Ratings for Dr. Jason P. Pehling

Called on rec. of my prosthodontist. Was given appointment 23 days out and told $100 nonrefundable deposit, even if I cancelled 22 days out. Since this is a condition that often corrects itself in time, he is charging me $100 if I get better waiting on him. What a racket.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Very helpful! When I started seeing him, my jaw would open 20 degrees, now it's opening to 38degrees. He's been gentle and excellent at doing his best to make me feel comfortable through my TMJ issues.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

My oral appliance works great for my sleep apnea. I was not able to use my CPAP.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I have seen so many doctors and no one was able to help me until I saw Dr. Pehling.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

While Dr. Pehling does seem to know his craft (it's difficult to tell as he is not particularly communicative), the incompetence and general rudeness of his office staff far outweighs any benefits from a clinical perspective. A less professional, less caring physician's office is difficult to imagine. Due to their inability to process insurance claims correctly I have had to cover over $1,000.oo in fees which would have qualified had they performed their tasks correctly. In addition, I have had 2 cracked crowns, 1 broken tooth, and 1 chipped tooth since I started wearing the splint Dr. Pheling made for me. While I am not a medical or dental practitioner myself, this seems to me to be an unusually high number of occurences in a short period of time.

Submitted October 27, 2014

Very competent doctor. I can confidently recommend to anyone with TMJ issues.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Pehling seems like a knowledgeable and thorough specialty dentist but that is far outweighed by the negatives. I have to reiterate comments from others--his office staff are beyond unprofessional and are outright rude. Customer service is clearly not a priority. I would never tolerate this behavior in any of my employees. I do not recommend going to this office.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

I can open my mouth now and headaches have gone away

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Super great doctor!! He is absolutely professional in every way. Had a problem with my TMJ after a bad wisdom tooth removal and like promised, in 6 months I was good to go. He knows what he's doing and he's a super nice guy. So thankful to have found him. He takes his time with each patient and ensures quality service. The staff are friendly two, although 2 of them I have found to be a little impatient and rude. Not Dr. Pehling's fault tho. Would recommend him forsure! :-)

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Gordan who was retiring therefore I was given to the man purchasing his practice Dr. Jason Pehling. He misdiagnosed me as a locker when in fact my jaw was catching and clicking from bit misalignment and clenching. He made a splint so thick it degenerated my jaw joints rapidly within 24 months. Since I was a clencher, he should have made me a thin splint. He also did not take into consideration the current stress in my life. Every other professor doctor I have talked to would never start with a 10mm thick splint. Now I am damaged for life and there is nothing I can do about it since the TMJ is such a hard thing to deal with. Some thing work and some things don't. Definitely get a second opinion before you let his guy do anything and never let him start with a thick splint. He and his staff are very arrogant. He is supposed to be one of the best in our area and I would beg differ.

Submitted May 28, 2012

Dr. Jason P. Pehling's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)