Ratings for Dr. Ratan K. Ahuja

I am sure he is very knowledgeable, but I warn people about making him your cardiologists. Previous comments are valid...long waiting times, not very informative, himself and the staff are not very helpful at all. He refused to fill out documents I needed for disability insurance to have income while I was not able to work and documents I needed to secure my job while I was out. In addition, he would not refill medications he had prescribed for me while I was hospitalized. Instead, he referred both the documents and refills to my primary care physician who was unable to help me because he had not seen me during the entire time of my medical situation. Dr. Ahuja was the responsible physician and he claimed to me and my primary physician's office that "it was not his policy" to complete this paperwork. Completely unprofessional and absolutely no empathy for my situation.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

No respect for peaple. Both him and his wife are money maker and careless for humans.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Exellent doctor and experience. I love the staff and the office is very clean.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

He is an excellent Doctor. Best cardiologist in the area.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. R. Ahuja for 12 years. Sadly, I was one of the patients he may have been saving on a given day. When I had my heart attack, he was promptly at bedside and made sure that I would live to see my grand kids. Over the many years, he has always demonstrated nothing other than compassion. By the grace of God, he orders all of the appropriate tests year after year in order to ensure that I stay alive. Recently, he ordered a holter monitor and found that my heart rhythm was not right and I needed a pacemaker. Once again, he may have saved my life... For this I am grateful and always recommend him to all of my friends and family without reservation.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

First visit waited 1-1/2 hours, second visit waited 2+ hours,30 people were in the waiting room when I arrived for my 4:00PM appointment. When I told Dr. I did not think if was fair to his patients to overbook like that, he became very arrogant, and that he had patients who thought of him AS A GOD because he had saved their lives!(I thought doctors were supposed to save their patients lives. That is what they are paid VERY WELL to do.)I'm sure that if he had to get up in the middle of the night to save someone's life he would charge them for it. If his motives were altruistic, he would have stayed in New Deli to treat the poor. He's no Mother Theresa. Obviously he's here for the money. He even charges $10.00 to place the clip on your finger to check your oxygen level and $10.00 to take your blood pressure. I told him I would find another Cardiologist and wouldn't be back, he told me he didn't want me for a patient, and even sent me a certified letter to that effect. Good Hank Kline

Submitted March 8, 2013

What made my experience horrible was the staff, in the Orange City Office. I came to the office suffering from chest pain and stress, and all they did was add stress to me. I feel if you do not like to help others maybe this is not the profession for you.

Submitted October 29, 2012

This was my third appointment and he, again, was two hours late in seeing me. You wait long times in the waiting room and then again in the examining room. Then he takes calls during your appointment time and conducts TWO comversations at the same time. How does he concentrate on taking care of a patient when he's multi-tasking?????

Submitted March 29, 2011

This Dr. might be good andcordial but this is our experience.We have gone to him a few times i 1 yr b/c he's our option in our insurance. He has ordered quite a few different(expensive) tests which he does at his own office, reads them and always says everything is fine,even though I have begged him to take some time to talk to my husband who continues to gain weight and make irresponsible choices with food. It seems like he only cares about having people do those tests but does not take time to educate or coach his patients to help them make changes . He is younger and my impression is that when he sees people who are 60 + he might believe that we have already lived our lives and that people have to die of something. After waiting for hours in the waiting room, he comes in the cubicle, says hi, turns around to read the patient's results his computer, says everything's well, order more tests in 6 months and leaves. I am changing insurance to find a more mature, caring cardiologist.

Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Ratan K. Ahuja's Credentials

• Univ Coll Of Med Scis, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Orange City, FL