Ratings for Dr. J. Julie Chen

The reviews about month to month moodiness are true. I experienced the same. She cared little to know about my disease which is endometriosis, which is chronic but intermittent pain. At more than one appointment I was literally told to try not drinking cold beverages. I already do everything holiest all I can to manage my pain- eat organic, no sugar dairy gluten etc. and have had 4 surgeries. The last time I told her the pain medication didn't seem to be working as well anymore, she tried to take it away. The next appointment she did. She told me she changes medication "all the time." I am looking for a new pm. This disease is physiological enough without Hitler with a prescription pad

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

My name is holly im 38yrs old had seen pojie for the 1st 3yrs i was there she helped me feel like a mom again i was diagnosed with balging disc pinch nerve low b12 ,D , irritable bowl syndrom,insulin resistance n she help diagnose me.on my meds i felt like a mom cause i was taking walks,n being active with them more than i was before.my insurance wouldnt pay her so they gave me dr.chenn the worsed experience i have ever had.1st time i seen her she said only thing wrong with me is that in to fat.later finding out she has made her staff go on diets as well.for her to tell me i was on to many narcotics n cut them to only methodone by my last visit i did with her.for all my meds for my vitamins i was laking antiflamitories to be took asked her why she took me off all my meds including non narcotics to give me the strongest they make to feel like a (bowl movement) liken be n pain with no reply so i did try shots after the 1 i got n had a plate size bruze on my hip n cutting me off everything n falling into a concrete stair way cause me to get a black eye from my leg giving out.oh cant forget charlie the office dog.that bit my son in the knee n crawled at a 2yr old b4 it bit him.n i watch it all niether kid was yelling,running,waving hands fast or anything n the staff did nothing about it.also sat in her office with all the toilets broke for the 4hrs i was there.i left n never went back felt like i was ignored she talked to my 14yr old like (a bowl movementlwhen she asked about things or imputed on something..

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I can only say that most of these people who lists complaints against Dr. Chen are those that expect impossible miracles or are simply "drug seekers". Those who go there w/ realistic goals & are willin . to accept her help will be amazed. She has NEVER been rude. She had always listened to our opinions w/o being condescending or insulting. She is willing to try any thing to help her patients. She does NOT arbitrarily try to take away medications from those who need them w/o good cause. There are laws that pain doctors HAVE to obey. I have seen patients stand in the front office and yell at her about failure of uri bne tests or volunteering that they t ook their meds purposely incorrect (all the while Dr. Chen attempted to take them in to private rooms but they preferred to make a scene & disturb others.) Then they are Surprised when they are not provided w/ additional meds to abuse. People like this are what makes it hard for legitimate patients to find good help. Their behavior causes other leg image patients to be labeled as drug addicts. As a licensed doctor it is her duty to "weed-out" this type of abuse. I have never found her staff to be impolite of rude. Even after dealing w/ these types of people. I don't think I could be as nice to them. As for her office dog. He never approaches anyone who does not want him near. We didn't even know he was in the office for over 6 myths after he arrived. Severe chronic pain causes emotional strain and he seems to know who needs him &who does not. He is both a blessing to those who need him & an asset to their office.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

My husband was totally bed bound by pain from DMD & Parkinson's. Dr. Chen gave him his life back. She had been supportive & understanding. She has always listened & adjusted her treatment plan when th ere were difficulties. She has never made us feel anything but welcome & has never insinuated that were just looking for drugs. Those who truly come to her with realistic expectations will find her an exceptional benefit. She tries every possible method to reduce your pain & manage your treatment. Those who come to her for a "script doctor" or a miracle in a pill to stop all their pains will be the ones who list the ridiculous & unfounded complaints on these sites. People think that they dictate their own treatment & often abuse both their medicines and the doctors who truly try to help them. Then blame the doctors when their urine test REQUIRE that these same doctors take actions. If these patients took their meds as prescribed there would be no problems. No one alive is TOTALLY pain free those who want this are being unrealistically. All we can say is that we are extremely thankful there are doctors who care as much as Dr. Julie Chen. One additional note. Her exceptionally well trained office dog also provides additional relief in a high stress environment.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

I have Ben going to Dr Chen for 15yrs. I have been blessed to have her as my Doctor. She listens, she is kind and she does care about her patients.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Chen does not care about her patients. She only cares about her rep and her money. She would not give me refills for my pain meds. She wouldn't even tell me why or what I would do for my pain. I went through horrible withdrawals, my pain got worse she would take my calls or return them and tell me what I could do for my pain or withdrawals. I have neuropathy that gets worse by the month and I will be in a wheel chair. She did not care about my health and what she could do to help. Don't see her, you will regret it.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Chen is horrible! She cares nothing about the patient, and more about saving her butt. My mother suffers from chronic sciatic nerve damage and misunderstood that Dr. Chen cut her medication down from 3 to 2 pills a day. She ran out of medication 9 days before her next visit, so nothing showed up on her urine test. This doctor insinuated that someone else in our house was taking her drugs, or we were selling it on the black market. REALLY????? So she gave her a script for 5 mg of Methodone, which did absolutely nothing for my mother's pain. The next month my mother had an appointment, and they called her to come in 2 days early. When she got there, Dr. Chen said "I don't know why you are here. I'm not giving you anything else. You can go!" Now my mother is in Riverside hospital in so much pain it has caused other complications. This doctor should have her license revoked, and I will be sending a complaint to the proper authorities! DO NOT use this doctor if you want compassionate care. She is down right rude, and does not care about her patients!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I have been back and forth between loving dr Chen and pulling out my hair not because she's a bad dr but sometimes us as patients who do hurt all the time want to do it only our way then like little babies groan and moan about her not always doing what we want. Have a word phrase for you Shut up. My father is a dr if anyone treated him the way you treat dr Chen and I've been in the office and heard your Bs if you were his patient you'd be invited to find another dr(for you idiots that make it more difficult for me to get the meds I need because your just a pill popping jackass that means find another dr ). Dr Chen has never hurt me because she's incredible stupid she might disagree with me or you until we can show a real reason and not just she thinks you're after meds. And as I've said I've seen some of you and junkie jackass is your proper name. So thanks dr for not giving up on us who do what you ask. Patients and Drs have a partnership we have to work with the other!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Very rude Dr that doesn't care about how you feel or how badly you are hurting. I've had 3 Major back surgeries and she didn't care about that at all. Her response to me was im to young "37" to be on pain meds and told me she didn't care to see me anymore. Very unprofessional and a flat out awful Dr

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr. Julie Chen is one of the best Physicians I have ever known. I have been a Critical Care Nurse working in a hospital for 36 years. I know Physicians. She has endless passion for helping patients improve their quality of life by decreasing their pain. Her knowledge is endless. She is constantly learning to help her patients. I have been her patient for 4 years. Before I found Dr. Chen, the doctors I went to didn't even believe I had pain. If they can't see something, it's not there. Dr. Chen listens to you every appointment and then adjusts your treatment plan according to your symptoms. Yes, she has a holistic approach. To get better, the patient must be totally engaged. There are no magic pills. I will be the first to admit that it is not easy, but it works. You will work hard to eat clean and exercise. Just do it. Her office runs like clock work. I have never waited more that 5 minutes for my appointment. If you want to get better, become a patient of Dr. Chen's.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015