Ratings for Dr. John R. Gorny

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I had a terrible birth experience with Dr G. When I arrived at Mission to have my baby the nurses refused to call Dr. Gorny b/c they didn't believe I was in labor.My husband ended up delivering my baby in the bathroom while the nurse was screaming in the door way. The cord was wrapped around my baby's neck. Fortunately my husband is a Dr and he knew what to do. After the experience was over, the hospital denied that they didn't call Dr. Gorny he also backed them up.Multiple times during my labor, my husband told them the baby was about to be born and to call the Dr.The nurse refused over and over. During transition the nurses had me signing paperwork (even though I was preregistered). Dr G did not arrive at Mission until more than 1hr after I got there.On my birth plan that I made with Dr.G, I put that no medical decisions were to be made without my knowledge or consent. After the birth of my baby I was given a pitocin drip which I did not consent to. Once Dr G arrived he took it out.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Gorny is AWESOME and so is his staff. He and his staff helped to make my pregnancy stress free. They were always helpful when I had questions either in the office or over the phone. When I had to have an emergency C-section, Dr. Gorny was at the hospital at midnight within minutes of receiving the call.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Gorney is kind,caring and super smart. He genuinley cares for his patients. I can certify to that. Not like most Doctors that hurry and hardly remember you when you come back if it's been awhile. He remembers & genuinely cares about his patients. Highly recommend. Sincerely, Melissa Fraser

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I thought I was the only patient to have daughters who now see the physician who assisted their birth! Reading the comments here, I realize I am not alone! Dr. Gorny is very approachable and takes all questions seriously, and as I have grown older, his common sense and medical expertise have been a source of reassurance. Thank goodness he is not retiring!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Dr. Gorny delivered both of my daughters (now 31 and 28) and both experiences were great. He and his staff truly earn all the positive comments they get from their patients. His dedication to his patients is the highest and he is there for you every step of the way no matter how complicated or uncomplicated your pregnancy might be. He shows up night and day, whatever it takes to be there for you and your baby. His staff was always the nicest as they managed to be efficient while also remaining caring and supportive. My oldest daughter is now expecting her first baby and if we still lived in the area I would definitely want her to go to Dr. Gorny. (If Dr. Gorny's name is misspelled anywhere in this review it is because of my auto-correct coupled with the inability to go back and review/edit before posting.)

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Gorny is great. Very experienced, amicable and a great doctor. I chose him because I wanted to see one doctor throughout the entire pregnancy and also have that same doctor deliver the baby. Never had an issue getting a same day appointment if needed and his staff went the extra mile helping me file some paperwork that my insurance company messed up. Someone had a comment on here about him playing golf, but that must be about someone else, I joked about it with Dr. Gorny and he said he doesn't golf!! I would highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Dr. Gorny and his staff are great. I have recommended him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Dr Gorny is wonderful!! Delivered BOTH of my sons. I saw him all through my pregnancies and NEVER had to see a back up Dr or the "on call Dr." Does it all himself and makes time for YOU. He answers all of your questions, ensures you get what you need, calls back timely. I cannot say enough good things about him. But I do know that contrary to another comment posted here, that he does not play golf. He won't retire because he loves his job and his patients!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Great doctor. Great office staff. Has been in the same area for years.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr. John R. Gorny's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)

Health Net