Ratings for Dr. Cristina Drafta

Cristina Drafta is an excellent doctor. She is very friendly and knows his profession. She explained me my problem in a deeply way and interacted with me in a friendly way. Her Spanish is excellent and this issue helped me a lot because my English is not very fluent. I am very comfortable with her like my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

She correctly diagnosed me with Myasthenia Gravis with MUSK but admitted she was unfamiliar with this autoimmune disease. She encouraged me to seek a second opinion and even consulted with the other doctor. After my second hospitalization, she told me because this is a refractory disease and she is not an expert (her words), we needed direction on how to proceed with treatment. She insisted we go to the Duke Univ. Hospital in NC to see “the experts”. After her consultation with that doctor @ Duke all seemed well. Two months later, my mother disagreed with her on the timing of a procedure because she observed regressive symptoms. While in NC, I saw the doctor @ Duke and he confirmed the procedure should wait. Dr. Drafta became extremely angry with my mother. She yelled @ her about “going over her head”. She told her, "you are not a doctor..find another doctor who will take your insurance.." Why would her ego get in the way of our consulting with the very experts she sent me to?

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013