Ratings for Dr. Douglas E. Politz

I had parathyroid surgery July 25, 2017 with Dr. Politz, Dr. Parrack, and Dr. Boone. They were all wonderful, they talked to me before the surgery and after. I had 2 enlarged glands removed. This was basically painless and I am recovering well just 2 days out! This place runs like a smooth machine and I highly recommend them for this disease.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Had my parathyroid surgery and partial thyroid surgery on April 26th, 2017. Approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago. I had Dr. Politz, Dr. Lopez and Dr. Boone for my surgeons. Each one met with me before the surgery. Also met with 2 anesthesiologist and any questions I had were answered promptly by all. Nurses were fantastic. It is true that Dr. Politz has the best bedside manner I have ever seen of any doctor in my entire life. Staff at the office were quick to return all my emails and all very polite. Dr. Politz called the night of surgery to see how I was doing which a lot of people were impressed by. Before surgery I had lost all energy and was very fatigued. Almost 3 weeks later and my energy is starting to return back to normal. Their website is incredible and I did my own research to find the best doctors in parathyroid surgery and they are at The Norman Parathyroid Center, Tampa, Fl. Thanks to all of you and Dr. Norman for helping thousands of people get their lives back again.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Politz is an amazing surgeon who has saved my life! If your doctor tells you that a blood calcium level higher than 10.0 is normal, get another doctor, then contact Dr. Politz at the Norman Parathryoid Center in Tampa, FL. For 4 years I listened to my primary care doctor tell me that my blood calcium levels of 10.1-10.4 were normal, while I suffered with hyperparathyroidism. After being diagnosed with osteoporosis and still working with a doctor that thought nothing was wrong despite all the red flags pointing to hyperparathryoidism, I got online and found Dr. Norman and his fantastic, knowledgeable team. Be your own doctor! Just 5 days ago I had 3.5 tumorous parathyroids removed. I immediately felt no bone pain once I recovered from surgery. Doctors Politz, Boone and Parrack did what I learned most other endocrinologists do not do and tested my other parathyroids once they found the first bad one, saving me another operation down the road. Anyone diagnosed with hyperparathryoidism should just save themselves a lot of time from dealing with doctors who only do this operation periodically, and work with doctors who do only this operation all day long. It was worth me traveling to Florida from North Carolina to have an expert surgical team work on me. I am not sure how other doctors do not realize that NO ONE should have blood calcium levels about 10.0, but Dr. Norman and his team knew that. Work with the best. Dr. Norman and the doctors at the Norman Parathyroid center in Tampa, FL are the best.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Great Surgeon, great team! Excellent results and most pleasant, kind Dr!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Politz and the entire staff at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Everything was clearly explained and the process ran like a well oiled machine but yet was very personal. The anesthesiologist spent time with me and reviewed my history with past surgeries so he could adjust the type of anesthesia I received to ensure I would be comfortable post op. Dr. Politz talked to my husband and myself for quite a while both pre and post parathryroidectomy and made sure he had a correct telephone number to contact me that evening at our hotel. I had absolutely no post operative complications and was able to fly home on a 7am flight the morning following surgery! If you have hyperparathyroidism - do not hesitate to go to the Norman Parathyroid Center for your care.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Politz performed my parathyroid surgery a week ago. He explained the surgery beforehand and spoke with my husband and I afterward during recovery. He called me at home that evening to check on me. I felt very comfortable with him and have had no post-op problems.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Politz and the staff at the Norman Parathroid Center. My surgery went well, he explained the procedure and answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I felt that this practice truly knew my problem and addressed it much better than my doctors in my home state.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

superb endocrine surgeon. established a strong bond and instilled confidence from the moment we talked. did a great job. i am a retired surgeon and came from california to see him. he has my highest recommendation

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

My surgery was 6-12-2015...I praise Dr Politz, Dr McDaniels and all the staff...everyone was so informative and nice. I was naturally apprehensive at first but I soon felt I was in a good place where I could have confidence in the doctors and staff. I'm so glad I opted to come here. I would highly recommend the Norman Parathyroid Center. Thank you all so much.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I had the best experience I could ever imagine with Dr. Politz and his staff. I had a re-do surgery done after a failed surgery in Canada from a General Surgeon who does not do more than a handful of parathyroid surgeries a year. I should have come here for the first one but wanted to save some money. If you don't have your health, you have nothing. I have the highest recommendation for having your parathyroid surgery performed in Tampa.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Douglas E. Politz's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Wesley Chapel, FL