Ratings for Dr. Edward Schechterman

Stay very far away. This man wrecked my husband's mouth & put a metal filling in my 6 yr old's mouth.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This dr has always been professional and taken care of my dental work in a caring and exact manner. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

I went to this dentist as a child. Every dentist I have been to since have told me that the person (Dr. Schechterman) who gave me my filling must of been extremely drill happy because my fillings are huge! When 3 or 4 dentists tell you the same thing you start to believe it. This guy needs his license taken away!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I had no idea how bad this dentist was until my insurance changed and I had to switch dentists. I had everything redone over the course of 2 years. The work he did on my crown caused problems that I needed to correct. A simple filing ended up needing a root canal. Now, I'm pain free with no more lasting and repetitive issues. It's so nice to have a routine cleaning and not be told you need work done. It's also nice not to have xrays done for each visit!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

The dentist and staff were both excellent. They explained everything.Everyone was so nice and polite. I would highly recommend Dr. Schechterman and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

I've been going to this practice since 1986 and will go to nobody else. The dentists are great, knowledgeable and gentle. The office is nice and the staff is professional. They run on time. They are out of network for me but I will still never change dentists.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Schechterman has old and out dated techniques. Crowns are too bulky! Posts put in wrong...bridgework is unprofessional. The office even tried to talk me out of porcelain fillings because "they don't last as long". I went somewhere else and got the porcelain fillings becuse this office was too intimidated to learn how to do them. I agree with the other posts that this office will cost you!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

great experience with the dr and the hygienist. very comfortable atmosphere, staff is very knowledgeable. and the doctor even gave us home number in case there was anything we had questions on

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Not a professional office with all the gossip overheard. Crowns are too bulky and not modern. This caused gum problems. I wasn't happy with his work and had the crown redone (another $600) and it's an amazing difference! I'm saving money and having it done right the first time. This dotor is outdated but sure charges today's top rates! Not recommended :( F-

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Went to his office and there was a dispute about my insurance bc I switched jobs and was told by the insurance company I will be covered to a certain extent. I told this to receptionist bc there were insurance issues and she said nastily "why would you think you are still covered"...bc I called the insurance co. several times and diff. ppl told me I was. Anyway my root canal wasn't done right and I was told 2 different prices by the same receptionist. He seems like an ok dr., he's nice, but you should see him if you are only going for a cleanup, but his office staff have no matters and only care about showing of their jewelry...they seem stuck up.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010