Dr. Frederick F. Buechel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Frederick F. Buechel

Dr. Buechel performed a total ankle replacement on me in 2014 and all went perfectly. I have since developed severe arthritis in my foot which no Dr. could help me with. Today I went back to visit Dr. Buechel who opened my eyes to oxygen ozone therapy. I entered the office with a pain level of 10, left with a 2 and now several hours later I feel like a million dollars. This alternative medicine is not covered by medical but worth every penny. Dr. Buechel once again was the only surgeon that could help me and the only Dr. that has ever mentioned this alternative treatment. Dr. Buechel also is the only Dr. I know of that actual takes time to diagnose your problem instead of sitting typing into a computer which has been my experience lately. I thank God daily for Dr. Buechel and his kind staff. Gail Ann Meloro 9/7/2017

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

A HIGHLY REPUTABLE SURGEON IN OUR AREA ! I have heard this doctor's name for so many years, but when I needed a knee replacement this was the man I wanted to see. He spent so much time with me, his staff is very supportive, all my questions were answered. The person who coordinated my surgery was awesome & was very knowledgeable in answering my questions and concerns. My surgery went very smoothly, the scar is beautiful , healed well. The entire process from the appointment to my post-op care was smooth and such low anxiety. Than k God for this man !!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I saw Dr. Buechel after I had seen an orthopaedic surgeon at the Hospital for Special Surgery. The surgeon from Hospital for Special Surgery was rude, pompous and answered his cell phone during my consultation. A woman at my gym said a famous doctor was right here in NJ and she wrote his name. I was able to get a convenient appointment with the pleasant staff member, brought my xrays and couldn't believe how down-to-earth Dr. Buechel is. I scheduled my surgery while I was in the office, I was so impressed and very confident.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I cannot believe that I was able to see a very famous doctor right here in NJ. The staff is so friendly, I felt comfortable immediately. He answered all my questions, was kind - wonderful bedside manner. I didn't feel as if he couldn't wait to cut me open. He was upfront, honest, reviewed my xrays, discussed alternatives, recommended some supplements for inflammation since I hate to take pills. I need a knee replacement but he said not right now and honestly, he is right. The pain isn't all that bad but I did want to know what was going on with my knee. I give this doctor and office 10 stars !!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

This doctor stands above the rest. IN addition to answering all my questions, he was concerned about my overall health. He made recommendations of supplements for me to discuss with my primary doctor. His staff is very friendly and when you call you get a PERSON - you don't have to go through voice response systems. The manager is a very attractive woman, Donna, who is very knowledgeable. The medical staff is great and the rest of the staff is really very helpful. I have been treated by other orthopaedic doctors and this group is outstanding.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Dr. Frederick F. Buechel's Credentials

Dr. Buechel (pronounced Bee-kul) is an internationally recognized expert in the field of Total joint Replacements of the ankle, knee, hip and shoulder. He has designed and implanted more than 2,000 artificial joints. He is Chief of Total Joint Reconstruction and Arthritis Surgery at the NJ Medical School.

• English

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1971)

• Seton Hall University Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Wrestling
  • N.J. AAU- State Wrestling Champion (1965-1971)
  • Founder's Award for Resident Research-Eastern Orthopaedic Association
  • Emmet Lunceford Scientific Award, OST Society
  • Top Doctors
  • NJ Monthly Doctor of the Year
  • Arthritis Foundation Orthopaedist of the Year
  • NJSII NJ State Wrestling Champion (1963)

• Numerous publications, available upon request.

Pacificare