Ratings for Dr. Donald S. Corenman

Horrible horrible horrible experience. Had a lumbar fusion with Corenman 5+ years ago. Before the surgery, I was still able to ski, snowshoe, hike, mountain bike, ride, dance, run...everything. Just a lot of stiffness in the morning which subsided 20 minutes after I got up. Also, the car was my worst enemy. He told me my condition needed surgery to avoid further damage to my vertebrae. Now, all these years later, I am still in excruciating pain, have been to the Mayo Clinic along with scores of other orthopedic surgeons all over the country. There is nothing that can be done to reverse this botched job and alleviate my life-altering chronic pain. It feels as though surgery is being performed on my spine without the benefit of anesthesia. This intense pain all day long. Along with all the activities and more that I mentioned above, I can no longer even cook because I can't stand for more than a couple of minutes without wanting to scream. The medical and pharmaceudical bills are staggering. In addition to seeking help from orthopedic surgeons all over the country, I have been to scores of pain management doctors. I have received everything from lumbar facet injections done under anesthesia to ketamine infusions and nothing even takes the edge off. The pain, neurological and anti-depressant meds, that seem not to help at all until I try to wean off them, are ruining my mind. My life is forever changed due to this butcher. I will never again be able to enjoy my life the way I once did or be the happy-go-lucky, free spirited, pain-free, world-traveling person that I was my entire life leading up to this surgery. In fact, I will never be able to travel again. Do yourself a favor and stay as far away as you can from Corenman. He even washed his hands of me, as he does of all his patients immediately following the surgery. He may have been a decent doc years ago, but his time has come and gone and thanks to him, so has mine.

Submitted March 6, 2018

Dr. Corenman changed my life! He performed an ACDF at C2-3 and I woke up after surgery with no pain. Thank you Dr. Corenman.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I had a cervical fusion and all my pain is gone! Dr. Corenman is an excellent surgeon and his staff ...just amazing!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

had lumbar spinal fusion L5-S1 late 2012, by 6 of 2013 having serious problems and pain, told Drs after woke up from surgery something was very wrong, left me in icu for four days and discharged, could not move for two weeks without severe pain, so 6 months after surg saw another ortho specialist and reviewed disco gram and mri s prior to surgery, tests prior to surg revealed that K3 ,L4,L5 and S1 were all pain generators, feel that they did what was convenient for dr.c and now they will not see me again, surgery was so traumatic, is now 4 years later, still have major problems and U of Co. Drs. want to fuse 4 levels, scared to death from 1st fusion experience, option is to find dr. for severe pain management and will do this rather than suffer trauma experienced at the hands of Steadman Hawkins clinic and Vail Co hospital, had to write this , had several good refs for dr. corenman but something went wrong and still is to this day 2016

Submitted February 28, 2016

A Doctor that will spend time with you, takes great care of you! He explains what your problem is, showes you models of your bones and how your pain is caused, then gives you a list of videos to watch so that you can be highly informed before you decide to have surgery. He also has a great sense of humor!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Donald S. Corenman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Donald Corenman, MD, DC is a Colorado spine surgeon that has been practicing in Vail, Colorado for over 20 years at The Steadman Clinic. Double board certified in Chiropractic Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Corenman provides unique, comprehensive care for each patient.

• English

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)
  • California State University Northridge (Grad. 1975)

• Spinal fusion
  • Spinal cord injury
  • Spinal stenosis
  • Lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
  • Neck pain
  • Back pain

• Wayne State University Dean’s Letter: “His year III record would place him at about the top of his class.”
  • Top 10% nationally in National Board, Orthopaedic Board Scores
  • Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management “100 of the Best Spine Specialists in America”, 2011
  • Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management “12 spine Surgeons for Professional Athletes,” 2011

MB Health