Ratings for Dr. Thomas S. Ellison

Rudest Doctor we have ever met! Super huge Ego. Staff IS GREAT! He interrupts/doesn't let you speak. Said other doctors think they are God. He needs to look in the mirror. Totally UNHELPFUL! Zero compassion. Didn't perform a thorough neurology test as we found out after going to the SE Spine Institute. He missed a simple "toe test" that could have saved weeks of agony. Would not prescribe PAIN meds. Did not explain MRI at all! Wouldn't do surgery. SE Spine said surgery was only option. HORRIBLE!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I went to see Dr Ellison for Lumbar issues, he completely disregarded everything I said about my problems with L4, L5 and S1 which causes me to feel as if I have a knife in my spine, chisel in my hip and I wake up daily with dislocated hips. Instead he decided to fix what he could a disc in my neck, he commented that he could not operate on my Lumbar or Sacrum due to Bowel obstruction or a worst outcome than I already have. After neck surgery I have issues holding my head up, Headaches have gotten worst and when I asked him for written reason why he would not operate on my Lower back where the real issue I went to see him was he said he does not believe I am disabled enough to justify commenting on it. He has the worst bedside manner, when I asked him to fill out a form that would state how he feels about my situation he said I dont believe you are disabled and walked out of the room before I could comment back. He is fully aware of my problems with my Lumbar and Sacrum and would not even discuss it... Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Absolutely terrible experience. Look around the internet and you'll see how many poor reviews this Dr. has received on many sites. There's a definite reason for it. Do yourself a favor and find someone who actually cares and has time for you. The most unprofessional Dr. and staff I have ever dealt with in my life.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Horrific incompetence among the office staff! No compassion or care. Would not recommend under any circumstance!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I feel that I was indeed fortunate to have Dr Ellison do cervical spine fusion on four levels. I had had severe pain for three months and every avenue was tried without any improvement. I had surgery six weeks ago and have had an uneventful recovery. I am pain free and back to all activity. The entire experience from the first visit has been free of any complications.. Waccamaw Hospital also is exceptional. They leave nothing undone.

Submitted May 25, 2015

Such a caring Dr. Explained condition very well and the surgery needed. Even offered to explain it to my children. I feel very secure in his care. He also performed my husbands neck surgery with amazing results.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

He is thorough, caring, intelligent with excellent training, and spends time with the patient. I trust him with my life. Where surgeons can earn quite a lot on expensive back surgery, he was honest enough to say that I needed to see a specialist in another state rather than simply operate.

Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Ellison is the best spine dr. my husband and I ever had. I am going to see him again for another back problem and driving 4 1/2 hrs to see him. Eberyone have issue with drs. but in my bok he is the best.

Submitted January 15, 2013

This doctor performed 12 surgeries on me from the first one being a simple ruptured disc. I got severe staph infections and was in the ICU every 3 weeks with sepsis. He never tried to consult other doctors regarding my case and felt the need to go in and operate every time I got sick. My disc re-herniated 3 different times and my husband and I begged him to fuse the area, he told me I was too young. Now I'm on total disability and had to have total reconstructive surgery on my lower back and I use a cane and I'm only 41. I would advise to stay away from this doctor and group!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Thomas S. Ellison's Credentials

• Bowman Gray Sch Of Med Of Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem Nc 27157 (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Murrells Inlet, SC