Ratings for Dr. Douglas E. Politz

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Politz and the entire staff at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Everything was clearly explained and the process ran like a well oiled machine but yet was very personal. The anesthesiologist spent time with me and reviewed my history with past surgeries so he could adjust the type of anesthesia I received to ensure I would be comfortable post op. Dr. Politz talked to my husband and myself for quite a while both pre and post parathryroidectomy and made sure he had a correct telephone number to contact me that evening at our hotel. I had absolutely no post operative complications and was able to fly home on a 7am flight the morning following surgery! If you have hyperparathyroidism - do not hesitate to go to the Norman Parathyroid Center for your care.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Politz performed my parathyroid surgery a week ago. He explained the surgery beforehand and spoke with my husband and I afterward during recovery. He called me at home that evening to check on me. I felt very comfortable with him and have had no post-op problems.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Politz and the staff at the Norman Parathroid Center. My surgery went well, he explained the procedure and answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I felt that this practice truly knew my problem and addressed it much better than my doctors in my home state.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

superb endocrine surgeon. established a strong bond and instilled confidence from the moment we talked. did a great job. i am a retired surgeon and came from california to see him. he has my highest recommendation

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

My surgery was 6-12-2015...I praise Dr Politz, Dr McDaniels and all the staff...everyone was so informative and nice. I was naturally apprehensive at first but I soon felt I was in a good place where I could have confidence in the doctors and staff. I'm so glad I opted to come here. I would highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Center. Thank you all so much.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I had the best experience I could ever imagine with Dr. Politz and his staff. I had a re-do surgery done after a failed surgery in Canada from a General Surgeon who does not do more than a handful of parathyroid surgeries a year. I should have come here for the first one but wanted to save some money. If you don't have your health, you have nothing. I have the highest recommendation for having your parathyroid surgery performed in Tampa.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Great experience from start to finish. Courteous staff, caring doctors!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

The surgeons at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa are wonderful. I am from Rochester, NY and had no trouble scheduling my surgical date and hotel thanks to the incredibly thorough information that both the center's staff and website provide. Dr. Politz and Dr. Lopez provided exceptional care and made me feel very comfortable before the surgery. I would highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Center and it surgeons based on my experience.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I am very glad that my family doctor picked up on my parathyroidism condition early on and recommended the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. My tumor was removed by Dr. Politz and Dr. Boone on September, 24, 2014. Beginning with my first contact with the clinic over the phone and throughout the entire procedure, I was met with competent, caring professionals who guided me through the process. When it was determined that I was a candidate for the surgery, they arranged in a timely fashion for me to come to Tampa. Within 24 hours of my arrival in the city, I was on my way back home...cured!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

September 22, 2014 Jim Norman and Deva Boone removed a bad parathyroid gland. My consultation surgeon is Doug Politz. The care exhibited by Jim, Deva, and Doug pre and post op was very caring and precise. The entire staff at the Norman Parathyroid Clinic are to be commended for their professionalism and care. I had surgery in the morning, went out to lunch, checked into a different hotel, walked around the town of Dunedin, FL, and went out to dinner with friends. This group knows what they are doing and how to do it. The information provided on parathyroid.com and on their youtube videos is outstanding. It answers almost every question a patient may have regarding parathyroid issues. I totally recommend Jim Norman, Doug Poulitz, and Deva Boone who I have first hand experience with before and after surgery.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Douglas E. Politz's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1995)

Avmed