Ratings for Dr. Houtan Chaboki

I would highly recommend Dr. Chaboki for any facial plastic surgery I suffered from Deviated Septum for many year; I was breathing from my mouth most of the time and I couldn’t breathe at all from my right side nose. In addition to that, my nose didn’t look normal, it was obviously broken and need to be fixed. I was afraid of doing the surgery. I heard a lot of terrifying stories about the pain especially the pain occurs when removing the gauze pads the day after the surgery. The other thing that I was afraid of was I didn’t want to change how I look and how my nose looks. I just wanted it to be straight and symmetric and this is really what I’ve got. One of my friend recommended Dr. Chaboki for me ( she did her Rhinoplasty for Deviated Septum with Dr. Chaboki and she looks awesome and natural) , I went for a consultation visit and he was very nice, professional, and answered all of my questions. After that I saw another friend who did the same surgery with Dr. Chaboki and the result was also great and unbelievable which encouraged me to and schedule the surgery with him. I went home after the surgery in about two or three hours and felt totally normal!! No pain, nothing at all, the only thing that bothered me is that I have to drink a lot of water using a plastic straw. Dr. Chaboki gave me his personal cell phone number incase if I had any problems or questions. I went the next morning to his office to remove gauze pads WHICH LASTS FOR TWO SECONDS WITH NO PAIN AT ALL!! For the rest of the week I felt normal with no pain at all, I even didn’t need to use the pain killer, I only had the feeling of having flu. After A week, Dr. Chaboki removed the cast and I looked to my new nose, I could breathe normally, my nose looks great. Nobody recognized that I had done anything different to my face: it was just Iike what I’ve always dreamed of. Thank you Dr. Chaboki, You are the best.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I had septo-rhinoplasty in October of 2014. It's been seven months. I was very nervous about the procedure, but after particularly bad allergies that fall (seemed like I couldn't breathe the entire month of September), I decided to have the procedure to fix my severely deviated septum. Dr. Chaboki was personable, knowledgeable, and very reassuring. Having the procedure done at the world class GWU hospital was also reassuring, as was the fact that all the staff who worked with me that day assured me that Dr. Chaboki is an excellent surgeon and that I was in very good hands. My experience with Dr. Chaboki was extremely positive and I was very happy with both the functional and aesthetic results. I would definitely recommend both the procedure and this surgeon to others! I felt no need for pain killers within two days and while my nose remained sensitive for quite a while, the recovery was not bad at all, particularly given that my nose was broken as part of the process. While my nose was mostly nice with just a small craggy bumpy part (where it had possibly been broken as a child?), having it straightened out completely eliminated lifelong self-consciousness about my nose. While I doubt my overall appearance changed much - I think the change wasn't very noticeable to most people, who after all aren't staring closely at my nose all that much,-yet I noticed it A LOT and the change has increased my self confidence quite a bit. All that, plus I can breathe so much more easily now. I didn't know breathing through your nose could be so effortless. So - glad I did it, glad I did it with Dr. Chaboki (particularly since he participates with my insurance, reducing the total cost a lot), and I'll go back to him if I ever get around to getting my ears pinned back!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I went to Dr Chaboki to get a mole on my head removed. He did a decent job in the surgery. But he sent the skin sample for cancer testing to a lab of his choice without informing/consulting me. Since this lab is not in my health care network (UnitedHealthcare), I got a high bill. Although requested, Dr. Chaboki didn't want to personally comment on his practice, and, according to his receptionist, he is not willing to reconsider his practice. So, watch your wallet when you go there!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I had a sports-related injury to my nose last August. I found Dr. Chaboki through my in-network Aetna system. He immediately noticed that in addition to my injury, which he promptly fixed, I had a deviated Septum. He referred me to an allergist to see the cause of the nasal inflammation as well as a CT scan and a sleep study. Armed with all of this information, he suggested I do a Septoplasty. It was a great experience. The staff, the hospital (GWU) and the doctor himself. He is knowledgeable, explains things in plain English and answers any questions you may have. The surgery was successful and I sleep better at night.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

