Ratings for Dr. J. Julie Chen

Dr. Chen does not care about her patients. She only cares about her rep and her money. She would not give me refills for my pain meds. She wouldn't even tell me why or what I would do for my pain. I went through horrible withdrawals, my pain got worse she would take my calls or return them and tell me what I could do for my pain or withdrawals. I have neuropathy that gets worse by the month and I will be in a wheel chair. She did not care about my health and what she could do to help. Don't see her, you will regret it.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Chen is horrible! She cares nothing about the patient, and more about saving her butt. My mother suffers from chronic sciatic nerve damage and misunderstood that Dr. Chen cut her medication down from 3 to 2 pills a day. She ran out of medication 9 days before her next visit, so nothing showed up on her urine test. This doctor insinuated that someone else in our house was taking her drugs, or we were selling it on the black market. REALLY????? So she gave her a script for 5 mg of Methodone, which did absolutely nothing for my mother's pain. The next month my mother had an appointment, and they called her to come in 2 days early. When she got there, Dr. Chen said "I don't know why you are here. I'm not giving you anything else. You can go!" Now my mother is in Riverside hospital in so much pain it has caused other complications. This doctor should have her license revoked, and I will be sending a complaint to the proper authorities! DO NOT use this doctor if you want compassionate care. She is down right rude, and does not care about her patients!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I have been back and forth between loving dr Chen and pulling out my hair not because she's a bad dr but sometimes us as patients who do hurt all the time want to do it only our way then like little babies groan and moan about her not always doing what we want. Have a word phrase for you Shut up. My father is a dr if anyone treated him the way you treat dr Chen and I've been in the office and heard your Bs if you were his patient you'd be invited to find another dr(for you idiots that make it more difficult for me to get the meds I need because your just a pill popping jackass that means find another dr ). Dr Chen has never hurt me because she's incredible stupid she might disagree with me or you until we can show a real reason and not just she thinks you're after meds. And as I've said I've seen some of you and junkie jackass is your proper name. So thanks dr for not giving up on us who do what you ask. Patients and Drs have a partnership we have to work with the other!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Very rude Dr that doesn't care about how you feel or how badly you are hurting. I've had 3 Major back surgeries and she didn't care about that at all. Her response to me was im to young "37" to be on pain meds and told me she didn't care to see me anymore. Very unprofessional and a flat out awful Dr

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr. Julie Chen is one of the best Physicians I have ever known. I have been a Critical Care Nurse working in a hospital for 36 years. I know Physicians. She has endless passion for helping patients improve their quality of life by decreasing their pain. Her knowledge is endless. She is constantly learning to help her patients. I have been her patient for 4 years. Before I found Dr. Chen, the doctors I went to didn't even believe I had pain. If they can't see something, it's not there. Dr. Chen listens to you every appointment and then adjusts your treatment plan according to your symptoms. Yes, she has a holistic approach. To get better, the patient must be totally engaged. There are no magic pills. I will be the first to admit that it is not easy, but it works. You will work hard to eat clean and exercise. Just do it. Her office runs like clock work. I have never waited more that 5 minutes for my appointment. If you want to get better, become a patient of Dr. Chen's.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I was a patient of dr Chins for 4 years I was terrified at every appt because you didn't know what Dr Chin you would get . She would say at every appt the the next appt she was going to take all meds away, which would scare the HELL out of me because at this point I cannot go without any opiate and I was in terrible pain from tendons being torn I have had 5 surgeries in 4 years to try to repair them and have arthritis in every joint in my body. She was so rude bitter that she would have me in tears by the end of my visit . Every visit my blood pressure would be sky high and I would be sweating profusely. I was reading thru some of the reviews on here and a few of them were spot on about her personality . Why stay there you ask ? Because of my insurance there were very few that took my insurance. Once I found another pain specialist I was out of there . I'm sure everyone has there reasons for writing a review, and I hate to write bad reviews But this was one of the worst times of my life and I don't want anyone else to go through what I did . Please be very cautious if you use this Dr.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I took my mother to Dr Chen because of chronic migraines that seemed to spawn from a fall from our horse 12 years ago. Dr Chen saw my mother once and stated that she wanted her off of the 5mg Percocet she is currently taking. Two weeks later after tapering the medication my mother had an attack of her terrible migraine and had to be hospitalized. I'm not sure if the FDA is on Dr Chans back but not every person who comes in there needs their pain meds taken away. My poor mother continues care with her primary physician now and recieves her 30 pills per month again and has had no severe attacks renedering her hospitalized. Dr Chan is a bad pain Physician.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

