Ratings for Dr. L. Mark Bell

Wonderful, caring and knowledgeable with professional demeanor

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Bell is a companionate and talented Doctor. He helped me grow from a degenerative anxiety disorder. He heard me. I appreciate him for that.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Staff has attitude issues, he isn't very attentive w/patients and doesn't follow through then when corrected in what he said he sends letter to me saying he will no longer see my child. He needs to retire

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

in 2006 I was going to see him for Depression and other issues which My grandmother and him couldn't figure out. The meetings i went to with him didn't help me and he didn't seem to care to try to talk to me, instead talking to my Grandmother most of the time. He prescribed me on various medications which seemed random, for instance, on the Bipolar medication Trileptal. In a meeting after I had gotten back from the psych ward, or maybe right before, he seemed particularily non-commited to my wellbeing and talked to my grandmother the whole time about her issues instead of mine. He then proceeded to belittle me and tell me how much of a burden I was on her. When i made a defensive remark, he grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground and yelled at me. he picked me up by the arm and threw me back down again in the hallway. My grandmother was screaming at him to stop, and I obviously never went back. I cannot stress enough how abusive and selfish this man is. He shouldn't be allowed to continue with this job because I'm worried he has tried to ruin other people like he tried to do to me.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr. Bell really listens to me and he has no judgment towards me and my problems. I have seen psychiatrists before and I felt judged and "analyzed". He is VERY smart and perceptive, which is not always a given with mind doctors. A word of advice; keep your appointments and don't wait for things to get bad to call. He will make time for you, but I wonder maybe they won't get this bad if I see him on a regular badis

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Disciplinary actions against Dr. L. Mark Bell: psychsearch.net/psychs/nd/4221992.pdf

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I am forever grateful to Dr. Bell. I owe him the life I have today. I didn't think I would make it, I really did not. Doctors save lives. Dr Bell saved my life by making me believe in my own capacity to change and better and save my life. I will have gratitude till the day I die.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Amazing!!! Absolutely wonderful Dr.! The staff actually cares about emergencies

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Bell's for approximately 10 years, and I can say that he has been an absolute blessing. There have been times where I've called the day before to get in to see him & Carmen & Becky ALWAYS make it work without me feeling as though I'm an inconvenience. He definitely takes the time to know his patients, their problems, and to connect with people. My only slight complaint is that he is often behind by 10 minutes at least (but I guess that's sort of good, because you know he's very busy!. Dr. Bell ROCKS!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

He has helped me out very much. I appreciate his help and time he has given me.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr. L. Mark Bell's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1987)