Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth J. Anoia-Loftus

I must admit being confused by the mediocre reviews posted by other of Dr. A.-L.s clients. Truthfully, my own response on hearing I'd have a female urologist cannot be repeated here. Yet I now give Dr. Anoia-Loftus the highest grade, gained as we went from a bit of bloody urine to a diagnosis of prostate cancer. I found her to be top notch in skill and a master in the knowledge of urology. She has a tendency to be quick, and seems as busy as any Doc; but she turned out to be fully attentive and patient with all questions and she gave detailed and complete answers. In conducting exams and a biopsy she was gentle, efficient, and got the job done quickly and proficiently. Also, I was especially impressed by her genuine attention to keeping my wife, fretting away in the waiting room, immediately and fully informed of everything. Everything she told me was validated and repeated by surgeons I consulted for second opinions, and by independent reading that I conducted. I trust and respect her. I wish I could say the same for her office staff and policies: mixed nice/insulting personnel, and I know of no other profession where they stop answering the phones for 1 1/2 hours at lunch time and don't even take phone messages during that time except if its an emergency. (That's not her choice necessarily, it is company policy. Thus, I think this is a good Dr. being negatively impacted by company policies and some in the office staff. Her supporting medical team seems very good.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Absolutely horrible Doctor. Don't waste your time or hard earned money. Only award she could have possibly received in her medical field is Queen of Sarcasm. No resolution of the issue, just one big whirlwind of negativity from the moment I stepped into her office. You'll know when the office receptionist starts ordering you around. It goes quickly downhill from there. Rudest doctor and office help I have ever dealt with in my 62 years on this planet. Be forewarned. Worst part is her socking it to the insurance companies and patients. Nobody should have to pay for what we encountered in her office. Good grief! Why be in the medical field lady. Go work for the CIA where your interrogation and intimidation skills would be highly useful.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

The most uncaring, rude Doctor I have ever met. Do not waste your time or breath on this woman. She is ignorant.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Might as well have stopped into wawa and asked the cashier what's wrong with my bladder...the cashier probably would have been a lot nicer and more helpful with my issue. Dr.Anoia is so rude and was unhelpful. An absolute waste of time along with getting bullied by a woman who thinks she is the God of the Urethras everywhere. Give me a break. Also apparently in order to work with her you have to have gone to the university of awful people and majored in rudeness with a concentration in incompetence.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

She was rushed and very uncaring for a dr. Almost 2 months of pain and no relief did my own research and found another dr. Within 2 weeks I was feeling much better. The medication Dr. Anoia put me on actually made my symptoms worse and she kept telling me I had to take it longer for it to work. Always rushed and not very interested in listening. Would not recommend her for women at all.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Men beware! This doctor has no empathy for men and coached me to have a surgical procedure on my enlarged prostate which ended any future orgasms. No warning, no consideration of relative gains and losses. This has been very upsetting for me and the relief of not waking a lot in the night to pee has not been much solace as I face a very different experience of myself as a sexual being, or of a partnership in a loving relationship. A technician who doesn't understand the limits of he expertise. I am bitter about Dr. Anoia.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Great doctor. Great patient communication. Great caring attitude. Great followup care. Terrific results. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

She is cold, bordering on rude and uncaring. She was late, in a hurry, talked down to me, shot me odd glances and did not explain things well at all. She has no "bedside manner". She blew by me without a word when she left the room. There are too many wonderful doctors who are also good with people to put up with someone like her. I vowed never to go back to her . She actually scared me with her behavior. She may be a good surgeon but I'll never know because I'd never trust her to lay a hand on me.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Anoia is a consummate professional. I felt concerned about visiting a female urologist but she helped me through a very difficult period. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Great Dr. and staff They were very helpful every time I needed a question answered

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Dr. Elizabeth J. Anoia-Loftus's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1999)