Ratings for Dr. Sheila A. Copple

We've always had compatible, long term relationships with our physicians until Dr. Copple. Everyone has a bad day but she was abrupt, condescending and rushed. Her M.A. was distressed at even being in the room with her. WARNING: UC Health cherry picks the reviews on their physicians. That is a fact. We have since had other medical personnel tell us her reputation is not what UC Health would have you believe. Caution!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

I found Dr. Copple to be very prompt. She was extremely personable. She spent as much time as I needed with me answering all of my questions and addressing all of my issuers. It does take quite some time to get an initial appointment however I couldn't be happier. She is extremely thourough !

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I saw a GI specialist within the same system that Dr. Copple works in, U of CO Health. He said I need Dilaudad to manage the pain of my condition, because they could not fix it. He referred me to my primary care doctor for the medication so it can be managed locally. When I met with Dr. Copple, my primary care physician, she didn't even want to talk to me about pain meds. She simply immediately said "no". Then she wanted to argue with me that Dilaudad was contraindicated for stomach issues. Instead of trying to help me, she just cut me off and refused. Then she told me to go find another GI doc who would prescribe it. There was no empathy for my situation AT ALL. I was now in the middle of 2 doctors and very frustrated as neither of them was willing to help me and every time I eat, I feel like there is a time bomb waiting to explode with pain. All she wanted to do was argue with me. As I was leaving I mumbled that she was a cold hearted beotch (which she is). No bedside manner at all. So, she called and told me she was going to drop me as a patient and ....ready for this, she was going to go tattle to my Oncologist about my behavior. She happens to be best friends with my Oncologist. So, essentially, she was going to try and get my oncologist to also drop me as a patient. So much for her oath of 'first do no harm'. Instead she should have tried to help me navigate the system and get the help I need. Horrible doctor!! Don't go to her.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

This is the worst doctor that I have ever encountered in 30 years of using medical services. She has no empathy for you as a patient; has no interest in hearing what your concerns might be and cuts off any efforts on your part to engage in a discussion. I don't think she spent more than 5 minutes during our appointment (it was a regular 6-month visit). She blasted through my blood results, simply saying all my numbers looked perfect. She finished by telling me my next appointment would be with her physician's assistant. I think she has almost no knowledge of medicine and cannot run the risk of being exposed by questions from her patients. The hospital should get rid of her, or put her to work in some other capacity than the one she is in.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Copple is easily the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met! She didn't greet or acknowledge me, didn't listen to ANY of my health concerns (and I don't mean she disregarded them; she literally cut me off mid-sentence for 20 minutes and didn't allow me to explain my reason for the visit) and scolded me for not following up with a GI specialist or OBGYN (both of which I HAD seen). She belittled me, made me feel like I was to blame for getting sick, and then told me my problem was that I had anxiety once I started crying. Worst healthcare experience of my life. I wouldn't let my worst enemy go to Dr. Copple if they were dying.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I was looking forward to finding a great new doctor since my last one left. Unfortunately, I went in for my physical with my concerns but the doctor entered the room in a whirlwind rush and ran through my list and basically dismissed all my concerns. She seemed to be there to get my pabsmear over with and get on to the next patient as quick as possible. She also assured me any blood work done during the physical would be covered by insurance because I was concerned about the added cost. I normally just go to Skyline and pay out of pocket for blood draws because it is less expensive. Unfortunately, half of the blood draws were not covered. I understand all these doctors are under time constraints now and need to just get in/get out but my last doc did not do that or if she did, she still showed genuine interest with all of my concerns, charted them, and discussed solutions. I'm back to the drawing board again searching for a great doc!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

I saw Dr Copple twice. First visit two vaccines were given by her nurse with one for Shingles done very poorly. Dr Copple never offered to correct this injection with a booster or otherwise on the second visit when I was treated like part of an assembly line. Third supposed visit was in November 2013 when covered with what appeared to be Shingles outbreak. Told to arrive early and see Dr Copple's PA. 45 Minutes later no one ever saw me and I left very sick, upset to tears and feeling so discouraged. After many phone calls I did find a new female doctor who cares about her patients. Sue M.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr. Sheila A. Copple's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union