Ratings for Dr. Leonard J. Weiss

A horrible experience. I read the reviews and thought they were just exaggerating. No it really is as bad as the reviews describe.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Filled out several pages of info through his website, waited for the acknowledgement email which you're required to receive before calling to schedule an appointment. Got the email which asked to fill out the attached form (all the same info already filled out online initially), got the appointment now about ten days after initial contact. The forms STRESS punctuality and how if you're more than 5 minutes late you will be billed for the appointment and rescheduled. Drove 40 minutes to get to the 9am appointment and was greeted by basically an intern; Next established that Dr. Weiss was not coming in but I could come back at 1pm if I chose or reschedule for a month and a half out. I just told them to cancel and left...what a pathetic excuse for a business, let alone a business that is supposed to help people experiencing emotional and/or mental issues. Clearly this Dr. does NOT care about other people in the least!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

MOST UNPROFESSIONAL OFFICE. Doesn't even deserve this required one star. Dr. Weiss does NOT show up to his committed, scheduled appointments, that patients have gone out of their way to make (the paperwork is 13 pages long, they expect you do all the work of checking up with your insurance, pharmacy, etc.). The staff is uninformed of their Doctor's whereabouts, stating Dr. Weiss "is supposed to be here. I don't know where he is." They expect patients to be strictly punctual (if you are so much as 5 (five!!!) min late, you NEED to reschedule and you WILL be charged a fee). They also don't inform you that if Dr. Weiss decides to take the day off, you will instead be seeing their NURSE (NOT the doctor), but you WILL be charged the exact same fee.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I want to start by saying that Dr. Weiss doesn't seem like a bad doctor. He seems to know a lot about his field and is well-qualified. This review is about my personal experience with him in office and not about his competency. Dr. Weiss expressed very little interest in helping me other than making me feel nervous and upset during my appointments. We would discuss my medications and adjust them accordingly, but really never developed a relationship beyond that. He did recommend me to the IOP that really helped me learn coping skills for my anxiety disorder and I do thank him for that. I am soft-spoken and he continually asked me to talk more loudly until I would become flustered. He never really gave me a diagnosis, but just went off of what I said that I thought that I had based on my own research. My anxiety about going to speak with him would get so bad that I couldn't even get to the appointment without feeling like my stomach was tangled up in knots. He has some very odd mannerisms about him, consistently drinking out of his cup and shaking his knees in his chair while he talks. After I had been seeing him for nearly two months already, he didn't recognize me and really didn't bother to look up my name on the chart before calling me back. It really didn't inspire a lot of confidence. Both the pharmacist and the disability claims administrator had trouble reading his handwriting. I think it would benefit Dr. Weiss greatly to update to an electronic system. If you like a doctor who is more aloof, no-nonsense and behind-the-times in technology, then Dr. Weiss may be your guy. If you are like me and incredibly sensitive/intuitive, he's not going to be what you need.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have been to Dr. Weiss for several years and I have been very impressed with his incredible depth of knowledge in things like interpersonal neurobiology as well as having so much knowledge about medicine and addiction. He is incredibly bright and very kind. You might sense he is a tad anxious but you can tell he really means to do well by his patients and that means a lot.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I showed up for my scheduled appointment only to wait 40 minutes in the waiting room. He thought dextramphetime was a generic name for adderall, factoid: it's not. This guy also requires you take psychological testing for him to prescribe you ADD meds. I think he has some kind of deal with the psychologist who does the testing because the AMA doesn't require it. He has a horrible attitude and is all around not knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Weiss is a really wonderful doctor. I have worked with a couple psychiatrists over the years and never had someone breakdown exactly what was going on with me in the way he did. It helped me to understand the physiological, pharmacological, and psychological components of my treatment. All of this has made a huge difference in getting better and feeling confident about my treatment. Thank you Dr. Weiss!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

When I first came into treatment I found the world confusing and baffling. After a couple of months of new therapy with Dr. Weiss I began to see the world in a different perspective. Dr. Weiss greatest contribution to my mental health was helping me to deal with life of life's terms. I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Dr. Weiss is direct and straight forward in his manner and approach. I prefer this when talking with doctors. He is very knowledgeable and encourages me to have a deeper understanding of my problems. He introduced me to the work of Dr.Sarno which has made a world of difference to the way I view health. I am grateful for Dr. Weiss's help.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Dr. Leonard J. Weiss's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)