Ratings for Dr. Douglas E. Politz

Dr. Politz performed my parathyroid surgery a week ago. He explained the surgery beforehand and spoke with my husband and I afterward during recovery. He called me at home that evening to check on me. I felt very comfortable with him and have had no post-op problems.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Politz and the staff at the Norman Parathroid Center. My surgery went well, he explained the procedure and answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I felt that this practice truly knew my problem and addressed it much better than my doctors in my home state.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

superb endocrine surgeon. established a strong bond and instilled confidence from the moment we talked. did a great job. i am a retired surgeon and came from california to see him. he has my highest recommendation

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

My surgery was 6-12-2015...I praise Dr Politz, Dr McDaniels and all the staff...everyone was so informative and nice. I was naturally apprehensive at first but I soon felt I was in a good place where I could have confidence in the doctors and staff. I'm so glad I opted to come here. I would highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Center. Thank you all so much.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I had the best experience I could ever imagine with Dr. Politz and his staff. I had a re-do surgery done after a failed surgery in Canada from a General Surgeon who does not do more than a handful of parathyroid surgeries a year. I should have come here for the first one but wanted to save some money. If you don't have your health, you have nothing. I have the highest recommendation for having your parathyroid surgery performed in Tampa.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Great experience from start to finish. Courteous staff, caring doctors!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

The surgeons at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa are wonderful. I am from Rochester, NY and had no trouble scheduling my surgical date and hotel thanks to the incredibly thorough information that both the center's staff and website provide. Dr. Politz and Dr. Lopez provided exceptional care and made me feel very comfortable before the surgery. I would highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Center and it surgeons based on my experience.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I am very glad that my family doctor picked up on my parathyroidism condition early on and recommended the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. My tumor was removed by Dr. Politz and Dr. Boone on September, 24, 2014. Beginning with my first contact with the clinic over the phone and throughout the entire procedure, I was met with competent, caring professionals who guided me through the process. When it was determined that I was a candidate for the surgery, they arranged in a timely fashion for me to come to Tampa. Within 24 hours of my arrival in the city, I was on my way back home...cured!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

September 22, 2014 Jim Norman and Deva Boone removed a bad parathyroid gland. My consultation surgeon is Doug Politz. The care exhibited by Jim, Deva, and Doug pre and post op was very caring and precise. The entire staff at the Norman Parathyroid Clinic are to be commended for their professionalism and care. I had surgery in the morning, went out to lunch, checked into a different hotel, walked around the town of Dunedin, FL, and went out to dinner with friends. This group knows what they are doing and how to do it. The information provided on parathyroid.com and on their youtube videos is outstanding. It answers almost every question a patient may have regarding parathyroid issues. I totally recommend Jim Norman, Doug Poulitz, and Deva Boone who I have first hand experience with before and after surgery.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Thank God for the team at the Norman Parathyroid Center!!! I'm from Toronto, Canada and I had no idea my parathyroid mass would be complicated until after I woke up from surgery. The inexperienced doctors here (who all claimed to be experts) made a mess of my case by doing biopsy (4 needles!) on a parathyroid cyst, which they had incorrectly diagnosed as thyroid cysts. The biopsies made the fluid from the parathyroid mass leak around the thyroid and vocal cord nerve and created a larger mass which turned a straight forward MIRP surgery into microscopic surgery, which took longer, and was much more complicated. (If you have a parathyroid problem, don't get any biopsies!!!) Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz did an amazing job removing the mass intact and did not damage my vocal cord nerve. I can still speak!!! I am very lucky I went to Tampa. Thanks to all the good people at NPC and TGH who took care of me like Family. Pray you fall into good hands, and choose your Surgeon wisely. God Bless.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Dr. Douglas E. Politz's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Wesley Chapel, FL