Ratings for Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla

what an unprofessional and insane person doctor Nimisha Shukla. She is really a nasty doctor. She not only screwed up my baby ear holes but also does not know how to treat and handle the babies. If you love ur baby please AVOID visiting this doctor for ear piercing, you will really regret later. Shukla (I hate to call her as doctor) was literally shivering while pressing the clips and made a scratch on baby earlobes in first attempt and made the holes at unmarked places(for both ears). 3 people hold my 8 months baby , so she was unmovable at that time. But still she couldn’t able to do her job. baby was crying and she removed one of the ear ring without asking us. Seriously, is this the way u treat babies ? What a bloody stupid human being.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

All she cares about is $$$$$! She will nickle and dime you. in all my years of being a parent I have never had a physician charge me $20 if I call them after hours. IT IS CALLED AN EMERGENCY!!! Money hungry, unprofessional!!!!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Does not spend enough time diagnosing, listening to parents and giving feedback.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Practice is money hungry. Listen to the reviews Shukla is not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Dr. Shukla is a wonderful doctor that provides excellent care to all her patients. If there is some way we can be of assistance please contact our office.

Submitted August 2, 2017

Staff are pleasant and Dr. B is pleasant as well. To me, customer service is very important

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Thank you for your kind words. We work hard to provide a comfortable setting for all our patients.  Nimisha Shukla M.D., F.A.A.P.

Submitted May 31, 2017

Great Staff and Doctors. We look forward to seeing all the nursing staff during our visits and doctor has an excellent bed side manner.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

My kids have been a patient here for 5 years. In 2015, this practice has become a terrible place: -This place deciding to add fees without informing others as to these changes *unwilling to work with their patients. -Their billing department is horrendous, rude and threatening. -Their doctor have been wrong on more than a few occasions -They are late to see their patients every time. I suggest any patient/parents of patients of this practice bill the office for every minute they are late, as they will bill you for every re-schedule, missed appointment and who knows maybe parking soon at this point. I have tried to reach someone in their office to discuss, but without surprise, cannot reach anyone. Dr. Shukla was great years ago, but now the office is not patient care oriented, its a cash hungry cow.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
As you have posted the same review on multiple sites, we will post the same response to each: Thank you for your feedback. Our practice is trying to reduce wait times for all patients. Late fees and no show fees are enforced as a token for achieving this goal. All billing is done by an outside vendor for clinical services. If you have any concerns that you would like to discuss with us, please leave a voicemail message directly for Dr. Shukla at extension 615 by calling 732-548-3210. Thank you.

Submitted December 27, 2016

I have to respectfully disagree with the review below. I have three children who are patients at Dr. Shukla's office. My oldest has been a patient since the practice opened. Never have I ever experienced a problem with the staff at this office or any of the doctors. The staff is always helpful, both in the office, and on the phone. anytime I ever have a concern, Nurse Cathy quickly takes my concern to the Dr. in the office and gets back to me. I was in the office on April 2, 2016 with my sick 5 year old. She was given a very thorough exam, and Dr. Shukla took time to listen to a few of my concerns. We were in and out of the office in less than an hour. This practice goes above and beyond to make sure that adequate services are provided for their patients. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your opinion is very important to us. We take pride in providing exceptional care to all of our patients and appreciate your vote of confidence.

Submitted April 13, 2016

First off this office seemed very interested in my children's health at first. When I gave birth I didn't know I was charged a fee of $495 for the doctor to say my baby was ok to go home because I never had that happen before. When I had my first son I never got a bill for something like that so when it came I contacted everyone I should have to resolve the problem but in that time my kids became ill and needed their standard immunization a for my 5 month old and 2 year old but the billing manager was very very rude and told me that Dr. Shukla would not see my kids for any reason until the bill was paid. I told him that my kids have had fevers on going and he still refused to allow the doctors in the practice to see my children. My children were so sick I had to rush them to emergency room and both had very bad bacterial infections. My 5 month old had upper respitory infection which I had an idea seeing as he had the same congestion for over a month and they kept saying there's nothing we can give him. And when I had to do a follow up with the office they told me because of the outstanding balance on my infants account they were not seeing the kids at all. So I ended up having to take both kids back to hospital because fever spiked up to 104.8. They needed antibiotics and pain relievers and decongestants. This doctor office is horrible. They are not concerned with the well being of children it's all about money. I inserts and a bill is due that why I got it in the mail. I handle that on my own time but to refuse to see a baby knowing that they have been in and out of the office for weeks straight for the same issue back and fourth to the ER and then to say no I'm not going to see them is ridiculous. I'm probably not the only one she has done this to and I'm glad I caught it early and was able to release all my children's medical records from that office. They will NEVER see a doctor like that again. I feel ashamed for the really sick children that get refusal to be seen because of outstanding balances. My children's health is way more important then a lousy $400 bill. But to have your staff member (billing manager) relay a message on your behalf instead of accepting the children to make sure they are well is beyond me. I could NEVER recommend anyone to go here because they can careless about the well being of you babies and I have a 5 month old which he was 4 months at the time they were refusing to see him and anything could have happened but lesson learned never put your trust in one doctor you have to find one that cares about the babies despite money. Now my children have a much better doctor that never refuses to see my children and has much better staffing with much positive attitudes and my children are feeling well despite the unwelcoming feeling by this office they had to go through while dealing with Dr. Shukla and her staff. Please take this as a serious matter that even though thighs seems good in the beginning the real truth always comes to the light. This doctor cannot be trusted with providing the best care for your children if she can't even see them because she is blinded by the $100 bill. Horrible experience at this facility. The only doctors I can say in the whole office that was great and tentative was Dr. Bagwah and Dr. Rama. They made sure to attend to my children's health to the best of there abilities. All the rest were horrible. Unfortunately thise two doctors aren't available to have their own practices but if they did I would only recommend their office. I hope one day they do and get out of this corrupted office.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's response
We are sorry that you feel this way. All our billing is outsourced to a billing company, and we have to follow their accounting practice rules. Beyond three months outstanding balances are only handled at the billing company level. The doctor's office does not have much say in how the accounts are handled. Also, hospital billing is done based on CPT guidelines. Nimisha Shukla, M.D., F.A.A.P.

Submitted March 23, 2016

Best doctor I have ever gone to. Takes time to understand.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Nimisha J. Shukla's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1985)