Ratings for Dr. Edward K. Bartels

Very great doctor!! Always concern about his patience never had a issue! Deliver both of my kids!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Bartels needs to review his medical ethics and check his sexist privilege. Respectful, benevolent care is the foundational pillar for practicing medicine. When you laugh at young female's pain due to your own limitation in treating her condition you escape taking accountability by then suggesting she try antidepressants or a glass of wine. You may have a license to practice medicine and wear the righteous white coat but this in NO WAY grants you permission to belittle, shame or reduce a person's dignity. Patients come to you expecting to be cared for, not judged. It may be time to retire that coat old man because your lack of empathy says more about you not only as a doctor but as a human being.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I would never refer Dr. Bartels to anyone! He told me I have large cysts in both ovaries and it may be ovarian cancer. So he scheduled a laparatomy and ten minutes before I left my house he called and cancelled the surgery. He tried to blame it on my fmd saying she prescribed the wrong blood thinner when he was the one who prescribed it. When I told him I was very upset that he was canceling right then he told me he had another phone call and hung up on me. He is very wishy-washy about his diagnosis and treatment plans which leaves me with no answers.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Rude front desk, rude doctor. Both doctors and nurses talk about you soon as you turn your back Wait for me to leave the room at least!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Awful experience. Will not return. Terrible front office staff, very rude.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Best ob/gyn hands down. Has a vast array of knowledge and is kind and has the best bedside manner. Nice office and wonderful staff, just love him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Dr. Bartels delivered my first born and did a supurb job. I trust him and believe he is the best Dr. anyone can find in western N.Y. He is also very professional each and every time we see each other. I hope he is still in practice when my 2 girls are ready to have families.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Office staff is a mix of nice and totally rude people. Wait times are often atrocious - one nurse had the gall to remark on my swollen ankles and I told her that waiting in the office for an hour certainly didn't help. Most of his staff discourage/counsel you out attempting VBACs, and this practice has no midwives, which is a drawback. Dr. Bartels is friendly and caring enough.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

This doctor saved my babies life by convincing me to do an emergency c-section when the doctors and nurses at the hospital were encouraging me to just keep pushing. He was the only one that took charge and said no, she is my patient and I say that baby is in danger and we are going in. I literally had to trust him with my baby's life and once they got my baby safely out, he came up near my head and told me that they had to unravel the umbilical cord three times from around his neck & that we did the right thing by having the surgery. So I literally could have given brith to a still born if it weren't for this saint of a doctor. Don't let his dry sense of humor fool you - he is a great doc who knows his stuff and always does what is best for you and your baby!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Have been a patient of Dr. Bartels for 25 years and would not go anywhere else. Listens and gives good advice. His punctuality has gotten better!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2011

Dr. Edward K. Bartels's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

AARP