My experience with Dr. Chaboki and his staff was absolutely refreshing. A polite, punctual, and caring individual who met with me twice before scheduling my procedure date. I met with several doctors on performing an otoplasty (getting my "ears pinned" in common english) but this doctor gave me the most confidence with respect to results and his abilities. I went into my procedure fully confident and thankfully, at 3 months post-op, the results are even better than my initial expectations. A highly skilled plastic surgeon, go see him, you'll be thankful you did.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I want to thank Dr. Chaboki for his excellent job! I had a slightly asymmetric nose with a bump. Since it wasn't very noticeable, it didn't bother me a lot. But I always wanted to have a perfect nose. So, I began to search for a plastic surgeon. He was THE ONLY plastic surgeon in my area that met all my criteria. He is conservative in his view-he told me that he is NOT going to reshape my nose into a new one, but he will remove all imperfections making my nose look better. After the surgery there were cotton tampons in my nose, so I had to breathe thru my mouth. This was the worst thing of the whole period. I DID NOT FEEL ANY PAIN! The next day after surgery Dr. removed tampons and I could breathe. On day 7 after surgery the doctor removed the cast. My nose looked straight and thin! And the most important thing is that I still looked myself. It is now 5 weeks from the surgery and nobody (except my husband) knows that I had rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I'm writing b/c I had an excellent experience with Dr. Chaboki! I chose Dr. Chaboki b/c his office is very close to my office and saw he had pretty good reviews. He worked on my ear and it looks great. However, I wanted to comment on the customer service. He is extremely punctual and professional and very easy to talk to. I never waited more than 5 min before an apt. He always asked me if I had any questions and never rushed me during my apt, something I see in a lot of doctors. Excellent customer service; my ear looks great! I would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I had an unsuccessful rhinoplasty one year ago which left me with an unnatural appearance and a deviated septum. For one year I was very self conscious about my stiff looking nose and frustrated with my breathing problem. Dr. Chaboki examined my nose carefully and told me it could be fixed with a closed procedure with no incision on the outside. It was a difficult surgery involving cartilage removal and stitching a thin piece of dissolvable plastic inside the nose to keep the septum straight for the first six months after surgery. Dr. Chaboki explained the details of the procedure and answered my questions patiently in person and over email. Because he took the time to communicate with me and help me understand my needs, I went into the surgery knowing what to expect. The surgery went well, and I was able to have normal social contact at 2 weeks. I'm now 11 weeks post op. Most of the swelling is gone. I like the way my nose looks, and I'm breathing perfectly well on both sides.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I recently had a very positive experience with Dr. Chaboki when I went to him for Botox injection for my frown lines. During the procedure I could tell how careful and precise he was. I have had botox a few times in the past with other doctors, but was never truly satisfied. Somehow Dr. Chaboki seemed to accomplish better results with less product. Two weeks later VOILA! I had a smooth brow without the unwanted change in eyebrow position. You don't have to worry about Dr. Chaboki "overdoing" anything; he proves that "less is more."

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr. Chaboki is an amazing doctor and I highly recommend him to anyone needing corrective surgery. First, he has a reassuring bedside manner and really takes the time to answer any questions and describe the procedure. Secondly, he is very skilled, extremely smart, and a real artist. Thirdly, he is completely thorough, informative, and professional. Fourthly, the follow-up care was excellent. He really cares about you as a person, and not just a number. He is up on the latest procedures and very skillful in their use. I can finally breathe without effort, which allows me much more restful sleep. It has also helped me with my allergies; I was getting repeated sinus infections, and I haven't had any sinus infections since my surgery.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Houtan Chaboki's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Houtan Chaboki is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving women and men in Washington, DC and the surrounding area including Maryland and Virginia. He has an individualized approach with each aesthetic patient, spending considerable time in each consultation to discuss various treatment options. His expertise includes facelift, eyelid surgery, brow lift, chin and cheek implants, and rhinoplasty. Dr. Chaboki also offers patients non-surgical options such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, facial fillers and non-surgical facelifts. For more information on Dr. Chaboki and the procedures he offers, please visit his site today!

• Spanish

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 2000)

• Face-lift