a fine endocrinologist immediately suspected a parathyroid adenoma. She had surgery with a well-regarded endocrine surgeon. Her surgery took more than five hours and kept her in the hospital for four days, during which she suffered a severely painful sore throat and husky voice. By contrast, in 2019, my surgery in Tampa took about 27 minutes, and I was out of the hospital and in the Florida sunshine 90 minutes later. My throat hurt only just enough to justify eating ice cream! Kudos to Dr. Mitchell and his Norman Center colleagues for transforming parathyroid surgery. They really do put their patients first.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2019

Dr. Mitchell was very professional and knowledgeable which help alleviate my fears prior and after surgery. His surgery improved my quality of life by taking away bone pain I had had for more than 20 years. Thank you Dr. Mitchell!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

Thank you for curing my disease that I had for 10 years. When the other doctors in Los Angeles kept telling me it was a symptomatic and all I needed to do was take high doses of vitamin D. After my negative scan no one could or would help figure out what it was. That is when I found you and the Norman parathyroid center. Thank you for believing in me and removing 2 bad glands that I carried for the past 10 years. I am so grateful to you and the wonderful nurses and staff for making this surgery as easy as possible and of course for curing me of this disease.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

I felt very at ease with Dr Mitchell. He answered all my questions and gave me tips for my future of healing. My life has changed for the better since this surgery. It’s been amazing!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Dr. Mitchell was great I was his last patient of the day and made him work for his money thanks for changiy my life around.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Dr. Jamie C. Mitchell's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2000)

Coventry Healthcare