Ratings for Dr. J. Julie Chen

If I could put 0's across the ratings board I would. I went to her starting out with having a torn nerve in my arm. With her "help" she put in a pain pump that was wrapped around my spine so severely it took my new doctor close to a hour to get it unwrapped from my spine. She put me on pain medications that only people with stage 4 cancer are on. I had to beg her to take me off of the medications she had me on. She was always very rude. This doctor almost killed me 2 separate times and almost paralyzed me as well. I now have severe back, neck, leg, arm and nerve pain because of this doctor. I write this review in hopes that it saves someone from going to her and her putting them through the life long pain that I am now in. I can no longer work at the age of 56 and trust me I would love to work. when I left her as my doctor my back was so messed up that I was bent over in a "L" shape. Luckily now my new doctor has taken me off most medications she had me on and I can now walk more normally.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Doctor is a joke i wood not go there should not be a doctor

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I saw Dr. Chen for migraines. The first medication she put me on was Fentanyl. I saw her back in 2009-2010. My medications were changed, I had private insurance and I also had Botox injections. I ended up leaving the practice when I realized she wasn't a physician with true ethics nor did she want to help her patients other than prescribing a narcotic. Narcotic=$$$ In that time, she had moved offices one door over and changed names. If the practice has moved again, that seems like a "red flag". To those who say the ones who are posting bad reviews are "druggies".... It is doctors like this who are the cause of the prescription pain pill epidemic that we see today.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

She is not a good listener. She does not speak or understand English very well. I do not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

The reviews about month to month moodiness are true. I experienced the same. She cared little to know about my disease which is endometriosis, which is chronic but intermittent pain. At more than one appointment I was literally told to try not drinking cold beverages. I already do everything holiest all I can to manage my pain- eat organic, no sugar dairy gluten etc. and have had 4 surgeries. The last time I told her the pain medication didn't seem to be working as well anymore, she tried to take it away. The next appointment she did. She told me she changes medication "all the time." I am looking for a new pm. This disease is physiological enough without Hitler with a prescription pad

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

My name is holly im 38yrs old had seen pojie for the 1st 3yrs i was there she helped me feel like a mom again i was diagnosed with balging disc pinch nerve low b12 ,D , irritable bowl syndrom,insulin resistance n she help diagnose me.on my meds i felt like a mom cause i was taking walks,n being active with them more than i was before.my insurance wouldnt pay her so they gave me dr.chenn the worsed experience i have ever had.1st time i seen her she said only thing wrong with me is that in to fat.later finding out she has made her staff go on diets as well.for her to tell me i was on to many narcotics n cut them to only methodone by my last visit i did with her.for all my meds for my vitamins i was laking antiflamitories to be took asked her why she took me off all my meds including non narcotics to give me the strongest they make to feel like a (bowl movement) liken be n pain with no reply so i did try shots after the 1 i got n had a plate size bruze on my hip n cutting me off everything n falling into a concrete stair way cause me to get a black eye from my leg giving out.oh cant forget charlie the office dog.that bit my son in the knee n crawled at a 2yr old b4 it bit him.n i watch it all niether kid was yelling,running,waving hands fast or anything n the staff did nothing about it.also sat in her office with all the toilets broke for the 4hrs i was there.i left n never went back felt like i was ignored she talked to my 14yr old like (a bowl movementlwhen she asked about things or imputed on something..

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I can only say that most of these people who lists complaints against Dr. Chen are those that expect impossible miracles or are simply "drug seekers". Those who go there w/ realistic goals & are willin . to accept her help will be amazed. She has NEVER been rude. She had always listened to our opinions w/o being condescending or insulting. She is willing to try any thing to help her patients. She does NOT arbitrarily try to take away medications from those who need them w/o good cause. There are laws that pain doctors HAVE to obey. I have seen patients stand in the front office and yell at her about failure of uri bne tests or volunteering that they t ook their meds purposely incorrect (all the while Dr. Chen attempted to take them in to private rooms but they preferred to make a scene & disturb others.) Then they are Surprised when they are not provided w/ additional meds to abuse. People like this are what makes it hard for legitimate patients to find good help. Their behavior causes other leg image patients to be labeled as drug addicts. As a licensed doctor it is her duty to "weed-out" this type of abuse. I have never found her staff to be impolite of rude. Even after dealing w/ these types of people. I don't think I could be as nice to them. As for her office dog. He never approaches anyone who does not want him near. We didn't even know he was in the office for over 6 myths after he arrived. Severe chronic pain causes emotional strain and he seems to know who needs him &who does not. He is both a blessing to those who need him & an asset to their office.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

My husband was totally bed bound by pain from DMD & Parkinson's. Dr. Chen gave him his life back. She had been supportive & understanding. She has always listened & adjusted her treatment plan when th ere were difficulties. She has never made us feel anything but welcome & has never insinuated that were just looking for drugs. Those who truly come to her with realistic expectations will find her an exceptional benefit. She tries every possible method to reduce your pain & manage your treatment. Those who come to her for a "script doctor" or a miracle in a pill to stop all their pains will be the ones who list the ridiculous & unfounded complaints on these sites. People think that they dictate their own treatment & often abuse both their medicines and the doctors who truly try to help them. Then blame the doctors when their urine test REQUIRE that these same doctors take actions. If these patients took their meds as prescribed there would be no problems. No one alive is TOTALLY pain free those who want this are being unrealistically. All we can say is that we are extremely thankful there are doctors who care as much as Dr. Julie Chen. One additional note. Her exceptionally well trained office dog also provides additional relief in a high stress environment.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

I have Ben going to Dr Chen for 15yrs. I have been blessed to have her as my Doctor. She listens, she is kind and she does care about her patients.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Chen does not care about her patients. She only cares about her rep and her money. She would not give me refills for my pain meds. She wouldn't even tell me why or what I would do for my pain. I went through horrible withdrawals, my pain got worse she would take my calls or return them and tell me what I could do for my pain or withdrawals. I have neuropathy that gets worse by the month and I will be in a wheel chair. She did not care about my health and what she could do to help. Don't see her, you will regret it.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016