Ratings for Dr. Patrick LAM

Dr. Patrick Lam is very kind and knowledgeable. He took time to know and discussed what was troubling patient had. I am very please to have found him.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I went to see Dr Lam back in 2011 for stomach issues. When I went in for my consultation, I very much got the feeling that he did not believe that my symptoms were as bad as I was telling him. His questions felt like more of an interrogation...how could I have one symptom and not another. He ended up schedule a colonoscopy and endoscopy...turns out I have ulcerative colitis. Dr. Lam always seemed to be trying to rush me out of the office, didn't really listen to what I had to say, and never truly answered my questions. Needless to say, I did not return to him.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I have Dr Lam as our family's gastroenterologist for YEARS!! He is an exceptional, and most thorough physician in the Valley! Named one of the 50 top doctors for 2014 is no surprise (Read the magazine!) ! He is a no nonsense physician and will TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR! NO BS when it comes to your health, and certainly NO SUGARCOATING! He seriously cares about your health and you BETTER LISTEN TO HIS INSTRUCTIONS because he will tell you it is YOUR HEALTH!! Your irresponsible actions, and non-compliance will always have consequences. If you are stubborn, and do not stop drinking and do not change your lifestyle (like eating fatty greasy food), of course he will be frustrated! I will be too. Dr Lam has the longest patience but if you don't take care of yourself, you will naturally get scolded and that is out of care on his part! A lot of these liver diseases are almost always self-inflict. The procedures are not always 100% safe He will tell YOU THE RISKS involved because that is a requirement! Are any of the medications that you take may it be for high blood pressure, diabetes, and so on and so forth,100% safe??? NO! They come with side effects that can be annoying or even lethal! Dr Lam teaches his patients to be more proactive with their health! He is going to be your strongest advocate, but FIRST YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR PART AS A PATIENT BY MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

My aunt has been seeing Dr. Lam for liver disease for almost 2 years and he has not done anything about it accept let her decline slowly. I accompanied her to her appointments and he is very rude and never examines her thoroughly, her last appointment lasted about 5 minutes and began with him asking her why she was there then he just refilled her Lactulose and then copped an attitude when she asked about her condition and why she has not got any better. He also got an attitude with her about refilling her medication and kind of yelled and said "why didn't she call and get a refill ahead of time" she had ran out of one of her meds 2 months prior and he would not refill it and when she told him that he went around and blamed her for running out. He scheduled her for an EGD and she had it done now she has chronic heartburn and severe stomach pains and can't get an appointment because he was on vacation.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

My Husband seen him for liver disease. Dr. Lam not only was rude and uncaring, he did not discuss treatment options, and also was very judgemental and rude about my husbands weight. Will never go back to this doctor! We now have Dr. Hector Rodriquez and couldn't be more happy with him!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Confusion on procedure, lack of information, no follow up and totally ignored my pain issues. Concentrates on procedures rather than listen to the patient.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I've seen Dr. Lam for years. He has been not only the best GI doctor I've ever seen but also the kindest and most careing doctor I've been to. I read a previous post about a patient who had a spleen problem. After doing Anesthesia for 24 years, you learn that complications do happen, but not always due to a negligent or unskilled act, but sometimes do to a patient's own anatomy and physiology or condition at the time of the procedure. I feel this was very wrong of this patient for posting the comments they did without any medical knowledge or backgound. I do and would have Dr. Lam do any GI procedure on myself or any member of my family without reservation.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Upon receiving a colonoscopy Dr Patrick Lam severed my spleen from my diagram. After the colonoscopy he sent me home only to be admitted into the emergency room that evening. When the doctors opened me up they realized my spleen was severed from the diagram during my colonoscopy. I had to have my spleen removed. Dr Lam was at my bedside everyday till I woke from my coma then he was gone. Now he refuses to take any responsibility for what he did and I am buried in medical bills from an error he made. I have had two surgery's since the initial surgery where I lost my spleen. Thanks Dr. Lam! Will NEVER suggest you to ANYONE but warn everyone against you!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Patrick LAM's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1997)

Workers Comp