Ratings for Dr. James E. Pica

The Doctor walked into the exam room and was immediately barking at me in a irritated manner. He never introduced himself to me or anything. I had an embarrassing boil in my buttocks area, I tried explaining that I had it for over a week (spent the week waiting for my apt), but that it had burst that morning. It wasn't bleeding at home, but started while I was in the waiting room. He barked at me to stop talking and show it to him. He then yelled at me for bleeding on the floor and to pull my pants back up and put the packing back in that I had there as a precaution in case it did start bleeding. He would ask me questions, but then yell at me before I could even answer. He never looked at or attended the open wound at all. He asked me what the ER gave me the last time I had it (ER told me it was a reoccuring thing, and to see a Dermatologist the next time I got it) and called in a prescription for the same antibiotic and told me to go to the hospital if the bleeding didn't stop cause I could bleed out?!?

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Doctor never introduced himself; had no coat with a name or ID badge. I was concerned about a recurrence of basal cell carcinoma where I had a MOHS procedure done for basal cell 15 years ago.This was/is on my face. The man who I assume was the doctor said he couldn't see the scar from the MOHS so just had to assume it was where I said it was. He took NO time to examine as it is evident, but the previous dermatologist took care in suturing the skin to create a minimal scar. No blood pressure taken; no confirming questions regarding allergy to local anesthetics/epinephrine.Biopsy done,no possible complications discussed. 99203 office visit and biopsy charged and completed all in less than 15 minutes.Three weeks post biopsy there is a gouge out of my face. Too bad after the previous doc took such care. I have requested a copy of the pathology report and office notes three times, but received nothing to date. I am also a physician, but never identify myself as such. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Dr. James E. Pica's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

GHI