Ratings for Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla

Practice is money hungry. Listen to the reviews Shukla is not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Dr. Shukla is a wonderful doctor that provides excellent care to all her patients. If there is some way we can be of assistance please contact our office.

Submitted August 2, 2017

Staff are pleasant and Dr. B is pleasant as well. To me, customer service is very important

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Thank you for your kind words. We work hard to provide a comfortable setting for all our patients.  Nimisha Shukla M.D., F.A.A.P.

Submitted May 31, 2017

Great Staff and Doctors. We look forward to seeing all the nursing staff during our visits and doctor has an excellent bed side manner.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

My kids have been a patient here for 5 years. In 2015, this practice has become a terrible place: -This place deciding to add fees without informing others as to these changes *unwilling to work with their patients. -Their billing department is horrendous, rude and threatening. -Their doctor have been wrong on more than a few occasions -They are late to see their patients every time. I suggest any patient/parents of patients of this practice bill the office for every minute they are late, as they will bill you for every re-schedule, missed appointment and who knows maybe parking soon at this point. I have tried to reach someone in their office to discuss, but without surprise, cannot reach anyone. Dr. Shukla was great years ago, but now the office is not patient care oriented, its a cash hungry cow.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
As you have posted the same review on multiple sites, we will post the same response to each: Thank you for your feedback. Our practice is trying to reduce wait times for all patients. Late fees and no show fees are enforced as a token for achieving this goal. All billing is done by an outside vendor for clinical services. If you have any concerns that you would like to discuss with us, please leave a voicemail message directly for Dr. Shukla at extension 615 by calling 732-548-3210. Thank you.

Submitted December 27, 2016

I have to respectfully disagree with the review below. I have three children who are patients at Dr. Shukla's office. My oldest has been a patient since the practice opened. Never have I ever experienced a problem with the staff at this office or any of the doctors. The staff is always helpful, both in the office, and on the phone. anytime I ever have a concern, Nurse Cathy quickly takes my concern to the Dr. in the office and gets back to me. I was in the office on April 2, 2016 with my sick 5 year old. She was given a very thorough exam, and Dr. Shukla took time to listen to a few of my concerns. We were in and out of the office in less than an hour. This practice goes above and beyond to make sure that adequate services are provided for their patients. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your opinion is very important to us. We take pride in providing exceptional care to all of our patients and appreciate your vote of confidence.

Submitted April 13, 2016

First off this office seemed very interested in my children's health at first. When I gave birth I didn't know I was charged a fee of $495 for the doctor to say my baby was ok to go home because I never had that happen before. When I had my first son I never got a bill for something like that so when it came I contacted everyone I should have to resolve the problem but in that time my kids became ill and needed their standard immunization a for my 5 month old and 2 year old but the billing manager was very very rude and told me that Dr. Shukla would not see my kids for any reason until the bill was paid. I told him that my kids have had fevers on going and he still refused to allow the doctors in the practice to see my children. My children were so sick I had to rush them to emergency room and both had very bad bacterial infections. My 5 month old had upper respitory infection which I had an idea seeing as he had the same congestion for over a month and they kept saying there's nothing we can give him. And when I had to do a follow up with the office they told me because of the outstanding balance on my infants account they were not seeing the kids at all. So I ended up having to take both kids back to hospital because fever spiked up to 104.8. They needed antibiotics and pain relievers and decongestants. This doctor office is horrible. They are not concerned with the well being of children it's all about money. I inserts and a bill is due that why I got it in the mail. I handle that on my own time but to refuse to see a baby knowing that they have been in and out of the office for weeks straight for the same issue back and fourth to the ER and then to say no I'm not going to see them is ridiculous. I'm probably not the only one she has done this to and I'm glad I caught it early and was able to release all my children's medical records from that office. They will NEVER see a doctor like that again. I feel ashamed for the really sick children that get refusal to be seen because of outstanding balances. My children's health is way more important then a lousy $400 bill. But to have your staff member (billing manager) relay a message on your behalf instead of accepting the children to make sure they are well is beyond me. I could NEVER recommend anyone to go here because they can careless about the well being of you babies and I have a 5 month old which he was 4 months at the time they were refusing to see him and anything could have happened but lesson learned never put your trust in one doctor you have to find one that cares about the babies despite money. Now my children have a much better doctor that never refuses to see my children and has much better staffing with much positive attitudes and my children are feeling well despite the unwelcoming feeling by this office they had to go through while dealing with Dr. Shukla and her staff. Please take this as a serious matter that even though thighs seems good in the beginning the real truth always comes to the light. This doctor cannot be trusted with providing the best care for your children if she can't even see them because she is blinded by the $100 bill. Horrible experience at this facility. The only doctors I can say in the whole office that was great and tentative was Dr. Bagwah and Dr. Rama. They made sure to attend to my children's health to the best of there abilities. All the rest were horrible. Unfortunately thise two doctors aren't available to have their own practices but if they did I would only recommend their office. I hope one day they do and get out of this corrupted office.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
We are sorry that you feel this way. All our billing is outsourced to a billing company, and we have to follow their accounting practice rules. Beyond three months outstanding balances are only handled at the billing company level. The doctor's office does not have much say in how the accounts are handled. Also, hospital billing is done based on CPT guidelines. Nimisha Shukla, M.D., F.A.A.P.

