Ratings for Dr. Karin W. Buettner

Dr. Buettner is the best, most caring OB in Richmond. She helped me through a miscarriage, twin pregnancy then a single pregnancy. She goes above and beyond the call of duty - calling me on her day off to address my concerns about my gestational diabetes. She also checked on me everyday in the hospital after my c-section even though she wasn't required too. Finally, I wanted her to be the one to do the circumcision on my son - so she gave up her lunch to come and do it and did a fabulous job. I am lucky to have her as my doctor and will never be able to repay her for all the kindness and care that she has given me over the years.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I know this happened in 1999 or 2000 but it has bothered me, even after all these years. I was new to the area so I set my annual pap with Dr. Karin Beuttner, because her name was in the insurance directory. While in the exam room, she inserted the metal pap smear device into me, opened it so wide it hurt, then a nurse knocked on the door to tell her she had a phone call. Instead of removing the device, both she & her assistant left me in the room alone, with the device still inside me! It took over 10 minutes for them to come back into the room! It wasn't like I could hop off of the table & open the door to ask for them to come back! Neither Dr. Beuttner nor her assistant apologized for the incident. I felt so violated after that incident. I was young & not as outspoken back then, and to this day I regret not saying anything to her about it.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

My experience with Dr. Buettner was fine for my 1st pregnancy and delivery. She encouraged me to come in when I wasn’t in labor so she could induce me, which I wish I hadn’t done as it ended in c-section, but the decision was ultimately mine. For my 2nd pregnancy, she helped me immensely when I became severely ill during the first trimester. However, by the end of that pregnancy, her wait time had consistently become an hour. She would run into the room for 90 seconds, and it was obvious that she had not looked at my chart and didn’t know anything about my pregnancy. Her lack of attention and generally negative attitude were bad enough that I switched providers at 37 weeks. She can be nice, but she is generally a rather frank person, as her exclaiming “Whoa! Look at your scar! I normally do a much better job than that!” can attest. I was also dishearted to learn via VHI.org that her c-section and episiotomy rates are both above 30%, higher than most OBs in the area.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. B is amazing. She saved my life and my son's life. She has NEVER been rude to us. She is straight to the point, and honestly, thats what people need. Under what people take as her "hard" exterior she is TRULY a compassionate and wonderful doctor. I would recomend anyone to her.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

I had a very bad experience with this doctor. A week after being discharged from having a c-section, I could not walk. She was the attending dr. at the ER that night. I spoke with her by phone and explained my condition (while in tears) and she rudely stated that I should not go to the ER because there was nothing really wrong with me (not exact words-similar). My condition worsened and my husband decided to take me to the ER of another local hospital where I was admitted for a week due to a severe infection. This happened a few years ago and I can still remember how uncompassionate she was and I didn't understand why.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr. Buettner is extremely knowledgeable and kind. She took time to answer all of my questions and my husband’s questions and was very patient. I trust her completely to give me the best care.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr. Buettner is just wonderful. I wish I had delivered my two babies with her instead of with another doctor in the same practice (Henrico). She is caring and patiently answers all questions you have. She is very thorough as well and I feel that I am being very well taken care of. As a bonus, she was very sweet to my two year old who was with me at the appt. :)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

Dr. Buettner is someone who has saved my life and that of my baby (who is now 16 years old!). I trust and value her as a doctor and as a friend. She is so competent and kind and I trust her with my life! She will always be who I come to see for my yearly check up. I have recommended her to several of my friends and they all agree that she is fantastic!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

I found Dr. Buettner to be rude and rushed, as if she had more important things to worry about while I was in premature labor and in the hospital. I was admitted at 1 a.m. and she did not come to see me until 7a.m. She is not my primary doctor in the practice, nor would she ever be. This was not my first issue with her. When pregnant with my second son, my primary doctor was on vacation and I hed to see Dr. Buettner. At this time, she and I talked about my first pregnancy and I told her he had been born with a serious illness and her response was " Well, is that child even living?". I took this as an obvious sign she had not looked at my chart before coming into my room and had the bedside manner of a corrections officer.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

This is the best OBGYN in Richmond, she delivered 3 of my children and has helped me with medical issues. She is very caring, considerate and kind and cares about her patients. She even calls them to check on them, I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2007

Dr. Karin W. Buettner's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

GHI