Dr. Andrew C. Messer

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew C. Messer

Excellent physician and surgeon. He performed 2 surgeries on my back and both were successful.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Most efficient and amazing doctor I've been to after trying many. I had a lot of surgeries before going to him but no one could fix the pain until I went to Dr. Messer. One of the most talented surgeons I've experienced!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Years ago I had injured my back. I swore I would never have spine surgery, so for years I received shots, took pain meds but the pain just continued to get worse. I felt like I was 20 years older than I was and I kept gaining weight. My wife told me about her co-worker who was delighted with her back surgery. Her doctor was Andrew Messer. So my wife made me an appointment with him. After talking with the doctor all my years of fear melted away. I was very impressed with Dr. Messer’s knowledge and education. I later found out that he was top in his class at Yale and Oxford plus he has 4 Board certifications to his credit. Since my back surgery I have been able to exercise again and I lost 35 pounds. I feel great and I’m glad I listened to my wife.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I really admire Dr Messer and his staff. He knew exactly what was wrong with my back and fixed it. He did minimal surgery where as other doctors wanted to do major surgery on me.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Messer spent little time with me during a surgery consult, instead letting his assistant do most of the analysis. When he came in, he instructed me to have a nerve conductivity test, and so that if I was LUCKY, I'd be diagnosed with MS or ALS! He and his assistant ignored what I had to say, instead they made presumption.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Messer if you have any problems with your back. I've been to many other so called spine specialist who have wanted to perform huge surgeries on me that were unnecessary. I heard several people talk about how happy they were with Dr. Messer and I was recommended to him by a co-worker. He repaired my back with minimal invasive surgery and I was up walking around the next day. My back pain is totally gone and I haven't felt this good in 10 years. Even though he seemed very busy, he spent plenty of time answering all my questions and returned all my phone calls quickly.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Blue Cross paid co/pay. We found Doctor Messer and staff to be exceptional. We had two spine operations and each was successful. Doctor was knowledgable, courteous, and spend a lot of time during visits.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Bedside manner not good. Does not stand up for patient is more an insurance company advocate than a caring doctor. Does not understand oath to do no harm.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012