Ratings for Dr. Paul Paustian

I took my 18-month-old son, "John," to Houston Pavilion Med-Stop in Warner Robins, Georgia. "John" had been running a fever, and a reddish tint appeared in his diaper. When Dr. Paustain came into the room he told me his name and without even looking up at me said in a very condescending tone,"I'm trying to understand this. Why are you here? Because of concentrated urine? What am I supposed to do about that?!" I was shocked at his lack of care or concern for my son. I explained that I thought "John's" last diaper contained blood and I was trying to show him that I brought it with me in a zipped bag so that he could understand what I saw and give me his opinion. I had barely taken the diaper out of my purse when he quickly interrupted me and said, "What do you expect me to do with that?!" No loving parent should ever be treated as though their legitimate concerns for their child's health are unimportant or ridiculous.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013