You may also like

Rate Dr. J. Julie Chen

Dr. J. Julie Chen's Ratings

Very rude Dr that doesn't care about how you feel or how badly you are hurting. I've had 3 Major back surgeries and she didn't care about that at all. Her response to me was im to young "37" to be on pain meds and told me she didn't care to see me anymore. Very unprofessional and a flat out awful Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2905440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

Dr. Julie Chen is one of the best Physicians I have ever known. I have been a Critical Care Nurse working in a hospital for 36 years. I know Physicians.
She has endless passion for helping patients improve their quality of life by decreasing their pain. Her knowledge is endless. She is constantly learning to help her patients. I have been her patient for 4 years. Before I found Dr. Chen, the doctors I went to didn't even believe I had pain. If they can't see something, it's not there. Dr. Chen listens to you every appointment and then adjusts your treatment plan according to your symptoms. Yes, she has a holistic approach. To get better, the patient must be totally engaged. There are no magic pills. I will be the first to admit that it is not easy, but it works. You will work hard to eat clean and exercise. Just do it.
Her office runs like clock work. I have never waited more that 5 minutes for my appointment.
If you want to get better, become a patient of Dr. Chen's.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2858514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I was a patient of dr Chins for 4 years
I was terrified at every appt because you didn't know what Dr Chin you would get .
She would say at every appt the the next appt she was going to take all meds away, which would scare the HELL out of me because at this point I cannot go without any opiate and I was in terrible pain from tendons being torn I have had 5 surgeries in 4 years to try to repair them and have arthritis in every joint in my body.
She was so rude bitter that she would have me in tears by the end of my visit .
Every visit my blood pressure would be sky high and I would be sweating profusely.
I was reading thru some of the reviews on here and a few of them were spot on about her personality . Why stay there you ask ? Because of my insurance there were very few that took my insurance. Once I found another pain specialist I was out of there .
I'm sure everyone has there reasons for writing a review, and I hate to write bad reviews
But this was one of the worst times of my life and I don't want anyone else to go through what I did . Please be very cautious if you use this Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2849161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I took my mother to Dr Chen because of chronic migraines that seemed to spawn from a fall from our horse 12 years ago. Dr Chen saw my mother once and stated that she wanted her off of the 5mg Percocet she is currently taking. Two weeks later after tapering the medication my mother had an attack of her terrible migraine and had to be hospitalized. I'm not sure if the FDA is on Dr Chans back but not every person who comes in there needs their pain meds taken away. My poor mother continues care with her primary physician now and recieves her 30 pills per month again and has had no severe attacks renedering her hospitalized. Dr Chan is a bad pain Physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

This doctor is nothing but a drug dealer. She ruins lives

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I am writing because I know that people often write when there are negative opinions, and information found on the Internet is skewed to be biased. I saw Dr. Girrody last week, she did an excellent and thorough intake and was so compassionate. She does not see patients with abdominal issues so I saw Dr. Chen today. I have had a type of bypass surgery and horrible pain. Dr. Chen does an AMAZING job. For those of you that have seen doctor after doctor and just gotten more and more frustrated- this is the practice to go to. Dr. Chen was so understanding, compassionate, and helped me understand my pain on a conceptual level. No other doctor has does this for me (not for lack of trying, maybe because the knowledge base wasn't there). Dr. Chen works from a holistic view, and understands how pain can effect your entire life. I was able to get acupuncture and accupressure as well- this doctor was great as well. I really think it's important to let people know what a great place this is- very unique. The doctors are truly compassionate and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have read others stating that positive reviews must be from the staff. That is just not true. Erin Foster

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Chen has been my doctor for several years. I started to see her from a referral and I had a lot of back pain back then. Thank God for her! She started to treat me and started giving me good doses of what I need and gradually reduced them over time. Now I'm pain free through therapy and treatment she recommended. I would recommend her wholeheartedly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2725811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Dr. Chen was my Doctor for 10 months. Worst Doctor ever. Rude, angry, doesn't even make eye contact & god forbid you ask her a question. I'd bet my house that some of these reviews were written by her staff or herself. The state released guidelines on the amount of pain medication prescribed to non terminal patients. Instead of reading the guidelines Dr. Chen made arbitrary decisions to stop giving proper medication. I now see a Doctor who uses his knowledge to prescribe adequate medication. The state released suggested guidelines NOT regulations or new law. Stay away from this woman,

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2705602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

The Staff there is amazing they are very friendly and are willing to go that extra mile to help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I have known Dr. Julie Jing Chen for a while. I was treated by her once several years ago. I referred to her several patients. The referred patients like the results.

Dr. Chen is one of few pain specialists who want to decrease the amount of drug for their pain patients. She believes that increasing the dosage to kill pain only make the patients addicted to the pain-killing medicine. She wants to avoid or decrease the pain killing medicine if possible.

I saw with my own eyes. She ordered her staff to flush the remainder of the pills from the bottle into the toilet before the staff handed the prescription to the patient. She asked her staff counted and recorded how many pills in the bottle that would go into toilet. I ask her why? She said that she followed the law and standard procedure. She can not allow the her medicine end on the street.

She tries very hard to observe the law and regulations related to the killing-pain medicine.

She told me once. Some of the drugs can be sold on the market illegally to make a lot of money.

She does not want to be part of it.

I wonder for these negative comments. Is it because that Dr. Chen decrease the dosage of the medicine? Or these comments are the facts.

I think that patients need to experience with her themselves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661045].votes_count ]]