Ratings for Dr. Terry L. Tucker

Dr. Tucker is an excellent Optometrist. He has been my eye doctor for 25 years. Staff is normally helpful, at times rather neglectful, but never rude.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Awful service, 45 mins after scheduled appointment to see Dr. While waiting for my eyes to dilate, he took back TWO more patients, leaving me waiting with my eyes dilated and ready. His staff is extremely unprofessional, front desk staff is rude and brought her kids to the office. Another family came in while my eyes were dilated, and the dad told me the wait time is normal, even though the staff had tried to claim it was because they were down staff. Went back to give them a second chance/wanted to look at glasses. Was told can't look at glasses unless I had an appointment....they definitely lost my business. Really don't know how they are always so busy, I guess other patients don't know how they should be treated...this office sure fails.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

OMGOSH!! His office staff is HORRIBLE!! I will never go back even though he was nice enough to my son, who was his patient. I waited for almost 2 hours with 2 boys who were hungry and tired from such a long wait..the apt was at 3:15 and we didn't leave for what seemed like FOREVER!! Then after the visit, the school district never recieved my son's chart even though I sent a fax to the office. The office staff said I had not used a signature, even though the fax was HANDWRITTEN in PRINT with my name!!! I had to personally go to the office bc I don't have a fax machine and she wanted my signature. When I got all the way to his office, they asked me for my ID!!!! And I finally exploded and asked if they treated ALL their patients this way?? Which the one lady quickly said that I could be anybody...omg!! Is this the HQ for National Security, FBI, or CIA?? Who are these people?? I will NEVER EVER want to do business with these ill-faced, inept, unfriendly people again!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

My appointment was at 3:00, it was 3:50 by the time I was taken into an office to wait for the doctor. The entire time I was waiting no one ever apologized or explained to me why there was such a delay. The receptionist was curt and unfriendly. During my wait I used the restroom which was filthy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days or weeks. The soap dispenser was broken and empty. Once I finally made it into an office I waited another 20 minutes until the doctor showed up. He offered a half-hearted insincere excuse for the delay. He finally began the exam and then dropped liquid into my eyes to make them dialate. While my pupils were dialating I was taken into another room where I remained unacknowledged for another 25 minutes. The entire ordeal took over two hours. I wouldn't have been nearly as upset if the office staff had been friendly and informed me of why everything was taking so long, but I was treated as an unwanted nuisance the entire time I was there.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2006

Dr. Terry L. Tucker's Credentials

• Southern College Of Optometry (Grad. 1984)

GHI