Submitted March 23, 2016

Best doctor I have ever gone to. Takes time to understand.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

The worst doctor, only after money, There is a note at the door, if patient is 15 minutes late then he has to pay $10, but everytime ee go we have to wait for at least 1 hour and they don't even apologize, All the staff is extremely rude,

Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
I appreciate all patient feedback. Please let me know details of your wait time and I will find out reason for the delay. Doctors do not have control on complexity of illness or emergency calls or hospital issues and sometimes delays can occur. But please let me know details of your appointment date to figure what the glitch was. Late fees are kept for reducing the wait time only. When patients arrive late even by 5 mins towards end of the day, it adds up and wait time increases. We assess $10 as a late fee only to reduce the wait time for other patients. Nimisha Shukla, M.D., F.A.A.P.

Submitted January 11, 2016

I highly beg to differ with the below posted comment on Dr Shukla's office experience. My children have been with Dr. Shukla for years now and would not go anywhere else. Dr. Shukla, and or any other doctor I have seen in this group have always been highly patient oriented and have gone above and beyond for my children. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I think that the on call service is great because you are able to reach a live nurse even after hours. There is no other office that can do this for their patients and it is very convenient that they are there every day of the week including Sundays. It goes a long way when I have class parents from my child's school tell me that my son is referring all his classmates to his doctor!!! I would not hesitate to recommend this group of doctors to anyone anywhere. Thank you to this practice for always being there for my children!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for appreciating our services. It truly means a lot for patients to recognize how hard we strive to go the extra mile. Thank you for your loyalty.

Submitted October 30, 2015

My 7 month old son was recently became very sick with stomach virus and was in and out of hospital for 1 week. He stopped feeding for few days and became dehydrated . I tried to call Doctor on call during the night, which they charge $20 for each call, and I didn't get a return our call. When I called during the day, the staff would purposely hang up the phone once they saw my phone number on their caller ID. On Friday, I called Dr Shukla office, once my son started forcefully vomiting non-stop and then started vomiting out mucus as he had nothing left in his little tummy. He became so weak that he couldn't even cry. I called Dr Shukla office around 1:30pm once this started happening and the nurse told me to wait and see how my son does after 1/2 hour and to stop by office @3pm because all the doctors were out for lunch and were not reachable. I was furious as this was an emergency!! I didn't want to take my son back to the hospital and get his blood work and chest x-rays again, he's way too young to be getting this over and over again! The nurse that was at the office didn't even tell us to come in so she can take a look at my son until the doctor gets to the office. Basically the doctors lunch is much more important than an infant being sick. So if there's an emergency, you have no advice from any doctor because they are busy eating and should not be disturbed even for a phone call! We tried to call then back the next day to take a look at my son and were told by the staff that the Doctor Shukla will not allow us at their office again! She is only after the money and doesn't really care for her sick patients! Absolutely ridiculous!

Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1985)

Amerihealth