Ratings for Dr. Alan E. Gustin

Dr. Gustin has cared for my daughter who is special needs for years. He has been more than kind to her and very supportive of me as her legal guardian. My daughter often doesn't understand things when they are presented the first time and needs several explanations or to have the subject explained in a completely different way. Dr. Gustin was always willing to do that. My daughter has gone through some very difficult medical issues for such a young woman and she never would have made it without the care and concern of this Dr. I am sorry to see him retire because change is hard for my daughter and she will instinctively not trust the new Dr. but I wish him all the best and God's blessings as he takes a well deserved break. We are loosing a doctor in every sense of the word- not only a doctor but a compassionate human being.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

I had Doctor Gustin for the birth of my babies back in 81 and 83 and he was the greatest OBGYN anybody could ask for. He aways made me feel that I was very important and always answered my questions. I did have a doctor once while he was gone on vacation that I hated very much, but I don't recall his name. I told Dr. Gustin and the nurses I would deliver in the hallway before the othe doctor touched me. If anybody happens to know what doctor that would be or have stories about him please email me. I should have contacted the police, but didn't. But again, Doctor Gustin was great. butterflyanne0@yahoo.com

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I was on a bith controle pill that was causing me chest pain, I asked to be switched off the brand of pills, he told me no, it was only anxiety i had nothing to worry about. Well I requested a diffrent brand and the chest pain stopped. He really didn't care about my well-being. He is not worth $300.00

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Gustin. He is very willing to take the time to explain the care being provided, as well as any recommendations he has for better health. His attitude and bedside manner are among the best I've experienced.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

Dr Gustin was willing to support me in having the birth that I wanted. He treated me like the informed adult that I am and when he disagreed with my choices he laid out why in a respectful manner. He truly supports women in *informed* childbirth, not just the drive through experience that most deliver.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2006

Dr. Gustin was very willing to answer all of my questions regarding any concerns. He was understanding of my choice to have a home birth with a midwife, but he also stated his concerns as well. I would have Dr. Gustin be a part of my next pregnancy as well.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2006

Dr Gustin was supportive of my wishes for a natural birth and gave me the support to help that happen. He disagreed with some of my choices and told me why, but ultimately respected that it was my body, my child, my decision. I appreciated that he could give advice but not force me to take it.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2006

Dr. Alan E. Gustin's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1974)

Ameritas