This doctor is nothing but a drug dealer. She ruins lives

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I am writing because I know that people often write when there are negative opinions, and information found on the Internet is skewed to be biased. I saw Dr. Girrody last week, she did an excellent and thorough intake and was so compassionate. She does not see patients with abdominal issues so I saw Dr. Chen today. I have had a type of bypass surgery and horrible pain. Dr. Chen does an AMAZING job. For those of you that have seen doctor after doctor and just gotten more and more frustrated- this is the practice to go to. Dr. Chen was so understanding, compassionate, and helped me understand my pain on a conceptual level. No other doctor has does this for me (not for lack of trying, maybe because the knowledge base wasn't there). Dr. Chen works from a holistic view, and understands how pain can effect your entire life. I was able to get acupuncture and accupressure as well- this doctor was great as well. I really think it's important to let people know what a great place this is- very unique. The doctors are truly compassionate and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have read others stating that positive reviews must be from the staff. That is just not true. Erin Foster

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Chen has been my doctor for several years. I started to see her from a referral and I had a lot of back pain back then. Thank God for her! She started to treat me and started giving me good doses of what I need and gradually reduced them over time. Now I'm pain free through therapy and treatment she recommended. I would recommend her wholeheartedly!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. J. Julie Chen's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Molina
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chen does not care about her patients. She only cares about her rep and her money. She would not give me refills for my pain meds. She wouldn't even tell m..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chen is horrible! She cares nothing about the patient, and more about saving her butt. My mother suffers from chronic sciatic nerve damage and misunderstood..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been back and forth between loving dr Chen and pulling out my hair not because she's a bad dr but sometimes us as patients who do hurt all the time want ..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very rude Dr that doesn't care about how you feel or how badly you are hurting. I've had 3 Major back surgeries and she didn't care about that at all. Her respo..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Julie Chen is one of the best Physicians I have ever known. I have been a Critical Care Nurse working in a hospital for 36 years. I know Physicians. She ..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of dr Chins for 4 years I was terrified at every appt because you didn't know what Dr Chin you would get . She would say at every appt the th..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I took my mother to Dr Chen because of chronic migraines that seemed to spawn from a fall from our horse 12 years ago. Dr Chen saw my mother once and stated tha..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is nothing but a drug dealer. She ruins lives"

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am writing because I know that people often write when there are negative opinions, and information found on the Internet is skewed to be biased. I saw Dr. Gi..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chen has been my doctor for several years. I started to see her from a referral and I had a lot of back pain back then. Thank God for her! She started to..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chen was my Doctor for 10 months. Worst Doctor ever. Rude, angry, doesn't even make eye contact & god forbid you ask her a question. I'd bet my house that ..."

February 1, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "The Staff there is amazing they are very friendly and are willing to go that extra mile to help you."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have known Dr. Julie Jing Chen for a while. I was treated by her once several years ago. I referred to her several patients. The referred patients like ..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the worse Dr I've ever seen. She is extremely rude and thinks she knows everything about you and your life. She uses the excuse of age as a reason fo..."

November 12, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2481063'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.0

February 6, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jing" to "J. Julie"

July 6, 2012
  • combined ratings from Anesthesiologist listing (DID: 83793)

May 3, 2012